Unskippable: Zoids Assault

Supp

Nov 17, 2009
Seneschal said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJVvmQVnpNw
UGH the game looks hideous. It's like Front Mission, which was actually awesome (but old as dirt), only more confusing and with KITTY MECHA. Dear god...
The end of that video was someone saying "what the hell just happened"

I couldn't agree more.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
fanklok said:
snowfox said:
Seneschal said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJVvmQVnpNw
UGH the game looks hideous. It's like Front Mission, which was actually awesome (but old as dirt), only more confusing and with KITTY MECHA. Dear god...
I asked the same thing as the guy in the video when I watched that.

"What the hell just happened?"

That and wow that really sets me back, they used an Alarm sound half way through in that video that was a sound affect to a sega CD game back in the day... Wow....
Actually that video made perfect sense to me, it's a turn based strategy game. What looks like a poor attempt at one but turn based strategy non the less.
I don't mind TBS.. Infact I love it.. I would probably not play that one though >.>

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
Fox242 said:
JaredXE said:
So where were the Zoids?

LIGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's what I was thinking. How in the hell can something based off of Zoids be so damn boring?
I've heard the actual game is pretty terrible too. Turn based stradegy or something. It's too bad because Zoids are awesome. Need to have a western company make a Zoids game. Then it would be a Mech action game, not a Japanese still-image text-based turn based stradegy puke fest.

Destroy Gundam

Feb 20, 2009
"Did you just put a book in the 360?"

I gotta admit, I expected more out of an opening for a game based on a anime that involved giant robots beating on each other. It's like if an opening for a Gundam game was done in the style of a silent movie...good job with the jokes, but this opening was dull.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Did you guys do this one as a challenge? Man, that was so boring. Are you sure it's for the 360 and not for the N64? Maybe you got confused with the numbers? The N64 had an A button as well.

Your work was excellent, as usualy. I liked how you had to provide the courtroom mumbling because the game didn't. Although you didn't mention anything about the brilliant line 'Whatever, spy!'... son, I am disappoint.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Mydnyght said:
Formica Archonis said:
Wow. That droning voice - it's like Michelle Ruff had a kid and the father was a Speak & Spell.
Why, thank you, Formica. Now I'm going to have nightmares involving one of my favorite English-dub voice actresses and a Speak & Spell.
Well, I wasn't thinking about it like THAT. But now I am. Damn it, we managed to skeeve each other out!

Mydnyght said:
That said, yeah, there was probably no better way to describe Ms. Van Clyft's voice than how you put it.
I'm surprised Graham and Paul even attempted this one. It's an onscreen infodump, followed by another infodump, followed by an infodump, then some pathetic token stab at making a real cutscene, then infodump, infodump, infodump.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
Meanwhile at the Hall of Justice...

A weapon to use against their enemies? Those crafty bastards!

Not to be mentioned outside these doors. I'm looking at you Ted.

Gasp! Wait no, that name means absolutely nothing to me.

And to understand the backstory for the backstory please see the attached supplement.

ManaAdvent

Apr 16, 2010
Wow, that has to be one of the most boring cutscenes ever! There was just a lot of text for about the first half, and boring talk for the rest. That's just painful.

Professor X is extremely disappointed.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
Who told you to use this intro sequence? Whoever it was, they don't get to make choices any more. Not even their choice in sandwich.

TheHermit

Nov 30, 2009
Wow... worst intro ever. Couldn't imagine watching this without rifttracks... I mean unskippable.

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
Woah, if it wasn't for those two annoying guys talking, this cut scene would have put me to sleep faster then my chemistry professor.

Just kidding, you two aren't annoying. Great job, you two can really brighten the worst cutscene ever.

Random Wanderer

Apr 15, 2009
Ye gods, that was dull. No offense to Graham and Paul, you guys did well, but just like in the original MST3k there are times when the content is so poor that nothing the commenters do can salvage it.

I'd think a game about Zoids might want to actually have some in the opening.

Hayate_GT

Mar 6, 2010
wow that was probably the most boring vid i have seen so far...Paul and Graham tried to be funny and were ok but i dont think anything could have made the cut scene interesting...

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
"Yay, second guy, screw you first guy!"

"Metal Gear!"

Using a superweapon against your enemies? Now that's just plain crazy talk!

DND Judgement

Sep 30, 2008
jesus fucking christ when i saw the word zoids i actually got a little excited cos of how awesome that show was.... i don't think i have ever been so disappointed in my life.... ever.....

The Iconnorclast

Mar 31, 2010
God I could not even finish that watching this cutscene, so terrible... Funny episode with what you did I mean, but the cutscene itself was so boring I couldnt watch.

Spiner909

Dec 3, 2009
Catkid906 said:
Damn that game looks TERRIBLE!

Calumon: I thought the three year war would go on for 5 years, 8 tops!
Hmm...they're changing...Calumons didn't use to be like this...

That looks like on of the old timey text adventures like in Strong Bad's dungeon keeper.