Unusual abilities

wildpeaks

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Dec 25, 2008
MGlBlaze said:
Me? I have the ability to miss the completely obvious in a few cases similar to Failing A Spot Check. [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FailedASpotCheck]
Oh yeah, I know what you mean: for example, I noticed only after a whole year that my friend I was talking to everyday was black; not that it's bad, but it's not something you would not notice, yet it eluded me; my brain is strange sometimes.

Then again, I see every text and number in colors, so I'm used to be strange :D

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
I'm quite a good mimic, and can alter my voice to sound incredibly high or to an earthrumbling low. I don't actually know what my regular voice sounds like because of this.

I can also associate names, numbers, words, smells and noises to colours which makes it quite easy to remember things, although otherwise its totally useless.

I also know when someone is around me to quite a far distance and see in the dark with cat like precision which is why I think I'm incredibly quiet when I move.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
SnipErlite said:
I can wobble/vibrate my eyes, never met anyone else who can (although I've seen youtubes of others)
I can do that... It freaks people out lol.

I am extremely empathetic. I can tell how a person is feeling very easily. This helps me say really horrible things that hit them like Mack Truck... Or avoid saying such things.

I can also fold my Tongue 3 times until it looks like a minge!

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
Alpha Centauri said:
I have the uncanny ablitiy to stay single >.<
Indeed. Apart from that I can raise both eyebrows independantly, click alot of my joints and walk into things very well.

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
My legs and arms are very bendable, and I can do this weird think with my ankle... I won't even try to explain. I've yet to meet someone that can do the same thing though.

Marmalade

Mar 23, 2009
Disaster Button said:
I can also associate names, numbers, words, smells and noises to colours which makes it quite easy to remember things, although otherwise its totally useless.
I associate everything with colors. Like for example the word snow is kind of white blue.

And i think waaay to much, it's annoying.

Dapsen

Nov 9, 2008
Furburt said:
Logic 0 said:
Go on the Escapist Accent thread!

OP: I have correctly, on three occasions , had deja vu so severe that I actively predicted what the person I was talking to would say before they said it. The second time I did it, the girl I was talking to ran away thinking I was the devil.

The last one was 4 months ago. It's totally bizarre.
this! it happens in my dreams, but it isnt very clear that i've had the prediction before its happened in real life - think i could be trained to remember my dreams better like in training to lucid dream and that sort of stuff - and thereby remember my predictions better.

think i'll do that someday.

kelnadine

May 18, 2008
I can lick my elbow. I've often seen people insist that that's impossible, and have never met someone else who could do it. But it's easy.

Dapsen

Nov 9, 2008
StarStruckStrumpets said:
I can feel static energy from about 300 yards away, and for some reason, I can sense anyone around me with a 500ft radius. Seriously, it could just be extreme paranoia, but every time I turn around thinking someone is there, they are. It is almost impossible to jump-scare me now, because of my weirdness.

OH! I remembered, I can also kinda feel when someone is angry. My teacher was about to shout at the class for being too noise, and I could almost feel him inhale, ready to scream. It sucks, I'm almost impossible to scare. :(
might have like a really highly developed impulse sensor or something?
like sharks can sense the electric impulse in other living thing's brains from some distance,
only explanation i can find for you knowing about other people's presence.

EDIT: i dont even know if humans do have impulse sensors

Prof.Wood

Jul 10, 2009
I can do a very high reverse prayer (yoga position) on my back and I don't know anyone else who can do it.

metalmmaniac

Jun 30, 2009
its not too unique, but i have a pretty intense 'hitchhiker's thumb'...none of my friends have one, so it always freaks them out

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
The Disk Thrower said:
Furburt said:
The Disk Thrower said:
Pretty much this.., it's totally amazing too!,

and, the ability to do pretty much anything I want to, so long as I don't think, I mean like, if I were to start cooking or drawing, it'll just happen, but if I think about it at any point, it goes bad, specially weird since I have Dyspraxia
Yes. Perhaps we're like the X-men?

Interestingly, I have Dyspraxia as well.
Perhaps our curse holds a hidden gift?

, but this gift can never allow me to finish my half-drawn drawings!, damn it! *burns notebook*
Yes this, On numerous occasions I've gone to pick up the phone before it even started ringing.

also

ScurvyDawg said:
I am able to take anything I have swallowed and bring it back up my throat into my mouth, no fingers or general body movement required.
But that's more of a learned behaviour , I learned from the

El_Lazor

Nov 20, 2009
I can crack every joint in my body, wiggle my ears, am really flexible, and I have achromatopsia (but this really isn't a ability although it makes me speshul).

AfroTree

Feb 21, 2010
SuperUberBob said:
I can ignore racist comments directed toward my nationality with 100% efficiency.
that's because you're "SuperUberBob"?

Hollock said:
The Disk Thrower said:
Furburt said:
The Disk Thrower said:
Pretty much this.., it's totally amazing too!,

and, the ability to do pretty much anything I want to, so long as I don't think, I mean like, if I were to start cooking or drawing, it'll just happen, but if I think about it at any point, it goes bad, specially weird since I have Dyspraxia
Yes. Perhaps we're like the X-men?

Interestingly, I have Dyspraxia as well.
Perhaps our curse holds a hidden gift?

, but this gift can never allow me to finish my half-drawn drawings!, damn it! *burns notebook*
Yes this, On numerous occasions I've gone to pick up the phone before it even started ringing.

also

ScurvyDawg said:
I am able to take anything I have swallowed and bring it back up my throat into my mouth, no fingers or general body movement required.
But that's more of a learned behaviour , I learned from the
FROM THE WHAT MAN?!

bonnero

Apr 15, 2009
Well, I reckon I have empathy, I can feel other people's emotions before they make anything clear, it also includes feedback, hard to explain but if you've ever read altered carbon the empath drug does the same.
As for what I do know, I have a very good sense of smell, and can smell pregnant women, not a smell I can describe though, but they all smell the same.
Both are quite funny because I've been told by a few people that they think I have Asperger's

Baris345

Aug 3, 2009
I have an uncanny knack for getting out of trouble. Be it official authority figures, girlfriends, parents, I always seem to get them on my side after doing something they heavily disapprove of. It's not like I'm some sort of charming devil either, it only seems to work specifically when I'm in deep shit and under pressure.

Ryuzaki001

Nov 10, 2009
I cannot be tripped. Never in my life have I fallen completely to the ground. I have oddly impeccable balance which is odd because I have a form of scoliosis (unnatural curvature of the spine) and the doctor said I would have horrible balance and fall over all the time for no reason, but I guess they were wrong!