Unusual things that help you wake up in the morning.

stormeris

Aug 29, 2011
I keep my phone with the alarm as far away from my bed as possible

I also put on the worst fucking possible song, so i would force myself to get the fuck out of my bed just to turn that fucking shit off... Shit like current pop artists do wonders this way....

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
5:25am every day for the last 2 weeks:
My kitten sticks his nose in my ear and snuffles as loudly as he can. After that it's finger/toe/whatever he can find biting until i get out of bed and feed him.

...I kinda miss the harsh bleeping of the alarm clock now.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
I set up a couple of different alarms and place them all around the room, so that I need to put in as much effort as possible to turn them all off. The way I see it, if I can still go back to sleep afterwards, I deserve it.

WickedFire

Apr 25, 2011
Recently I have been forced to get out of bed to escape the incessant noise of a truly stupid bird pecking my bedroom window repeatedly. It baffles me that these creatures have instinctual memory for predators, yet over the many generations where glass has been an invention, have not figured out reflections.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
At first i hit the snooze button 5 times, by then i'm awake enough to see the screen of my phone and that the snooze option is already gone, then i look at the clock and hurry like mad so i don't miss the bus.. Or i just turn on some music on my tablet really loud and get up in a couple of minutes.

Oct 2, 2012
Simple.
I don't actually go to sleep at night anymore :D
I just stay up all night listening to music, gaming, working, or just suffering from Insomnia. Then when morning hits and I have to "start" my day I just go do my stuff.
Then I sleep for like 2 - 4 hours sometime in the early evening and I'm set to go for another day.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I have to wake up at 4:45am every morning to get to work for 8:00am. My morning ritual is as follows:

Wake up and go downstairs to turn the kettle on and put some toast in the toaster.
While the water is boiling and the bread is being toasted, go back upstairs and have a shower/ wash my face etc. (I don't like to shower every day; it dries my hair out)
After getting washed and dressed, go back downstairs and butter my toast, brew my tea and get some cereal
Sit and watch a DVD until it is time to catch my bus

I find that it helps me wake up, and I tend to make my packed lunch the night before and store it, so I have one less task to do in the morning. I don't like to be rushed, so I try and plan accordingly.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I find a regular alarm clock just doesn't quite divide the mustard, so I tune in to 66.6FM (The Sound of Screaming!on my radio clock.

Ah, soothing.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Beffudled Sheep said:
Simple.
I just stay up all night listening to music, gaming, working, or just suffering from Insomnia. Then when morning hits and I have to "start" my day I just go do my stuff.
Then I sleep for like 2 - 4 hours sometime in the early evening and I'm set to go for another day.
The joys of insomnia! *bro fist*

We have no trouble waking up! We'll just slowly go insane and make no sense as the days without sleep tick by.

And on a side note, did you remember to kalikrack the findoo like I said to before! You keep forgetting sheep!

OT: When I don't have insomnia (which thankfully happens for long stretches of time) I usually eat breakfast to wake up. Which doesn't sound weird, but apparently I'm told by certain people that drinking coke and eating quesadillas in the morning is off.

Well I think the phrase "bad person" was what was thrown around, but you get the idea. XD

Oct 2, 2012
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Beffudled Sheep said:
Simple.

We have no trouble waking up! We'll just slowly go insane and make no sense as the days without sleep tick by.

And on a side note, did you remember to kalikrack the findoo like I said to before! You keep forgetting sheep!

OT: When I don't have insomnia (which thankfully happens for long stretches of time) I usually eat breakfast to wake up. Which doesn't sound weird, but apparently I'm told by certain people that drinking coke and eating quesadillas in the morning is off.

Well I think the phrase "bad person" was what was thrown around, but you get the idea. XD
Gal bursten it T0ad.

Have you ever been unable to sleep for so long that you stat to hallucinate? Shits wild. And terrifying.
Mostly terrifying.

One tactic I do use for when I need to wake up quickly is to think of T0ad's face. Its horrendous hideousness shocks me into a state of awakeness faster than a coke/meth mix
;D

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Beffudled Sheep said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Beffudled Sheep said:
Simple.

Gal bursten it T0ad.

Have you ever been unable to sleep for so long that you stat to hallucinate? Shits wild. And terrifying.
Mostly terrifying.

One tactic I do use for when I need to wake up quickly is to think of T0ad's face. Its horrendous hideousness shocks me into a state of awakeness faster than a coke/meth mix
;D
Fribble! Just Fribble! Non of this Gal Bursten knock off crap you keep peddling sheep!

... And Not hallucinations proper, but definitely paranoid!

I kept thinking people were following me XD

The reason it got so bad was I was taking some medicine for something, and it completely screwed over my ability to sleep.

Never happened since though.

Oct 2, 2012
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Beffudled Sheep said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Beffudled Sheep said:
Simple.

Gal bursten it T0ad.

Mostly terrifying.

;D
Fribble! Just Fribble! Non of this Gal Bursten knock off crap you keep peddling sheep!

The reason it got so bad was I was taking some medicine for something, and it completely screwed over my ability to sleep.

Stay up for 5 days and see what happens.
If you have trouble staying awake then just think about Colour's hair. That should terrify you enough to stay awake the whole time.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
I guess I'm one of very few people who can just wake up. My alarm clock gets shut down seconds after it starts ringing, I immediately get up, press power button on my notebook, drink a good cup of water and go to bathroom. Boom! 5 minutes, I'm completely functional and checking my e-mail.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
I wake up to BBC Radio 4's Today Program... I don't think there's anything weirder to wake up to than that... given current company... >_>

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Beffudled Sheep said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Beffudled Sheep said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Beffudled Sheep said:
Simple.

Gal bursten it T0ad.

Mostly terrifying.

;D

If you have trouble staying awake then just think about Colour's hair. That should terrify you enough to stay awake the whole time.
I should do it then write all my papers like that XD

And no! All I'll need is coke and quesadillas! And Skyrim! And poor decision making skills!

...I have all of those things! I think I can do this sheep! XD

Oct 2, 2012
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Beffudled Sheep said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Beffudled Sheep said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Beffudled Sheep said:
Simple.

Gal bursten it T0ad.

Mostly terrifying.

;D

I should do it then write all my papers like that XD

And no! All I'll need is coke and quesadillas! And Skyrim! And poor decision making skills!

...I have all of those things! I think I can do this sheep! XD
I believe in you T0ad. You have the technology.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
The best trick I've found is to put your alarm far away from your bed. That way, if you want to hit snooze, you have to actually get up out of bed, walk over and hit the button. Something about having to actually get out of bed wakes me up a lot more than simply being able to reach over and press the button.

kyuzo3567

Jan 31, 2011
I never have an issue waking up and staying awake on the condition that I actually get out of bed to my alarm. If I move when it goes off then I'm fine and I can get ready and go to class and do work etc... However, if I don't get out of bed once my alarm goes off for any reason (hitting snooze, rolling over, "just 5 more minutes"...) than I'll tend to sleep for another few hours if I don't have another alarm set to go off

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
I go to bed between 10 and 10:30. Read/do something for 10-15 minutes, but am curled up and lights out by 11 at the very latest. Sometimes if I"m tired I can go to bed at 9.

On weekdays, my alarm goes off at 7am. I've usually been just dozing since 5:30ish, turning over a bit and sliding in and out of real sleep, so when my phone goes off I get up. I pull on the clothes I laid out the night before, go downstairs, feed the cat, do my makeup and straighten my hair. Leave the house by 7:25ish. At work for 8am. I then proceed to fuck around on the internet until about 9am. Or earlier as I have a meeting in a few minutes.

Coffee is for the weekends, mostly. No time in the mornings and I have to pay for coffee at work, so I don't drink it here. Which is really, really stupid when you think about it. $20 a month to use the Keurig. I refuse to. So I don't drink coffee like I used to.

AdrianCeltigar

Jan 8, 2011
I have a sentient alarm clock known as "Smudge." Smudge is my cat. When she thinks I should be awake she jumps in my bed and does various things that annoy the hell out of me. Nuzzling my neck with her freakishly cold nose, meowing very loudly directly into my ear, walking on my face, that sort of thing. At first I put up with it and try and get her to lay down and shut up, but she persists and I inevitably give up and get out of bed. Luckily she's nice about it, and only does this when I normally get up anyways.