Upcoming games you're excited about!

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
We're getting into the dry season of gaming. So, what upcoming/ in-development/ or just the tinkling in the eye of the devs projects are you excited about?

To kick it off, I'm currently excited about what Quantic Dream's next project. They released a tech demo, Kara [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-pF56-ZYkY], showing off their engine, so some gears are turning over there.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Persona 4: Arena
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
Lollipop Chainsaw
Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition
Pokemon Black 2
Persona 4: The Golden
Bioshock: Infinite
Skullgirls

Um...off the top of my head, those are the only games I plan on buying this year. I already picked up Devil Survivor 2 and PokePark 2.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Gotta be honest, not excited about a lot at the moment, I just got Mass Effect 3 which judging by the thread names on this forum should fill me with rage by the end of the game. Other than that, I've picked up a load of games from GAME's pre-administration sale which should keep me going until June when Lollipop Chainsaw comes out (its Buffy the Vampire Slayer fighting zombies with a chainsaw, how can I resist?)

Then its Resident Evil 6 if the reviews are good and The Last of Us if its released this year. I'm sure there will be other stuff that tempts me, but at the moment thats it.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Whichever Tales game is coming out next week (I can never remember the name for whatever reason) and Persona 5

Raognerrrm

Apr 2, 2011
Basically just Bioshock Infinite. And maybe Assassin's Creed 3, if it sounds like something I'd enjoy.
Not many at all, and with quite a wait. Oh well, it'll give me time to play those games I missed.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Bioshock Infinite and that's about it I guess.

To be honest, the number of games that match my tastes and aren't re-releases is really meager this year. Good, gives me ample time to catch up on some of my backlog.

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
Not much anymore. I had high hopes for Mass Effect 3 being a veteran from one, then slogging through 2, but the story really WAS the best part for me and it took a nosedive with 2 and then just said screw it and decided to go for the world record in shark jumping with 3. (I'm SO glad I checked before I actually paid for that drek.) I mean I like Time Bandits an' all but seriously?

I did just pick up the new BlazBlue and I will probably pick up Borderlands 2 unless they also decide that they can screw their fans over and just pump out a rushed product because they know that people will buy it.

I'm honestly a bit saddened at the way the industry is going quality wise. If someone told me a year ago that I would like the story in Blazblue more than the one in Skyrim or Mass Effect I would have told them they had to be nuts. Yet that is the case.

An' if someone would have offered to bet me that I could make more SENSE out of Blazblue's story than either Mass Effect or Elder Scrolls, man would I have taken THAT bet!

Good thing I don't meet TOO many hypothetical someones....

Kyle Donovan

Dec 10, 2011
The only ones that I even am remotely looking forward to is both Lollipop Chainsaw and Bioshock Infinite. BS:I looks amazing though.

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
mikev7.0 said:
Not much anymore. I had high hopes for Mass Effect 3 being a veteran from one, then slogging through 2, but the story really WAS the best part for me and it took a nosedive with 2 and then just said screw it and decided to go for the world record in shark jumping with 3. (I'm SO glad I checked before I actually paid for that drek.) I mean I like Time Bandits an' all but seriously?

I did just pick up the new BlazBlue and I will probably pick up Borderlands 2 unless they also decide that they can screw their fans over and just pump out a rushed product because they know that people will buy it.

I'm honestly a bit saddened at the way the industry is going quality wise. If someone told me a year ago that I would like the story in Blazblue more than the one in Skyrim or Mass Effect I would have told them they had to be nuts. Yet that is the case.

An' if someone would have offered to bet me that I could make more SENSE out of Blazblue's story than either Mass Effect or Elder Scrolls, man would I have taken THAT bet!

Good thing I don't meet TOO many hypothetical someones....
I think it's unfortunate with ME 3, I really hope that Bioware at least releases a DLC (like Bethesda with 'Broken Steel') to try and curb their fans. (Though, that might backfire)

It reminds me of Indigo Prophecy, I love the game to pieces but about halfway though, it just takes a double dose of cocaine and LSD and never looks back.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I might have to get a 3DS in order to enjoy the next 'worthwhile' installment of the Kingdom Hearts series. Please let this be the last one so that we can get KH3.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Launcelot111 said:
Whichever Tales game is coming out next week (I can never remember the name for whatever reason) and Persona 5
The name is Tales of Graces F for the PS3.

OT: For me also Tales of Graces F, Xenoblade Chronicles, the Enhanced Edition version of The Witcher 2, The Last Story, Darksiders 2, and Guild Wars 2. Also if these count the Wasteland 2 and Obsidian kickstarters. Seriously I wish they would hurry up and get here. That is after April since right now I have no money plus I want The Witcher 2 Dark Edition.

Battleaxx90

Jul 8, 2011
There's only two games I'm looking forward to right now; Kingdom Hearts 3D and Pandora's Tower.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
This is gonna be a good year, I can smell it.

Persona 4: The Golden
Persona 4: (The Ultimate: In Mayonaka) Arena
Persona 5
Bioshock: Infinite
The Last of Us
Black Ops 2 (Hopefully...)
Assassin's Creed 3
Lollipop Chainsaw
Bastion and Orcs Must Die for PS3 (A man can dream)
Borderlands 2
Disgaea 3 for Vita
Fallout 4 (Why not?)
Monster Hunter 3 for Vita

And... that's it for now.