Upcoming "Kirby 3DS" Game Titled Kirby: Triple Deluxe

Michael Epstein

Sep 9, 2013
Upcoming "Kirby 3DS" Game Titled Kirby: Triple Deluxe

Kirby's new adventure has Nintendo's most inventive attempt to make the name "Kirby 3D" seem novel again.

As you may or may not recall, Nintendo revealed that it's working on a new Kirby title for the 3DS during a Nintendo Direct address last month. Tentatively titled "Kirby 3DS," the upcoming game seemed to be a fairly straightforward take on the Kirby formula, without any Epic Yarn aesthetics or Mass Attack goofiness. Though the game did not show up during yesterday's Nintendo Direct address, in its wake we got this insy winsy bit of new intel on the game. "Kirby 3DS" is actually called Kirby: 3D Triple Deluxe

The official title was apparently buried in yesterday's post-Nintendo Direct press release. According to Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2013/11/14/new-kirby-3ds-game-is-called-kirby-triple-deluxe-nintendo-conf/], the Triple Deluxe title was announced publicly in Japan last month, but had not been confirmed as the international title.

Though little is known about Triple Deluxe, the trailer suggests that there will be an emphasis on interactions between the background and foreground of levels, and a new, extra-strength inhaling power.

Kirby: Triple Deluxe is expected to hit stores in 2014.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2013/11/14/new-kirby-3ds-game-is-called-kirby-triple-deluxe-nintendo-conf/]

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I love Kirby games! I'm looking forward to the release of this one.
My only general criticism of them is they're just not that long, even if you 100% them.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
So for a change they're not going to mess too much with the tried and tested formula of an old existing franchise? Fantastic.

Where's my new F-Zero game? :mad:

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Looks like fun. I'm sure my daughter will be thrilled. Pity it won't be out in time for Christmas.

I wouldn't mind seeing another game in the Epic Yarn style at all, though.

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
triple = 3 = half life 3 confirmed

-bricked-

In all srs busns i haven't played a kirby game in ages, hope it's good x3

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
I can't help but suspect this started out as a remake of Virtual Boy Wario Land.

P.S. Thanks

P.P.S. In all seriousness, Virtual Boy Wario Land deserves a 3DS remake. It was an excellent game and never got a fair shake because of the system it was on.

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
Now I'm just waiting for Jim to comment on this :D

might want to pick this one up. Looks pretty and shiny and colourful.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Looks fun so far...and I can definitely see where the 3D elements will play nicely with the aethetics. (Admit it...you all laughed a bit when Kirby got smooshed against the screen! *upward points at people dramatically* ADMIT IT!)

Weaver said:
I love Kirby games! I'm looking forward to the release of this one.
My only general criticism of them is they're just not that long, even if you 100% them.
True that. Didn't even take me all that long to 100% Hard Mode on Kirby - Return to Dreamland. Still, as long as it's fun, that's not a major dealbreaker for me.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Callate said:
Looks like fun. I'm sure my daughter will be thrilled. Pity it won't be out in time for Christmas.

I wouldn't mind seeing another game in the Epic Yarn style at all, though.
I would keep a lookout for Yarn Yoshi. That's supposedly in the same style as Epic Yarn

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Definitely looking forward to it, I love me some Kirby action.

I'm still waiting for a true 3D Kirby game with a format similar to 3D Mario games, or another game that allows you to combine two copy abilities.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I just wish they'd make Kirby games where you can combine powers like Crystal Shards... that was so awesome

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
Sold. Anyone wanna bet that getting shoved forward by those hands will be an instant KO?

CAPCHA: How's it going

Not bad, forum. Not bad.