Update 20 Minutes of Fallout 4 Gameplay Footage Leaked

Often

Apr 18, 2010
userwhoquitthesite said:
Wow. I decide to give this site a chance again and come back to this:
An article talking about spoilers, when nothing that hasn't already been seen or heard already is here in the video.
a comment thread full of people bitching and moaning about how terrible the game look or trying to sound cool by saying how much they hate bethesda... in the same damn sentence that they say they've already preordered the game and will pick it up at launch.

The game looks fine. The audio is fine. You're going to play it anyway.

Grow up
Exactly. Every time I see something like this, I look somewhere else to see people that are actually happy about it, then come here just to see how much everyone is bitching about it. I swear this site is so damn negative about EVERYTHING.

ghalleon0915

Feb 23, 2014
I've always wondered about the whole graphics vs gameplay; in this day and age shouldn't we expect to have both elements be good? It shouldn't be an either/or proposition. Throw in the story there as well ( which actually is number one for me, personally). Anyway....

Only saw a bit of the video, as some of the other links have been dmca'd, but it pretty much looks like Fallout. It will be interesting to see if it has a smooth launch considering they made a big deal of how much prepared they have been and how it was all set and ready to go for a while now.

As I did with Skyrim and Fallout/New Vegas, I will wait 2 years ( maybe not that long this time) and enjoy the game then ( as I did with the previously mentioned games). There better not be any gamebreaking bugs like Vegas had though - I did not enjoy having to reload and wipe 30 hours of playtime because I had to visit Mr House before I killed Caesar.

Wuvlycuddles

Oct 29, 2009
ghalleon0915 said:
As I did with Skyrim and Fallout/New Vegas, I will wait 2 years ( maybe not that long this time) and enjoy the game then ( as I did with the previously mentioned games). There better not be any gamebreaking bugs like Vegas had though - I did not enjoy having to reload and wipe 30 hours of playtime because I had to visit Mr House before I killed Caesar.
Well Vegas came in overbudget and had a QA team of two people, it was amazing the game ran at all to be honest. But yeah probably a smart move to grab it when mod support is in and the expansions have been released.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Mister K said:
Also, am I the only one who thinks that the voice of the Vault Tec representative in the beginning sounds familiar and Bethesda spent all their money on hiring famous VA instead of actually making a game?
It's Paul Eiding. He did voicework in Skyrim (including the crazed scholar you need to talk to about the Elder Scrolls in order to finish the main story) and Fallout 3 (as a crazed robotic recreation of Abraham Lincon, the head of that weird tree cult, and I'm sure a few others).

EDIT: wait... I'm sensing a pattern here...

EDIT2: He also voiced Campbell in the MGS series. So that might also be where you're recognizing him from. I haven't played MGS, so I'm just seeing that as, "oh, you might know this guy from here." "No, wiki, I don't."

Ironically, looking at the cast list, the only big name I can see is Ron Pearlman. There's a few solid standards like Courteny Taylor (Jack from Mass Effect), Stephen Russel (Garrett from Thief, Mercer Frey from Skyrim, ect.), but nothing like Elder Scrolls Online's Kate Beckinsale, Bill Nighy, and Michael Gambon.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Charcharo said:
Elfgore said:
That was quite frustrating to watch. Just answer the damn door already and spin the fucking rockets! Dear lord, man.

I stopped watching after he started fighting the mutants, I want as little spoilers as possible when it comes to quest, characters, perks, weapons, and pretty much everything else. Quality was god-awful too.
But why?

We all know Bethesda games are on the level of Call of Duty when it comes down to Characters, writing, plots, themes...
And this is not even trolling (even lightly)... that is how Bethesda is. They dont have writers, nor QA nor decent programmers.

*And this is someone who is a fan of Bethesda all in all.
Yes, Bethesda is all you have said above(Well they aren't as bad as you stated, they're not amazing either but...). I love it and soak it all up like a sponge. I rather not see some guy randomly on the internet play something before I get to see it for myself.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Charcharo said:
Elfgore said:
Charcharo said:
Elfgore said:
That was quite frustrating to watch. Just answer the damn door already and spin the fucking rockets! Dear lord, man.

I stopped watching after he started fighting the mutants, I want as little spoilers as possible when it comes to quest, characters, perks, weapons, and pretty much everything else. Quality was god-awful too.
But why?

We all know Bethesda games are on the level of Call of Duty when it comes down to Characters, writing, plots, themes...
And this is not even trolling (even lightly)... that is how Bethesda is. They dont have writers, nor QA nor decent programmers.

*And this is someone who is a fan of Bethesda all in all.
Yes, Bethesda is all you have said above(Well they aren't as bad as you stated, they're not amazing either but...). I love it and soak it all up like a sponge. I rather not see some guy randomly on the internet play something before I get to see it for myself.
Who said they are bad? I pre-ordered it, played several hundred hours of FO 3 and new Vegas (not Bethesda, I know). I even liked Skyrim though not as much.

But they really are that bad at those things. Their writing really is shit tier 99% of the time. Hell, CoD actually has BETTER writing most of the time. And they are bad programmers, unfit to be in the same sentence as 4A Games for example.

But that does not mean I dont like their games (I do) or that they dont have their own quality :p

* Even if I often complain about them.

On the last point I agree. I am annoyed when people arent as MLG Elite as me :p :p :D :D
CoD actually has some really good writing that gets overlooked too much of the time since they are so frequently released.

Bethesda has some excellent writing. The overall main story is often the worst piece too. It's the individual missions and events where they really shine. They're world building in ways no other company is quite as good at so if you want the open world Bethesda is one of the best if not still the best. I still remember specific quests and happening from Morrowind. That was 15 years ago and the vast majority of other games have slipped away into the ether.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Charcharo said:
*Looks at recent CoD Games... looks at king Tiger tank from trailer of the new one... flashbacks to the insane levels of propaganda in MW2, 3 and Ghosts...*

Well... I disagree very VERY strongly on CoD. It is mostly very illogical set pieces and zero thematic coherence mixed in with cheap drama fuel. And Ghosts was something that almost made me die from laughter due to its insane and illogical contrivances at the start.
Illogcial set pieces and themeatic decoherence is a staple of action flicks. So is cheap drama fuel. Even in good ones. No one ever saw a Mission Impossible that they liked and declared "Oh my, all these set pieces make perfect sense and I understand the thematic elements entirely!"

These are military genre games. They're basically the same as military action flicks. If you like one you should like the other if you're a fan of film and video games. Complaining about these elements would be similar to me complaining about gore in a horror movie. I mean, you have every right to do so but it'll come down to a taste in genre rather than an empirical observation.

Some of the quotes though are awesome. All it takes to change the world is one good lie and a river of blood. So edgy and badass ... and some sense attached to it and its context in the game. Love it.
Another common byproduct of war films.

Though with Bethesda I am more mixed. I can say with confidence that GSC Game World beat them 8 years ago and are still not defeated.
Unless they made something I'm unaware with, I think I and the general consensus (metacritic and user scores) of the internet will disagree with you on this one. Are you talking about the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series? I'm not entirely sure how that game even relates to Bethesda games like the Elder Scrolls series or their more recent Fallout series. But if you know something I don't then maybe I should pick up a copy of one.

And Witcher did also surpass them in all areas of writing and world building by a lot. Though it does cheat as it builds on the shoulders of a more advanced art form (referring to the Witcher books). But Morrowind... you do make a lot of sense here. I give you that. That is mostly correct.

... and I am still buying FO4... fuck me I am strange.
I'd say the Witcher 3 fared almost identically to Skyrim but with newer technology. We'll have to see what Bethesda does with their new engine in that area.

But I will admit that CD Projekt is the only reason I didn't call Bethesda the undeniable best in the business. I'd say they have solid competition with CD Projekt but I would moreso argue that people saying Witcher 3 was tons better may be falling prey to novelty just because it is newer and therefor the enjoyment of it is fresher in one's minds. The next really good one that comes out may then be claimed better than all the others before when really you may have had just as much fun playing of its predecessors.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Lightknight said:
CoD actually has some really good writing that gets overlooked too much of the time since they are so frequently released.
Honestly? Infinity Ward's been going down hill since 4. To the point that I skipped Ghosts, though I doubt anyone's about to argue that one. Treyarch used to be pretty meh, but the Black Ops series is surprisingly good for what it's doing. I haven't played AW, so no idea there, but I've heard good things.

It's a mixed bag. When it's good, it's really good. When it's not, it's pretty terrible. MW3, for instance.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
Dr. McD said:
I don't want a fucking talking PC (who's going to be fucking moron no less), I don't want house building (if I want to build a house I'll play The Sims), I sure as hell don't want to wait three hours for a fucking tutorial that details how my character had a sweet role stolen from him/her (and every PC has this exact childhood), and most of all I don't care about "my" waifu/husbando/babu or any fucking asinine "relationship" system.
I got on here again just to say that I completly agree with this paragraph. I don't understand why they are just trying to push gimmick and trying to take away more of being able to make my own character. Heck they didnt even go all in with the stupid voice protaginist junk. Its just one voice per gender