Update: Ace Attorney Trilogy Coming to 3DS With Enhancements

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Update: Ace Attorney Trilogy Coming to 3DS With Enhancements

The original three Ace Attorney games are heading to the 3DS in a special compilation.

According to the latest edition of Famitsu magazine [http://www.famitsu.com/], the first three Ace Attorney games, that is, Ace Attorney, Justice for All, and Trials and Tribulations, are heading to the 3DS in a special compilation edition. The compilation will be called Ace Attorney 123: Wright Selection, and will feature enhancements on the new handheld, such as the addition of stereoscopic 3D.

Famitsu suggests that both an English and Japanese version are in the works, as the Japanese version of the collection will also have the English-language option present. It's worth noting that Japanese versions of previous Ace Attorney games have had an English language option.

A limited edition version will also be available, which will come with a drama CD, and first-print copies will come with a download code to get an extra arranged BGM and an original background image.

The compilation will be released in Japan on April 17 for 3,990 yen (~$45 US). There was no word on when it will release in any other markets.

This isn't the first time the spiky-haired lawyer has seem a re-release of his trilogy. The games were initially available in Japan on the Gameboy Advance, and were brought over to the West on the DS. They've also had a WiiWare, PC and iOS release since then.

This is great news for Ace Attorney fans, as the original three games were easily the best in the series. Here's hoping it actually gets a physical release this time [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124018-Capcom-Explains-Why-Ace-Attorney-5-Is-Digital-Only], and maybe, possibly, could we perhaps get an English localization of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 please?.

Source: Siliconera [http://www.famitsu.com/]

Update: A Japanese video showing off the game's new features has been released by Capcom. You can check it out below:

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
WOOO! I have the first one on DS along with Apollo Justice but finding the other games has been... hard.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Never played ANY of them (didn't have a DS and only recently got a 3DS).
Here's hoping Capcom of the west cares enough to bring it over. I know fans were upset certain games didn't get localized here.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Such a shame that I just tracked down most of the games like a week ago.
Though I'm still super pissed that Capcom isn't bringing the Layton/Wright cross over game to the West...seriously who is clamoring for this rerelease of the trilogy when the mash up is being denied? Does Capcom just want to make more fans of Wright just to have more people pissed at them?

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
Rednog said:
Though I'm still super pissed that Capcom isn't bringing the Layton/Wright cross over game to the West...seriously who is clamoring for this rerelease of the trilogy when the mash up is being denied? Does Capcom just want to make more fans of Wright just to have more people pissed at them?
What are you talking about? Phoenix Wright/Layton crossover being released in Europe and Australia in March, and in America not long after.

OT: Sweet! Time to buy my favorite series again!

EDIT: Made clear which games I was talking about.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
xaszatm said:
Rednog said:
What are you talking about? Phoenix Wright/Layton crossover being released in Europe and Australia in March, and in America not long after.

Interesting, didn't know since the last I heard about it was on the escapist.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104551-Professor-Layton-Phoenix-Wright-Crossover-for-Japan-Only-Says-Capcom

Edit: I see now that it's a super old article, didn't check the date when I read it.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
If they fix the translation to not be awful, I might check this out when it comes to the States (which it absolutely will, if there's an English option in there anyway).

I won't check it out if they leave this crap in though:

P.S. Thanks

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Grenge Di Origin said:
PunkRex said:
WOOO! I have the first one on DS along with Apollo Justice but finding the other games has been... hard.
So my 3-game collection is worth a lot of-<url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/Phoenix-Wright-Ace-Attorney-Justice-For-All-Nintendo-DS-2007-/121255496732?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1c3b640c1c>oh wait, never mind.
I'm actually from the UK and I like to shop myself... but I suppose I could always bite the bullet and just make an Amazon account... damn young'uns, with ya lap tops and ya Miley Cyrus.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Hmm, I just might get two consoles for the new generation.

StHubi

Jan 15, 2010
I am really looking forward to this collection! It has been years since I played those three games and it would be really great to replay them now... Probably this time I will not sell them that soon again :(

siveon

Jan 21, 2012
Sweet! I thought I was gonna have to play on my shitty iPhone to get some context.

The 3DS is made awesome, yet again!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Another game added onto my list of games to buy since I want to get into the franchise before the Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney come out.

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Rednog said:
xaszatm said:
Rednog said:

Interesting, didn't know since the last I heard about it was on the escapist.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104551-Professor-Layton-Phoenix-Wright-Crossover-for-Japan-Only-Says-Capcom

Edit: I see now that it's a super old article, didn't check the date when I read it.
I actually posted that it was coming to the west a while ago:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/126662-Professor-Layton-vs-Phoenix-Wright-Is-Coming-to-The-West

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Sweet. That will give me a chance to play this series. I missed them when the originals came out, and they're pretty hard to find for reasonable prices now.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
NO OBJECTION!

I missed these first time around, so I'll definitely pick this up when it comes out. Assuming it gets a European release of course.

Rossco64

Apr 14, 2009
I have all the games released outside of Japan. I shouldn't want this. But I want this.

EDIT: Also, they blink again! Happy days!

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Well damn I'm super happy about this as I'm Australian and a single copy of any of the Ace Attorney games goes for around $50-$80 here. I've always wanted to play this series but I've never been able to justify the cost of a new game for a second hand 8 year old game, and there's 3 of them.