Update: Brit Comedian Joins Assassin's Creed III Cast

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Update: Brit Comedian Joins Assassin's Creed III Cast

Shaun of the Dead actor may be Templar.

The guy who was almost Paul McCartney, got turned into a zombie, and was shot in the unmentionables with a paintball gun wielded by Simon Pegg, is one of the voices in the upcoming Assassin's Creed game. Still don't know who he is? He's done voice for Darth Chef and Darth Maul - there, should be obvious now, it's Peter Serafinowicz [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPhsON-DUYQ], he of Spaced and Shaun of the Dead. No word yet on who he plays, but he is a Brit, and it's Assassin's Creed, so odds are you'll get to stab him at some point.

The news was broken by Serafinowicz himself, who tweeted his involvement earlier today. "Got to say 'PEGI18'" is all he was prepared to let slip. Oh, and that he thinks the game looks cool, but you can always count on the English to be polite.

Serafinowicz is a funny fella, but he tends to end up the heavy when it's time to hand out the acting roles. He was pretty much the same character in Shaun of the Dead as he was in Spaced - except for the whole zombie thing, of course - and my guess is, he'll be one of the tall, dark and evil brigade this time out as well.

Though I'd give Assassin's Creed bonus points, if Serafinowicz gets to whallop his nemesis Nick Frost before Connor fills him full of arrows.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-13-peter-serafinowicz-to-star-in-new-assassins-creed]

UPDATE: it would seem that Serafinowicz is just doing marketing work, not voice acting, according to Ubisoft. "We worked with Peter Serafinowicz to give voice to our UK advertising for Assassin's Creed 3, as his tone and gravitas were a perfect fit for the brand."

Image: peterserafinowicz.com [http://www.peterserafinowicz.com/]

RustlessPotato

Aug 17, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
Fun fact, he was the voice of Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace.
Yeah, he wrote it in the article.

O.T At least we can be sure one of the British won't have a Disney British accent.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Awww damn, I was hoping it would be Stephen Fry, everything is better with Stephen Fry.

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Awww damn, I was hoping it would be Stephen Fry, everything is better with Stephen Fry.
He would kind of steal the show then. What if your target is a guy with his voice? You'd just be hanging around him to feel his silky goodness in your ears instead of stabbing him. Granted, best anti-assassin defense ever, but incredibly overpowered.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Fuck-a-doodle doo!

He's got a good, deep commanding voice though, so I can see him fitting in as some higher ranking officer or general or something.

TornadoFive

Mar 9, 2011
He's just doing some marketing work, doesn't look like he'll actually be in the game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-13-peter-serafinowicz-to-star-in-new-assassins-creed

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Soviet Heavy said:
Fun fact, he was the voice of Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace.
I don't even remember Darth Maul speaking in the Phantom Menace (mind you I never try too hard to remember things from that movie too well). All I remember him doing was scowling, stabbing Liam Neeson, then getting cut in half by Ewan McGregor (and still somehow having more personality than Anakin).

Comando96

May 26, 2009
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
snagli said:
He would kind of steal the show then. What if your target is a guy with his voice? You'd just be hanging around him to feel his silky goodness in your ears instead of stabbing him. Granted, best anti-assassin defense ever, but incredibly overpowered.
Agreed. It would be like bringing in Brian Cox to play himself... just... go watch him do it in Syndicate... steals the scenes.

Assassins Creed bring Steven Fry in.............................. it would be as if your blades get stuck due to the ice, your gunpowder is wet, your posion frosen... and you're suffering from dehydration and starvation when you... hear that voice... telling you to walk out the room... close your door on the way out... stop killing people and start a family... even if it was with another man.

Anyway Peter Serafinowicz is more than likely to be a bad guy. Why? You Americans always get British actors to play the bag guys... you've only just stopped doing it in the last 10 years...
Only other real English lad in the series is is Danny Wallace [http://gameabuser.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/dannywallace.jpg] playing Shaun Hastings [http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Shaun_Hastings]. They look exactly the fucking same!

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
Am I bad person for feeling let down when I found out it wasn't Eddie Izzard?
No. I was hoping it would be and we'd get at least one line from Izzard's character about having a flag.

Ubisoft said:
"We worked with Peter Serafinowicz to give voice to our UK advertising for Assassin's Creed 3, as his tone and gravitas were a perfect fit for the brand."
"That one time where he got shot in the balls with a paintball gun? That's exactly the tone we want for our game."

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
That guys hilarious.
I dare you to watch that and not laugh.

Is Asscree 3 supposed to be funny?

Orlake

Jun 1, 2011
aaaaaaaw I was hoping it was Lee Mack :<

He could've done the accents for just about every other character in the game

Apr 17, 2009
it would seem that Serafinowicz is just doing marketing work, not voice acting, according to Ubisoft.
Awww...I was hoping he would use the voice he uses in Spaced for Dwayne/in Black Books to make Fran...have a moment, shall we say

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Driver Dan is in Assassin's Creed III? Is that what you are telling me? Will Loopy be a Welsh Assassin?

Because I have kids, thats why.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
He also had a guest appearance in the awesome Black Books, which is where I've first seen him. In that episode too, his voice played an important part.

I don't like Assassin's Creed's for quite a few reasons. But good for him.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Sweet, guys hilarious! In a great Nevermind the Buzzcocks episode AND the voice of Darth Maul - what a legend!