Update: Call of Duty: Ghosts Has 50 GB Install

MarlaDesat

Aug 22, 2013
Update: Call of Duty: Ghosts Has 50 GB Install

Nvidia reveals PC minimum system requirements for Call of Duty: Ghosts.

If you were putting off installing your new hard drive, now might be the time. The minimum specifications for the PC version of Call of Duty: Ghosts, posted by monthly voluntary survey [http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/call-of-duty-ghosts/system-requirements], installing Call of Duty: Ghosts could require more than 10% of your total hard drive space, not to mention the time required to download it. The download requirements for console versions are yet to be revealed, but a similarly large investment of space is likely.

Here's the full list of specifications provided by Nvidia:

Minimum System Requirements:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
RAM: 6 GB RAM
HDD: 50 GB HD space
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
DirectX: 11
Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.
Recommended System Requirements:

Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780

Call of Duty: Ghosts arrives for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U and PC on November 5. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 will have Call of Duty: Ghosts as a launch title. Activision has announced that early adopters will be able to upgrade their games to the next generation systems for as little as $10 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/127854-Upgrade-Call-of-Duty-Ghosts-To-Next-Gen-For-Just-10]. As long as they have space to install it, of course.

Source: Nvidia [http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/call-of-duty-ghosts/system-requirements]

Update: Activision has stated in a tweet [https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist/status/387555212883689473] that the specifications reported by Nvidia are not official. The official requirements are coming soon according to Activision.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Fucking christ, excuse me?
That's coming up to MMO size. Hell, that's bigger than older MMOs, what the fuck's using all that space?

thatonedude11

Mar 6, 2011
Is that a typo? Please tell me that is a typo.

Edit: Hell, all of those specs look really high for the minimum specs. 6GB of Ram! 550 Ti! Core 2 Duo processor (okay, not that so much). Are you sure those aren't the recommenced specs for the game NVidia?

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
I beg your pardon?

Call of Duty isn't going bloody open world is it?
Far cry 3 at least had a couple of islands.

Edit: Also, GTX 780 what the fuck. Isn't that pretty much a baby step down from the Titan?
What on eaaaarth. And this game is also on the PS360? You're having a bubbly.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
That's over the amount of space that League takes up, but that's the only game which I'm using as a reference. This is still kind of too much, though.

Supernova1138

Oct 24, 2011
With those kinds of requirements, I think they're simply copying and pasting the Xbox One version of the game onto PC and calling it a day. As for the HDD space, they're doing it because they have BluRay on all consoles now (aside from Wii U, but nobody cares about that), and don't really give a damn about slow internet connections and bandwidth caps. All I can say, is get ready to shell out for higher bandwidth caps and 4TB hard drives.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Holy Christ.

50 giga bytes?

What the hell are they doing?

Don't even get me started on bandwidth and download speeds.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Supernova1138 said:
As for the HDD space, they're doing it because they have BluRay on all consoles now (aside from Wii U, but nobody cares about that)
Slight correction here, the Wii U doesn't use Bluray certified discs, but it uses modified Wii optical discs that have the basic storage capacity of a single layered Bluray disc, so 25 GB. Panasonic helped to develop it and we don't know if the discs can be dual layered yet, but in this case it'll probably be 2 discs for the Wii U version. Although at the same time I don't know any Wii U owners clamoring up for the latest Call of Duty to grace the Nintendo console, in fact I don't know many Wii U owners because there aren't that many! XD (this is a joke for those who would get butt hurt about me saying this)

OT: 0__0
Damn, what the hell is in this game!? That's way too much space, and if they get lazy and do basically copy and paste the game for the Xbox One version then there goes a large portion of their internal HDD, and people were saying that it wouldn't fill up fast. XD
The largest game I've ever had on my computer is Sonic Generations, and that's with a shit ton of mods. I feel sorry for ISP providers when it comes to this game when it's being downloaded, and I can see this maxing out people's download limits.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
My windows portion only has about 10 gig free! OSX has 239 gig free.

Artemicion

Need superslick, Kupo.
Dec 7, 2009

I wasn't going to get Call of Duty: The Next One anyway, but now I'm definitely not.
50GB is a lot of space. My 1TB HDD only has a handful of my vast array of Steam titles installed, in addition to my iTunes library, my Sony Vegas, League of Legends, and so many other little programs that add up to so much. To ask that a single game take up the spacial equivalent of five or six games that are going to be equal (or greater) in playtime and quality is absurd.

Evil Smurf

Nov 11, 2011
Dragonbums said:
Holy Christ.

50 megabytes?

50 meg would only take a couple of minutes to download at the most. 50 gig a couple of hours.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Evil Smurf said:
50 meg would only take a couple of minutes to download at the most. 50 gig a couple of hours.
If you have a decent internet, and are connected into a good enough router, or possibly the modem itself.
If I were to try and download this, it'd take at least a whole day for me.

Evil Smurf

Nov 11, 2011
Neronium said:
Evil Smurf said:
If you have a decent internet, and are connected into a good enough router, or possibly the modem itself.
If I were to try and download this, it'd take at least a whole day for me.
Oh it be all day for me too :(

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Evil Smurf said:
Dragonbums said:
Holy Christ.

50 megabytes?

oops. Looks like I got a typo to fix.

Another

Mar 19, 2008
Damn. If I say, wanted to buy ghosts on psn or xbox live for PS4 and Xbox One, would it be the same size? Cause its gonna make the 500 GB HD the systems come with run out really quick.

Those specs also seem awful high for the graphical quality on offer, I certainly don't see that sort of graphical power in the visuals, but I could be wrong.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Another said:
Damn. If I say, wanted to buy ghosts on psn or xbox live for PS4 and Xbox One, would it be the same size? Cause its gonna make the 500 GB HD the systems come with run out really quick.
At least you can change the HDD of the PS4 to whatever you want, even to an SSD. The Xbox One you can't do that and it's not supporting the external hard drives at launch either. Plus PS4 isn't making you install the game like Xbox One I believe, although that's up to the publisher.