Update - Get a Free Heroes of The Storm Hero

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Update - Get a Free Heroes of The Storm Hero

You'll be able to choose between six different 4,000 gold heroes to get for free.

Update: Blizzard has confirmed that this is indeed a limited time deal. It hasn't decided on when the promotion will end right now, but says it will give plenty of warning before it does.

Original Story:Love it or hate it, Blizzard's Heroes of The Storm [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/heroes%20of%20the%20storm?os=heroes+of+the+storm] utilizes the "game is free but heroes cost money/gold" system that League of Legends popularized. So, if you want to build up a roster of heroes, you'll have to either play the game quite a lot or lay down some dough. Sometimes Blizzard helps out a bit though, like with this upcoming promotion that will grant every single player a free 4,000 gold cost hero.

From September 13, when the game's upcoming StarCraft-themed mini-expansion launches [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168211-Heroes-of-The-Storm-Starcraft-Expansion], everyone who logs into the game will be given a choice between receiving Tyrande, Anub'arak, or Thrall for free. If you already own all three, they will be replaced with Nazeebo, Sonya, and Uther. If you're Mr. Moneybags over here and already own all six, then Blizzard will just straight up give you 4,000 gold. It's a pretty sweet deal all-in-all.

As of now, we don't know if this will be a timed event or a permanent thing for new players, as Blizzard did not specify an end date [http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20257011/]. We have reached out to a representative for clarification.

Blizzard [http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20257011/]

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I already own all those heroes. :(

I demand MOAR!

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Hawki said:

I demand MOAR!
For those who demand MOAR, we offer a hearty congratulations that you're able to get all that so easily. You don't need MOAR. You clearly are MOAR. And MOAR power to you.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Hmm... Blizzard really pushes HotS. First the free Gul'Dan with the release of the WoW movie and now this. Can't say I'm ungrateful, though. Thrall has been on my shopping list for a long time, so my choice is already made.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Steven Bogos said:
Hawki said:

I demand MOAR!
Did you read the whole article?
Yes, that's my point. 4000 gold? I want moar!

(And yes, this is me being hyperbolic and parodying those who demand that they're 'owed' such things.)

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
Not much of a promotion for me. Not because I have those characters already but because it bugged out when I logged in and wouldn't let me claim any of them and the promotion disappeared when I re-started it without letting me pick any heroes.

Guess I'll not be trying to get back into the game after all.

Benpasko

Jul 3, 2011
Battenberg said:
Not much of a promotion for me. Not because I have those characters already but because it bugged out when I logged in and wouldn't let me claim any of them and the promotion disappeared when I re-started it without letting me pick any heroes.

The promotion hasn't started yet, I don't know what even happened for you. Re-read, it says September 13th.

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
Benpasko said:
Battenberg said:

The promotion hasn't started yet, I don't know what even happened for you. Re-read, it says September 13th.
Yeah I realised that afterwards. It definitely tried to give me some kind of pop up before crashing and forcing me to restart, must have been something else though.