UPDATE: Kojima's Next Game: "5" or "S"?

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
Keane Ng said:
5 is too obvious, now that I think about it.

You think HIDEO would really be that heavy-handed? The S/5 is probably going to break apart over the next few days and then rearrange itself into the shape of a duck, which Kojima will then ride.
Metal Gear Duck Rider. Ya, I'd play that.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
scotth266 said:
Jumplion said:
Fair enough, though you still havn't answered me as to why specifically MGS4? I can understand a new MGS game, but why oh why do we keep humping the "MGS4 on 360!" tree over and over again? Have some variety people!
Err...what? I said that's not the only game I'd like to see transfer systems... I believe I mentioned the older FF and MGS games were ones I'd like to see?

If you want some others, hell, I'd be glad to see some Warhawk. Tell me that game isn't within the 360's hardware limitations. I dare you :D
Killzone 2? LittleBigPlanet on account of Media Molecule saying that because the 360 doesn't have a mandatory harddrive that it would be impossible to put it in there. MGS4 only on the condition that nothing is removed and the visuals stay the same as people generally tell Konami to take out stuff and therefore make the game itself inferior automatically. Heavy Rain seems extremely pumping the hardware when you take into account that the script is over 2000 pages long (20 movies) and mo-cap work totaled 2 years I think.

And let's not forget that Warhawk is made by a Sony owned company, so it is impossible for that game to be put on the 360's hardware as it was optimized for the PS3. That and InFamous, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, ICO games, and so on.

Hey, you asked, not my fault! :p

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Jumplion said:
Hey, you asked, not my fault! :p
I doubt that SOME sort of adaptations to most of those couldn't be made. And as far as LBP goes, games continue to feature save functions on the 360 with large saves (like Oblivion)... and Warhawk could totally be adapted, it doesn't strike me as being particularly strenous on the PS3's hardware.

Of course, I'm not saying that you're entirely wrong. I doubt that some games could make the transition (KZ2 and MGS4 especially, with their monster graphics), it's just that I think that it's not as many titles as Sony fanboys claim. They seem to think that all of their titles are unadaptable, a thought that makes me laugh quite hard (especially considering the FFXIII bit).

Yeah, I don't think that MGS4 will have a 360 announcement (it's one of the few games I'm fairly certain can't be adapted)... I just like to hope a little, being a optimist and all.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
Well an extended version of 4 is what I'm waiting for. And more Raiden action. It would be pretty cool to find out what he was up to, finding that body and Sunny and whatnot, though I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

Crowser

Feb 13, 2009
Its a 5, if you look at the coding for that website the words Metal Gear, MGS and Next Metal Gear can be found.

Nico4

Dec 24, 2008
bad rider said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Nico4 said:
either MGS5 or Project S (Snatcher). I can't see how Xbox fans can make it seem like it'll be on the Xbox though
You underestimate them.
We have a lab set up for this kind of thing :p
Lol, great :p Let the testing begins. But seriosuly, MGS4 has been confirmed to be PS3 exclusive serveal times now, that every MGS4 Xbox 360 rumour sounds desperate unless it's being announced officially. MGS5 on Xbox 360 though, now that's something I'm believing may happen.

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
Nico4 said:
bad rider said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Nico4 said:
either MGS5 or Project S (Snatcher). I can't see how Xbox fans can make it seem like it'll be on the Xbox though
You underestimate them.
We have a lab set up for this kind of thing :p
Lol, great :p Let the testing begins. But seriosuly, MGS4 has been confirmed to be PS3 exclusive serveal times now, that every MGS4 Xbox 360 rumour sounds desperate unless it's being announced officially. MGS5 on Xbox 360 though, now that's something I'm believing may happen.
Yeah but get this. The s/5 consists of 5 lines. Rearange the lines you get an H. The we use the 5 as the number of letters/numbers in the title. So i begins with H and has 5 characters, we have halo 123 and odst (halo4) sooo he's working on halo 5. We are running tests but thats our current theory. We even checked it using youngs modulus.... Somehow.

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Johnn Johnston said:
Keane Ng said:
5 is too obvious, now that I think about it.

You think HIDEO would really be that heavy-handed? The S/5 is probably going to break apart over the next few days and then rearrange itself into the shape of a duck, which Kojima will then ride.
I personally would have leant towards a turtle, or some species of lemur, but a duck seams feasible too.
Oh, Hideo. What wacky hi-jinks will you get up to next...

Ilosia

The faceless
Mar 10, 2009
Sparrow Tag said:
thisnameistaken2 said:
Sparrow Tag said:
Wait wait wait.

Wasn't the last MGS, MGS 4? Wouldn't it make sense that this was MGS 5?
This is Hideo Kojima were talking about
(Did not take this into consideration when he posted)
Hideo Kojima also wants to leave the series behind, he only keeps doing them because of fan demand, not really that smart an idea to work on something you're not keen on if you ask me.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Xvito said:
I think it's an all new franchise... Metal Gear Salmon.
Fucking BRILLIANT! How did I not think of this, seriously?

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Kojima announced it to be honest...

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
Jumplion said:
Xvito said:

Woah... Jumplion gave me a positive comment...

*Goes to pray to his salmon god*

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Xvito said:
Jumplion said:
Xvito said:

Pffft, when did I ever give you a negative one?

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
Jumplion said:
Xvito said:
Jumplion said:
Xvito said:

Pffft, when did I ever give you a negative one?
You've never given me any comments.