Update: Major League Pitcher Dresses as a Sailor, Pimps MLB 2K11 On Lopez Tonight

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Update: Major League Pitcher Dresses as a Sailor, Pimps MLB 2K11 On Lopez Tonight

Most pitchers in baseball are little nuts, but Brian Wilson from the San Francisco Giants may be certifiable.

As a baseball fan, I've always loved hearing stories of pranks and jokesters in the clubhouse. Bert Blyleven, recently inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame, was known for with an S&M gimp which he calls "The Machine" walking through the frame [http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5267513]. Yesterday, on Lopez Tonight, Brian Wilson appeared as a skipper boat captain, even going so far as to whiten up his huge black beard. The whole segment is about 7 minutes, but finally at the end of the crazy ride, we are introduced to the first of a series of shorts he made to promote the latest baseball game from 2K sports, MLB 2K11.

I'm not a huge fan, but I have to give kudos to Lopez for not laughing throughout the entire exchange. The conversation veers from Chuck Norris ("Chuck Norris has been known to throw 100 mph fastballs; I've been known to throw Chuck Norris 100 mph.") to nautical adventures ("I wanted to closely relate to a seaman.") to Asian massage parlors ("Not those kind of massages, they were strictly sexual.")

I think Lopez said it best about halfway through the interview. "You're a crazy ************," Lopez remarked with a small shake of his head. I'm inclined to agree.

Once Wilson got around to showing the video that he was ostensibly on the show to promote, it was a bit of a let down compared to the antics of the interview. Wilson, in his "normal" mohawk and beard, starts shit-talking with his videogame counterpart. "Oh, you think your beard is sweeter than mine? Not even the most perfect honey is sweeter than this beard."

Wilson then makes sure to promote MLB 2K11's Perfect Game contest [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106755-Pitch-a-Perfect-Game-Win-a-Million-Bucks-With-MLB-2K11] before Lopez calls him out on his Finding Nemo socks. Yeah, Wilson is definitely crazy, but if I had to pick someone to come in to oppose hitters in the last innings of a game, you want someone who's a little unpredictable.

Update: 2K Sports has made Brian Wilson's full promo short for MLB 2K11 available on the youtubes and it definitely makes more sense and is maybe even a little funnier then I first thought. Take a look.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Now there's a title you got to read twice. Sheesh, America, all England's sports starts do is cheat on their wives. Yours are all kinds of crazy.

Sep 14, 2009
sh...dont give lopez props, you are going to anger some very vocal trolls!

OT: that was pretty good, If the show is anything like that I might have to start watching that more often.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Thats awesome. Wilson is the MAN with that. but yeah, its too bad actual baseball cant be like that. *sigh* missed opportunities I suppose.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Damn... thats one crraaaazzzzy muthafucka... I think Im going to start watching baseball again...

Somethingfake

Oct 22, 2008
Sparrow said:
Now there's a title you got to read twice. Sheesh, America, all England's sports starts do is cheat on their wives. Yours are all kinds of crazy.
Or beat their wives...or girlfriends...or random people in clubs...or get accused of rape...or speeding...or drink driving...or drug taking. That's a small list too.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
That's funny, but there's still no chance in hell I'll ever give 2K Sports my money again after suffering through the game breaking glitchfests of 08 and 09

AK47Marine

Aug 29, 2009
Sparrow said:
You brits still owe us for foisting that Beckham character off on us, ugh his wife alone >.<

OT: This man is madness personified with a beard, a bearded Yog Sothoth or Cthulu here to taunt our small minded and deluded sanity

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
This man is hilarious. I did a bit of digging, and he once claimed that he was a certified ninja, a skill he learned in a dream.

This man is my sporting hero.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
AK47Marine said:
Sparrow said:
You brits still owe us for foisting that Beckham character off on us, ugh his wife alone >.<
I think we should apologise for Piers Morgan, first.