UPDATE: Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer is incredible. (Added my refletions and a quick guide)

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
tendaji said:
Apparently there is also going to be a respec ability that costs credits or something, I'm pretty sure you can find it on that forum as well.
I was sure there would be, but I still appreciate getting the clean slate right off the bat without having to waste credits.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
Setrus said:
Eh, the SMG is a weaker form of an assault rifle, as in low damage per shot, but high volume of fire, excellent for breaking through shields. That said, the assault rifle can do more serious damage on its own while the smg is lighter, meaning your abilities recover faster, it's all about whether you prefer killing via weapons or abilities.
I think you're right. I just don't like the Hornet or the Shuriken, which are my only choices for SMG at the moment. Oh well.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I am getting a bit burned out on the demo, though considering it is a demo and represents roughly 30-40% of the actual MP content I am not worried. I am sure playing Gold matches will keep me interested for a awhile.

Beat my first one last night! Stasis OP!

AD-Stu

Oct 13, 2011
latenightapplepie said:
Setrus said:
Eh, the SMG is a weaker form of an assault rifle, as in low damage per shot, but high volume of fire, excellent for breaking through shields. That said, the assault rifle can do more serious damage on its own while the smg is lighter, meaning your abilities recover faster, it's all about whether you prefer killing via weapons or abilities.
I think you're right. I just don't like the Hornet or the Shuriken, which are my only choices for SMG at the moment. Oh well.
I've only got access to the two basic ones and I'm finding them pretty sucky as well. But then I thought that about them in the single player campaign for ME2 as well, and thought the Locust was a hell of a lot better. Hopefully I'll unlock that one day to give it a try but until then I've been doing much the same thing, just ditching SMGs for assault rifles.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
anthony87 said:
hermes200 said:
I thought it was good. Nothing spectacular but good.

I liked that you level up by class, which makes having different characters less of a chore.
But I didn't like that all classes start as humans, and you have to use credits to unlock other races... my plans to have a Turian soldier will have to wait some hours.
I unlocked a Krogan soldier at level 3 as soon as I logged on for the first time and claimed my free pack.

I assumed everyone got that or something equivalent. Or did you get the Krogan and you'd just rather have a Turian?
The free pack is randomized. I got the Vanguard Drell, which was nice but useless since I don't play vanguard...

AD-Stu

Oct 13, 2011
Finally unlocked an alien after close to 50 missions and I don't know how many veteran packs - salarian infiltrator wouldn't have been my first choice, but I'll take it all the same :)

Keith Reedy

Jan 10, 2011
I really enjoy the demos multiplayer its not astounding but I do love it. The way the classes and weapons function, and how the weight system modifies the power recharge. It all combines to a nice enjoyable package. Did it need multilayer no but since ea thinks every game has to have multiplayer I'm glad it turned out well.

I don't see whats up with this Zeel guy I understand that he is displeased with the direction the games are being taken and that's fine. My problem is with his manners people would be much less likely to listen a bit and not label him as a troll if he was a bit nicer.