UPDATE: Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer is incredible. (Added my refletions and a quick guide)

Oro44

Jan 28, 2009
Zeel said:
erttheking said:
Yeah, the "logic" that people constantly came up with good arguments for but you constantly dismissed them, and practically everyone on this site, even people who don't like ME3, think that you're a few crayons short of a box, that's not the kind of "logic" that I smile on.

As for your other question, I am an ME fan that frequents this website a lot, are you really surprised that you keep bumping into me? If I really had it in for you, I would reply to every post that you ever made, I did not.
You're so full of it. Either that or you are on some wicked shrooms. "good arguments"? Where, amigos? I saw one, maybe two posts I'd consider good arguments and thats only because they didn't spaz out like some sort of Bioware Zealot.

The rest of the arguments were poor. I was debunking them, not dismissing them. DEBUNKING. there's a difference. When they present 3 points and I present 3 counter points and then all they do is reaffirm their points. Ding dong! It's not fucking debate.

ALl you seem to do when you reply to me is "Wah, everyone hates you, waaaaaaaah". Like, what about my current attitude makes you think I care? I don't. You guys can go to your little internet corner and fanboy-that-shit-up for all I care. When it comes to making topics about how GREAT ME3 is. Then prepare to hear my side. That's just how it is.
I have to ask. You've been ranting against Bioware for some time now. I get your dissenting opinion, but why get so worked up and angry and offensive about it? If you ask me, Bioware has made good games, they've made meh games, just like every other developer.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
Haven't played it yet, but it looked to me like it was in the "fairly-average-but-made-awesome-because-it's-mass-effect" category. I'm really encouraged by the fact that you guys all seem to have really liked it.

From a narrative perspective, I think Multi-player's a great idea. It helps build to the sense that this is a desperate, galaxy wide struggle, not something that super-Shepard can swoop in and fix. That whole "One man against the Galaxy" thing holds up for me when it's just Shepard trying to stop the Reapers from arriving, but beating them in a war? Eh..

crono738

Sep 4, 2008
Finally got a chance to play a few rounds last night. I too was a bit concerned about it originally, but from the five or six games I played, I can say that I'll probably be spending a good bit of time on it. It's kind of nice to see a class-based setup where the classes are more than just what weapons they have.

Oh joy...Zeel's back and trolling every ME3 thread again...

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
I have one question.
Did anyone of you notice a difference when you get an upgraded weapon (One with a higher number) through a pack?
I played some time and got the avenger from II to V, in one series of pack - buying, and i didn't saw any difference in the stats.
Also i sometimes have the bug that i get ammo but no grenades when i get to one of the ammoboxes.

Berenzen

Jul 9, 2011
Amaror said:
I have one question.
Did anyone of you notice a difference when you get an upgraded weapon (One with a higher number) through a pack?
I played some time and got the avenger from II to V, in one series of pack - buying, and i didn't saw any difference in the stats.
Also i sometimes have the bug that i get ammo but no grenades when i get to one of the ammoboxes.
I did see a difference- maybe not from 1-2 or 4-5, but from 1-6 I saw a definite improvement in ammo capacity, damage, accuracy. Not to mention that the upgrades scale as well, being percentage based and all.

Arkley

Mar 12, 2009
I have to admit, I was hoping for a little more than just a co-op "defend against the waves" mode. I'd have preferred something more along the lines of the upcoming Syndicate reboot's multiplayer.

That being said, I played the ME3 demo MP section and I had an absolute blast with it. It's a shame it isn't more than it is, but what it is is very good. I definitely look forward to playing the full version.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
I quite enjoyed it from what little I've played. The problem is the connection, I can only join my friends, quick match doesn't work.

Dec 14, 2009
I wasn't expecting a lot.

I've spent most of the day playing it.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted at how much it proved me wrong. Not a fan of what they've done to Tech Armour though.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:

I'm absolutely flabbergasted at how much it proved me wrong. Not a fan of what they've done to Tech Armour though.
What did they do?

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
anthony87 said:
Daystar Clarion said:

What did they do?
It now smells faintly of cheese. French cheese. The worst cheese.

No, I haven't used it yet, but I think instead of acting as an extra shield layer, it just strengthens your existing shields.

RagTagBand

Jul 7, 2011
Just played it after reading this thread, gotta say i'm pretty impressed too. The Preview I saw made it look pretty dull, but playing it has proved me wrong. I don't think it has much staying power, not without considerably more content for it (hopefully to be found in full version), but it is certainly not the travesty that people thought it would be.

7/10 for the demo.

Dec 14, 2009
anthony87 said:
Daystar Clarion said:

What did they do?
It offers damage resistance, like in ME2, but it slows down your ability recharge by quite a bit.

When you activate it, your abilities have to recharge like normal, but it doesn't explode when your shield goes down, you have to do it manually by pressing the Tech Armour button again, but when it explodes, you have to wait for your abilities to cool down again.

Basically, you can't use it when you're in a pinch to get your shield back, like you could in ME2.

Richard Keohane

Dec 11, 2010
Link XL1 said:
Richard Keohane said:
Link XL1 said:
really? you guys all love it? cause i just cant help but feel its tacked on. like its jumping on gears of war 2's horde mode bandwagon. it is kinda interesting to be able to play as the other races, but they're not really any different
You mean how Gears of War jumped on Unreal Tournament 2004's Invasion mode bandwagon?
[...]both gears and unreal are made by Epic
That... is a very good point. *tips hat*

rangerman351

Dec 27, 2010
To ,e, its a good mix of CoD zombies and horde, plus the horde-ish modes of Halo, with semi-random spawns and objectives to keep players moving. My only gripe is that besides an ammo cache, maybe a health station instead of just waiting for the next wave.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Not a fan of what they've done to Tech Armour though.
It offers damage resistance, like in ME2, but it slows down your ability recharge by quite a bit.

When you activate it, your abilities have to recharge like normal, but it doesn't explode when your shield goes down, you have to do it manually by pressing the Tech Armour button again, but when it explodes, you have to wait for your abilities to cool down again.

Basically, you can't use it when you're in a pinch to get your shield back, like you could in ME2.
I was just thinking that. Sentinel is my favourite class and this makes it a pain in the ass to use efficiently. I loved the up close and personal playstyle I had with my shottie sentinel in ME2. Humph.

Dec 14, 2009
Thespian said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Not a fan of what they've done to Tech Armour though.

I was just thinking that. Sentinel is my favourite class and this makes it a pain in the ass to use efficiently. I loved the up close and personal playstyle I had with my shottie sentinel in ME2. Humph.
It basically means you have to think more carefully about how you use it.

In ME2, I would get into CQC with a shotgun, then when my shield exploded, it left me with enough time to either finish off whatever enemies are left, or to back off in to cover, or re-use the tech armour stay in the action.

I suppose they changed it for balance purposes, but I'd rather they kept the original functionality, but lowered the amount of damage reduction it gave.

With the way it is now, you're in trouble if you've uses an ability and then end up in a bind, because you have to wait for the cooldown in order to detonate it.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
It basically means you have to think more carefully about how you use it.

In ME2, I would get into CQC with a shotgun, then when my shield exploded, it left me with enough time to either finish off whatever enemies are left, or to back off in to cover, or re-use the tech armour stay in the action.

I suppose they changed it for balance purposes, but I'd rather they kept the original functionality, but lowered the amount of damage reduction it gave.

With the way it is now, you're in trouble if you've uses an ability and then end up in a bind, because you have to wait for the cooldown in order to detonate it.
See, my problem with it is that when I'm in a pinch and I need to use a power because my shields are low, I will use throw or warp, since they have much better cool-down and are just as helpful. So I've found myself never using the Tech Armour's ability. Which makes it about as useful as Geth Shield Boost, or Fortification, which is kind of a sucky class-specific power.