UPDATE: Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer is incredible. (Added my refletions and a quick guide)

JimmyC99

Jul 7, 2010
I've played it and thoroughly enjoyed it, easily the best MP mode ive ever played, i was skeptical, but having played the demo, i can say Bioware, you gone done good there, ME3 might even beat ME1 in terms of brilliance

JamesStone

If it ain't broken, get to work
Jun 9, 2010
Zeel said:
erttheking said:
Yeah, the "logic" that people constantly came up with good arguments for but you constantly dismissed them, and practically everyone on this site, even people who don't like ME3, think that you're a few crayons short of a box, that's not the kind of "logic" that I smile on.

As for your other question, I am an ME fan that frequents this website a lot, are you really surprised that you keep bumping into me? If I really had it in for you, I would reply to every post that you ever made, I did not.
You're so full of it. Either that or you are on some wicked shrooms. "good arguments"? Where, amigos? I saw one, maybe two posts I'd consider good arguments and thats only because they didn't spaz out like some sort of Bioware Zealot.

The rest of the arguments were poor. I was debunking them, not dismissing them. DEBUNKING. there's a difference. When they present 3 points and I present 3 counter points and then all they do is reaffirm their points. Ding dong! It's not fucking debate.

ALl you seem to do when you reply to me is "Wah, everyone hates you, waaaaaaaah". Like, what about my current attitude makes you think I care? I don't. You guys can go to your little internet corner and fanboy-that-shit-up for all I care. When it comes to making topics about how GREAT ME3 is. Then prepare to hear my side. That's just how it is.
People aren't full of your shit because you have an opinion, people are tired and fucking sick of you because you present them with such arrogance that would make SMUDBOY proud (look it up Youtube). And the incredible thing is that you critizise without any knowledge of the theme. So unless you can predict the future, fuck off, wait to play Mass Effect 3 and then tell us what you think of it. For now, just stop acting like you're full of it (you aren't).

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Loop Stricken said:
anthony87 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I wasn't expecting a lot.

I've spent most of the day playing it.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted at how much it proved me wrong. Not a fan of what they've done to Tech Armour though.
What did they do?
It now smells faintly of cheese. French cheese. The worst cheese.

No, I haven't used it yet, but I think instead of acting as an extra shield layer, it just strengthens your existing shields.
Yep, but the cool thing is the tech armor explotion is really effin useful nowabout to get melee? blow it up, shields start recharging to full.

running low on shields?

activate it, shields start recharging to full.

I love it, its saved my ass more than once.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Eh, it was decent. I didn't find it any more fun than Gears' Horde Mode, which it reminded me a lot of.

It wasn't bad, but I'm not that big on multiplayer in general, so I can't see myself playing it much, maybe with friends.

On an added note: I love the infiltrator class in multiplayer. Being able to cloak away from battle saved my ass a lot. Maybe I should try an infiltrator run in singleplayer.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Zeel said:
You realize this topic is just: "I like it, you should too" right? Whats wrong with me posting "I don't like it, you shouldn't either".
Leaveing aside if that is the case or not...
Do you really not understand the difference between wanting people to enjoy something and wanting them to stop having fun?

You guys are hypocrites.
These insults do you no favors.

Xathos said:
-Enemy Turrets. Jesus are those things powerful. And maybe its just me, but I think they blend a bit too much in the background, lol.
I hate Charging at a target only to realise that it isn't an oddly textured bit of wall next to him.
Now I'm downed and nobody can get to me because there is a turret on top of me. Maybe I'm just too rash in charging though.

Coreless

Aug 19, 2011
Thespian said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Not a fan of what they've done to Tech Armour though.
It offers damage resistance, like in ME2, but it slows down your ability recharge by quite a bit.

When you activate it, your abilities have to recharge like normal, but it doesn't explode when your shield goes down, you have to do it manually by pressing the Tech Armour button again, but when it explodes, you have to wait for your abilities to cool down again.

Basically, you can't use it when you're in a pinch to get your shield back, like you could in ME2.
I was just thinking that. Sentinel is my favourite class and this makes it a pain in the ass to use efficiently. I loved the up close and personal playstyle I had with my shottie sentinel in ME2. Humph.
You can still play that way, just put your talent points into tech mastery/fitness go all melee damage. You can charge melee kill every opponent out there in one shot except the advanced phantom. Just put up tech armor, equip your shotgun and run in guns blazing and melee the survivors...trust me...you can completely devastate squads. I hardly ever use the other abilities besides overload because you can cleave through whole squads with just charged melee attacks and a shotgun (I recommend the Scimitar Shotgun for fast shots and good damage).

Dec 14, 2009
Okay, whoever decided to map reviving/interacting/taking cover all to one button was a freakin' moron.

I take cover when I want to revive, revive when I want to take cover.

It's ridiculous.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
It's pretty fun, but feels shallow. I did get into a lobby with 2 other cool guys and a random and we were playing Silver matches for 3 hours. Now that was amazing. We went down to Bronze for 1 match and had fun abusing the enemies while we could.

If you're playing with randoms who don't talk, then it's not nearly as fun.
Daystar Clarion said:
Okay, whoever decided to map reviving/interacting/taking cover all to one button was a freakin' moron.

I take cover when I want to revive, revive when I want to take cover.

It's ridiculous.
This, so much. I don't know what other button they could use though. Everything else is related to combat. The context detection should be better. If I hold it, that means I want to revive. A tap means anything else.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
I was personally pretty skeptic when I heard about it a few months ago, but its seems like a pretty fun mode. Hopefully the real version pulls it all together in a nice package.

johnnnny guitar

Jul 16, 2010
ok well its nothing groundbreaking but its 10 times better then I was expecting now the single player demo on the other hand not as good as I hoped

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
YOU CAN BE A KROGAN?!? LOLOLOLOL THATS THE BEST THING IVE EVER HEARD IN A GAME EVER

Seriously people? Why does everyone think Krogan's are the strongest, most bad ass, smashiest things in all of fiction? Did we forget what a goddam orc is? Like....ugh.

Amazing? Meh. Its a horde mode with a leveling system to draw out gameplay hours. Made well? I mean, I guess, but its nothing that hasn't been done before.

Mass Effect 3 is not the messiah of the video game world.
(please don't freak out over this comment, its an alright series, but the hype is a little overboard)

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
since its been so well received i may just have to give it a shot. note about zeel the guy doesn't know when to quit and doesn't care either

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Don Savik said:
YOU CAN BE A KROGAN?!? LOLOLOLOL THATS THE BEST THING IVE EVER HEARD IN A GAME EVER

Seriously people? Why does everyone think Krogan's are the strongest, most bad ass, smashiest things in all of fiction? Did we forget what a goddam orc is? Like....ugh.
And whilst we're at it, why don't we throw a proper SPESS MEHREN at the Reapers? Job done, we can all go home.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
Loop Stricken said:
Don Savik said:

And whilst we're at it, why don't we throw a proper SPESS MEHREN at the Reapers? Job done, we can all go home.
Hell, did you see the amount of collectors they fought at the end of ME2? ONE spess mehren coulud take out all of that, and at the beginning of the game too, because he doesn't need to sleep with a chicken-legged alien with no immune system.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Don Savik said:
Loop Stricken said:
Don Savik said:

Hell, did you see the amount of collectors they fought at the end of ME2? ONE spess mehren coulud take out all of that, and at the beginning of the game too, because he doesn't need to sleep with a chicken-legged alien with no immune system.
They're also, more to the point, extremely overpowered. Which was my point.

How can anyone get excited about playing as a Krogan, because there are bigger and better things?
Because nobody was expecting to play as a goddamn [HEADING=2]SPESS MEHREN[/HEADING] in Mass Effect, and apart from Yahg, Krogans are the closest thing.

And Tali is a fine piece of xenos ass.