UPDATE: Microsoft Disallows Public Lesbians on Xbox Live

Arassar

Nov 25, 2008
It sucks that it happens, but since I doubt Microsoft gives them a polygraph test to check if their moderators are bigots I don't think it'll change any time soon. We are paying them to use their service, but we don't own it, so they can ban people for any bullshit reasons they want to cook up. If we don't like it we can try to berate them into getting a refund for services illegally withheld, but I doubt the trouble would be worth it for that little money. Things like this don't change until people actually care enough to pay attention.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
Doug said:
Lord_Ascendant said:
Oh dear, I will have to dispatch a reprimand on Microsoft's file. One more and I'll have to have the entire command structure wiped. This is what I get for being the overarching evil mastermind....have to control the littler evil masterminds
May I have a puppy? I skipped lunch.
No. NO PUPPY FOR YOU!!

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
yzzlthtz said:
seydaman said:
C Lion said:
Wouldukindly said:
This is mildly upsetting...but I have to ask...why can't we just keep our sexual orientation to ourselves in online games?
They do. It was on their profile(or in mister Gaywood's case, in his surname) and people decided to hound them for it.
scotth266 said:
On the flip side, I don't think you should post stuff like that on your profile, cause kids could see it.
And? It's not like they're describing sexual acts.
how is saying your a lesbian hurting kids??? my sister is a lesbian, if that matters
I think most parents' fear is that their children will wind up being homosexual if they are exposed to it. Ironically, I'm pretty sure that feeling comfortable and free to express and explore your sexuality (taking leads from people who do) prevents repressed thoughts and feelings which lead to not only much stranger sexual tendencies than basic homosexuality, but anxiety, depression, and sexual violence.
i can't remember, but isn't there a gene for sexuality?

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Sonys' home has alot of words blocked out, and it's pretty difficult to handle some times. But they have a handle on who gets banned for what. THIS is absurb! I'm a lesbian myself, and getting banned for sexual orientation is a discriminitory offence! People who have been wronged in this fasion should get together and take action.

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
In my experience, if you have to tell people you're a lesbian, you probably aren't. And the story is always more than it seems. Just in her profile? I highly doubt it - she's probably been announcing it to people via chat or something. People aren't just banned for games for being lesbians - she's probably said or done something to actually justify being banned, like being sexually explicit.

DrHoboPHD

Feb 9, 2009
A Gaywood is both the most awesome and the most horrifying surname one could have.

B I play with two openly gay men, both of which mention it in their profile. Playing with them is just utterly hilarious, the jokes they make and the things they say is just so disarming I can't imagine they receive too much gay bashing on live. Neither has been suspended for mentioning their sexual orientation in their profile and I've never heard either of them complain about hate mail.

C In discussions about this in other forums I've posted exactly what I think of biggotry, homosexuals, and homophobia. I won't post it all here (mainly because according to all my friends it takes too long to get em off my soap box) but I will say this.

Hate mail and gay bashing will occur as long as there are stupid people and young teenagers alive, on xbox live there is plenty of both. But that is absolutely no excuse for Microsoft to humor these idiots, anybody with half a brain would be able to look at the "offensive material" see that all it is is a harmless statement of one's sexual orientation, and know that the complaints are just coming from teenagers abusing the complain function. suspending this woman over it is just shameful.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
One guy's name is Richard Gaywood...a.k.a Dick Gaywood? that's just a bad name to have.

Down with the non-gay policy!
if gay/lesbian is offensive, then so is heterosexual.

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Ah, yes. Big business's one weakness: Homosexuality. Well, that and Communism. Apparently they are dedicated to fighting the former as vigorously as the latter. For shame, Microsoft, for shame.

Ginja Ninja

Nov 16, 2008
I would report it if it was stated on a profile just to be awkward. That is who I am and there is nothing you can do about that. I am not homophobic, I would assume that she is trying to get attention and report her.

It's like saying "hey guyz im an emo dat cutz demselfs and things" This could be perfectly true but I could report it, and would do so, by stating that I know someone who commited suicide by cutting there wrists, and I find this offensive.

I am not a biggot or homophobic. By stating that anyone is, is biggotry anyway (mostly) so that fucks up. I just think you are being a retard, and I believe strongly in natural selection (if you understand why I said that you deserve a cookie, and if you disagree I revoke the cookie).

ChocoFace said:
One guy's name is Richard Gaywood...a.k.a Dick Gaywood? that's just a bad name to have.

Down with the non-gay policy!
if gay/lesbian is offensive, then so is heterosexual.
Yes it is... you miss the entire point

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
thegrandtaco said:
its about time
For what exactly?

seydaman said:
yzzlthtz said:
seydaman said:
C Lion said:
Wouldukindly said:
This is mildly upsetting...but I have to ask...why can't we just keep our sexual orientation to ourselves in online games?
They do. It was on their profile(or in mister Gaywood's case, in his surname) and people decided to hound them for it.
scotth266 said:
On the flip side, I don't think you should post stuff like that on your profile, cause kids could see it.
And? It's not like they're describing sexual acts.
how is saying your a lesbian hurting kids??? my sister is a lesbian, if that matters
I think most parents' fear is that their children will wind up being homosexual if they are exposed to it. Ironically, I'm pretty sure that feeling comfortable and free to express and explore your sexuality (taking leads from people who do) prevents repressed thoughts and feelings which lead to not only much stranger sexual tendencies than basic homosexuality, but anxiety, depression, and sexual violence.
i can't remember, but isn't there a gene for sexuality?
No....that's not genetic at all.

Lord_Ascendant said:
Doug said:
Lord_Ascendant said:
Oh dear, I will have to dispatch a reprimand on Microsoft's file. One more and I'll have to have the entire command structure wiped. This is what I get for being the overarching evil mastermind....have to control the littler evil masterminds
May I have a puppy? I skipped lunch.
No. NO PUPPY FOR YOU!!
Sir, I would like to return my puppy... it won't stop breathing fire.

Fronken said:
"They followed me into the games and told all the other players to turn me in because they didn't want to see that crap or their kids to see that crap"

KIDS SHOULDN'T BE PLAYING THE GAMES IN THE FIRST PLACE!

God damnit, there are truely some retarded idiots out there...

Microsoft, wtf is your problem?, seriously?, What difference does one's sexual preference do in gaming!?
Ok, what? Kids shouldn't play videogames?
*Hits you in head*
That's a whole lot of players there, buddy. And nobody said that being gay had anything to do with gaming: it's just an arguement over what a person put up on a gamertag, and whether or not it violated the rules.

Kellerb

Jan 20, 2009
i do understand why they did it (you know what people are like) but that's still racism. lesbians can be themselves, and that's that :p

Ginja Ninja

Nov 16, 2008
Kellerb said:
i do understand why they did it (you know what people are like) but that's still racism. lesbians can be themselves, and that's that :p
You are a spoon. In that case I can blow up America, because it is not my fault people were there. ITS WHO I AM!!! Spork

DrHoboPHD said:
A Gaywood is both the most awesome and the most horrifying surname one could have.

B I play with two openly gay men, both of which mention it in their profile. Playing with them is just utterly hilarious, the jokes they make and the things they say is just so disarming I can't imagine they receive too much gay bashing on live. Neither has been suspended for mentioning their sexual orientation in their profile and I've never heard either of them complain about hate mail.

C In discussions about this in other forums I've posted exactly what I think of biggotry, homosexuals, and homophobia. I won't post it all here (mainly because according to all my friends it takes too long to get em off my soap box) but I will say this.

Hate mail and gay bashing will occur as long as there are stupid people and young teenagers alive, on xbox live there is plenty of both. But that is absolutely no excuse for Microsoft to humor these idiots, anybody with half a brain would be able to look at the "offensive material" see that all it is is a harmless statement of one's sexual orientation, and know that the complaints are just coming from teenagers abusing the complain function. suspending this woman over it is just shameful.
A. Agree

B. I know an open Bisexual he doesn't anounce it in his profile. Your freinds are using their sexuality as a offensive means, don't be a retard. I'd complain for anything which is (or could have been) attempted to be used for confrontational means ie. your friends profile. If it is in a game chat I wouldn't be so bothered.

C. You are a fucking Biggot yourself. Read what you just said and you may see why.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Kellerb said:
That's sexism, not racism.
WHOOPSIE!
Besides, you're supposed to have NO comments about anything sexually related, such as orientation.

Rajin Cajun

Sep 12, 2008
I support Microsoft. Stomp down the minorities before they try and steal the power. STOMP THEM DOWN I SAY!

ryai458

Oct 20, 2008
i understand where MS is coming from but they need 2 fix this maybe give her free live or somethin but this isnt that big of a deal the MS computer saw that this profile had X number of complaints and *wham* banhammer its automated do you have any idea how amny complaints come in a day?