[UPDATE] Ocean Marketing's Former Client Disowns Shady PR Firm

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
6,107
0
0
[UPDATE] Ocean Marketing's Former Client Disowns Shady PR Firm

Now that it's fired the man who nearly destroyed its reputation, the company behind The Avenger controller accessory is taking a lot of good steps to clean up the mess.

Permalink
 

Tzekelkan

New member
Dec 27, 2009
498
0
0
Unfortunately Paul still seems to take this a bit lightly. In that interview he did, he said he was impressed with Mike Krahulik's "contacts". Mike tweeted that the guy must be a bit insane, and I agree.

He really doesn't get it, does he? And apparently, if what Paul says is true, the other companies he's representing are just "laughing it off" and he hasn't lost any other accounts. I bet if he actually named a few of them they'd laugh less and run more. In any direction. Away from Paul Christoforo. You know, after the Internet was done teaching why it's wise to do so.

Guess there's no bus nor fire big enough to squash this man.
 

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
856
0
0
Funnily enough, I'd never heard of the Avenger but did think it was a fascinating product after hearing about it from this mess. Hefty price tag, though.
 

robert022614

meeeoooow
Dec 1, 2009
369
0
0
I think I had way too much fun following this story hopping all over penny arcade, kotaku and here of course. This guy just barely made it into my crazy crap that happened in 2011 list.
 

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
8,365
0
0
I just want to know if I can start using Christoforo as a verb now (I guess for when your douchey behavior backfires). Or an adjective: a act of Christofororian ignorance.
 

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
6,107
0
0
DustyDrB said:
I just want to know if I can start using Christoforo as a verb now (I guess for when your douchey behavior backfires). Or an adjective: a act of Christofororian ignorance.
Um... yes. I have no problem with this whatsoever.
 

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
2,246
0
0
Atleast it looks like they'll be taking steps to make sure nothing like this ever happens to them again. I can't say this has affected my view of the product or the company. In this case its all on the idiot. A record breaking idiot even.
 

robert022614

meeeoooow
Dec 1, 2009
369
0
0
The funny thing is even after this all blows over. This guy will be the poster man-child of bad customer service and anyone after him will probably bring his name up.

To conclude his name will definitely be there and christofororian is great if not a little too correctly spelled for his sake.
 

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
6,107
0
0
robert022614 said:
The funny thing is even after this all blows over. This guy will be the poster man-child of bad customer service and anyone after him will probably bring his name up.

To conclude his name will definitely be there and christofororian is great if not a little too correctly spelled for his sake.
Remember, Remember the 17th of December
Chistoforo, Avenger and Dropped
 

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
6,107
0
0
To respond to that update, and all of this in general...


Are we sure he has a wife and child? Because I know women love them some bad guys and all, but there has to be a line somewhere between bad and "inbred-worthy inarticulate jackarse". THAT can't possibly be up any girls alley, can it?

The only thing I can think of that might constitute "abuse" would be his own hand, at which case I wonder "How does someone make their own hand hate them so that it calls the police on its own accord?"
 

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
6,107
0
0
cursedseishi said:
To respond to that update, and all of this in general...


Are we sure he has a wife and child? Because I know women love them some bad guys and all, but there has to be a line somewhere between bad and "inbred-worthy inarticulate jackarse". THAT can't possibly be up any girls alley, can it?

The only thing I can think of that might constitute "abuse" would be his own hand, at which case I wonder "How does someone make their own hand hate them so that it calls the police on its own accord?"
Yup. I asked about that. Not sure if the woman is actually his wife, but she is his baby mama and the kid exists, too.
 
Dec 14, 2009
15,528
0
0
Judging by Christoforo's responses to all this, at least in the public eye, he really doesn't seem to realise just how deep the pile of shit he is in.

Seriously, this guy is going to lose all his money, possibly face jail time, and he's still acting like a massive douche.

'Like, yeah bro, totally showing those Penny Arcade guys who's number 1, like totally bro!'
 

Moosejaw

New member
Oct 11, 2010
127
0
0
This is not a guy who's acting like he's got a wife and son who are being harassed. If they do exist, I think that crap about using them for pity was exactly that and the harassment never actually occurred. He's acting like someone who's been jilted by his old employers by holding on to these accounts and nothing other than that.
 

GaltarDude1138

New member
Jan 19, 2011
307
0
0
Well, no Merry Christmas for Christoforo!

I sincerely liked the "there is no bus big enough to throw him under" quote by the new guy...
 

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
5,266
0
0
He has a kid...so this means a woman slept with him, willing (he's not in jail), at least ONCE.
 
Dec 14, 2009
15,528
0
0
Tanis said:
He has a kid...so this means a woman slept with him, willing (he's not in jail), at least ONCE.
Hey, we can't all have superb standards now, can we.

Morons need love too, you know :D
 

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
24,760
0
0
Tanis said:
He has a kid...so this means a woman slept with him, willing (he's not in jail), at least ONCE.
That just means he was never convicted. >.>

Good on the makers of the Avenger for taking these steps. This is hard to overcome, because this guy was SUCH a jerk, but it's steps in the right direction.
 

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
5,499
0
0
vansau said:
[UPDATE] Ocean Marketing's Former Client Disowns Shady PR Firm

Now that it's fired the man who nearly destroyed its reputation, the company behind The Avenger controller accessory is taking a lot of good steps to clean up the mess.

Permalink
This man is digging himself a professional grave. And I mean he will never recover, never work in PR anywhere again... except perhaps in politics. But honestly, this folks is an example of how to be a douchebag, get blacklisted from your chosen profession and universally hated AND prove there IS such a thing as BAD PR.