Update: PlayStation Germany Lists Star Wars 1313 for 2013

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Update: PlayStation Germany Lists Star Wars 1313 for 2013

The official German PlayStation Facebook page has revealed some interesting information about Star Wars 1313.

After being unveiled in June 2012, Star Wars 1313 was met with giddy excitement from fans, and the potentially M-rated Star Wars game was received positively at E3 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/9709-E3-Preview-Star-Wars-1313]. With audio and visual quality "well beyond anything that LucasArts has ever offered," some theorized that Star Wars 1313 would be released on the next-gen successors to the PS3 and Xbox 360, which haven't been officially announced but are rumored to be released in late 2013. According to the PlayStation Germany Facebook page, however, Star Wars 1313 is coming this year--and it's coming to the PlayStation 3.

Technically, the Facebook page states "Star Wars 1313 erscheint 2013 für PlayStation 3," which Google translates into "Star Wars 1313 appears 2013 for PlayStation 3." The post appeared about four hours ago, and accompanied a photo gallery of nearly three dozen screenshots. Officially, Star Wars 1313 doesn't have a release date, or even a release window; it was in its early stages when it was shown off at E3 last year.

Sony has yet to comment on the post, but it's still up on what Google Translate calls the "official German PlayStation fan page." This is far from a confirmation of anything; it's entirely possible that this was a typo of some sort, or an announcement that went up earlier than planned. We'll let you know if Sony clarifies the post.

Update: In a response to Kotaku, a LucasArts rep stated that it was "an inaccurate post," and they have not confirmed any platforms or release date info for Star Wars 1313. The Facebook page also responded to say it wasn't confirming anything, and the post was pulled.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5976726/playstation-germany-lists-seemingly-next+gen-star-wars-1313-for-ps3]

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
This really sounds like wishful thinking by some fans. I expect we'll see it dismissed by Sony before the end of the day.

That said, if it does turn out to be a PS3 exclusive... actually, y'know I can't even bring myself to finish writing that sentence, it's so ludicrous.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
How about we take the Nintendo school of thought on generation naming to solve this problem first it says this:

PlayStation Germany Lists Star Wars 1313 as Current-Gen 2013 Release
But then

PlayStation Germany Lists Star Wars 1313 as Current-Gen Next-Gen 2013 Release

Seee, it's "Next gen" simply because we say it is. Worked well enough for the Wii and WiiU. Oh wait, not working so well for WiiU... oooooh, people aren't buying that. Ahh well, okay, erm...

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Going to stay hopeful. It would be a nice bit of good will from Disney if it does. I just hope it ends up being more Dark Forces than Force Unleashed.

GoddyofAus

Aug 3, 2010
This cannot be true unless the gameplay we've seen was running on PC. No way you could get that running on PS3 with that sort of framerate.

Jan 12, 2012
"Update: In a response to Kotaku, a LucasArts rep stated that it was "an inaccurate post," and they have not confirmed any platforms or release date info for Star Wars 1313. The Facebook page also responded to say it wasn't confirming anything, and the post was pulled."

Building us up then knocking us down again, Sarah. Don't play with my heart.

GaltarDude1138

Jan 19, 2011
blackrave said:
Ok, I simply must ask
Why 1313?
From my understanding, the game takes place on Coruscant, the city-world seen in the prequels. The 1313 part comes from the fact that the game is set on "Level 1313" of Coruscant, where daylight and clean oxygen are in short supply.

An infestation of scum and villany, rather than a hive, I would guess. It sounds like the proper setting for the bounty hunter story they're trying to tell.