Update: Pokemon X and Y Starters' Final Evolutions Revealed

Cruickshank

New member
Jul 3, 2013
32
0
0
Terminate421 said:
Cruickshank said:
Terminate421 said:
Guitarmasterx7 said:
Terminate421 said:
I'm going for Delphox.

But I'm getting a girl, I need moar bitches on my teams.
Everything about what you just said is strange to me.

Anyways, really not liking the fire starter. Im thinking maybe the frog.
Dont worry, not attracted to her in a strange way.

Female canines are bitches, litterally. And about 1/4 of my pokemon are female, I wouldn't mind more to clear that malefest. (Not gay)

Its a joke, you know?
umm i think ill point out your mistake there, foxes are not canines, they are vulpines. female foxes are vixens, not bitches. so yeah, your joke kinda seems a little bit off considering.
Cut me some slack on that then. Most people don't even know Female Canine's are bitches. Vixen didn't exactly come to mind either.
i think we have different definitions of 'most', because everything i mentioned is common knowledge and if it came to it, i would be happy to bet money that the majority of people know all this.

my capcha 'Wisdom Teeth'; i mention nothing but the tooth here.
 

Dominik Perroquet

New member
Oct 7, 2013
1
0
0
Thank you god, not another Fire/Fight Starter.
Since I wanted to pick the hedgehog and Mr. Squirtle I am somewhat satisfied with the outcame of the last evolution (DAT heavy Knight..)And since there will be the chicken for download...Well i am fine here.

I hoped that froggy would evolve into some sensei gigafrog like those in naruto though... Well...
 

Thespian

New member
Sep 11, 2010
1,407
0
0
I was a bit disappointed with Delphox's appearance guys but lets be real, I think if it was the way everyone wanted it to look it would be overshadowed by similar designs like arcanine or ninetails (especially ninetails). This sort of pyromancer wizard look is pretty cool.
Chesnaught seems like an attempt at recapturing a badass look like blastoise or charizard had since the other two final evo forms are sorely missing it, but it's not quite there yet.
Chesnaught and Delphox, by the by, have really strong digimon-style looks to them imo. Delphox especially really reminds me of Renamon and I'm sure it does other people too but I haven't seen many people saying that.

Alls I know is that I liked Froakie from the start yo.


Terminate421 said:
Cut me some slack on that then. Most people don't even know Female Canine's are bitches. Vixen didn't exactly come to mind either.
Literally everyone knows what ***** and vixen means in zoological terms bro, check yourself (though I do appreciate the fundamentals of the pun you made it just didn't work out in this instance because the subject wasn't dogs, it happens to us all so don't feel bad)
 

Someone Depressing

New member
Jan 16, 2011
2,417
0
0
I'd rather have the trivial joy of evolving the starters myself and seeing their new forms, seeing what they can do and their huge spike in stats.

But whatever, Escapist. It probably sucks anyway. Thanks for sparing me another 120 hours of my life, most of which was probably random encounters and cheesily written crap that probably sounds much better in Japanese.
 

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
692
0
0
Pokemon, y u not use fan design?

I mean really? The only one that is sort of ok is the frog one.
 

Kittfox

New member
Aug 7, 2012
1
0
0
I'm definitely going Fennekin, and I might actually keep my starter until the Elite Four, which hasn't happened since my first run through Blue back in the day. I am seriously liking Delphox. Starter final evolutions I actually like, I'm liking X and Y so far.
 

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Moderator
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
7,149
98
53
Country
🇬🇧
Gender
♂
SerithVC said:
Concerning our previous debate on this thread, this may be of interest to you:

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/CoroCoro_offically_reveals_new_Megas,_final_starter_evolutions
 

SerithVC

New member
Dec 23, 2011
117
0
0
JoJo said:
SerithVC said:
Concerning our previous debate on this thread, this may be of interest to you:

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/CoroCoro_offically_reveals_new_Megas,_final_starter_evolutions
Ok, so i was wrong. I suppose you want a cookie or something? I mean you don't really deserve a cookie for bringing this to my attention a day late. Back to the point of this, yes i admit i was wrong.
 

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
3,245
0
0
SerithVC said:
JoJo said:
SerithVC said:
Concerning our previous debate on this thread, this may be of interest to you:

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/CoroCoro_offically_reveals_new_Megas,_final_starter_evolutions
Ok, so i was wrong. I suppose you want a cookie or something? I mean you don't really deserve a cookie for bringing this to my attention a day late. Back to the point of this, yes i admit i was wrong.
Geeze no need to be so bitter buddy. it wasn't as if he was rubbing it in your face.
 

SerithVC

New member
Dec 23, 2011
117
0
0
Eric the Orange said:
SerithVC said:
JoJo said:
SerithVC said:
Concerning our previous debate on this thread, this may be of interest to you:

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/CoroCoro_offically_reveals_new_Megas,_final_starter_evolutions
Ok, so i was wrong. I suppose you want a cookie or something? I mean you don't really deserve a cookie for bringing this to my attention a day late. Back to the point of this, yes i admit i was wrong.
Geeze no need to be so bitter buddy. it wasn't as if he was rubbing it in your face.
i'm not bitter, i just felt like being an ass. If i was bitter i would have been much more aggressive and probably insulting.
 

Arawn

New member
Dec 18, 2003
515
0
0
I don't know if anyone mentioned it; Is that Greninja's tongue wrapped around it's neck like a scarf? The first picture you couldn't tell, but the second one makes it more seem more likely the case. I do want to say some part of me is disappointed to see the characters so quickly revealed. Part of my excitement of playing Pokemon in the past was finding things out for myself. I was one of those people that spent days in the tall grass making sure I got one of each creature before moving to the next area. And making sure those I caught were strong enough to take on whatever awaited in the next zone. Times change, can't be stuck in my ways. I'm sure this new Pokemon will have something for everyone.
 

Skeleon

New member
Nov 2, 2007
5,410
0
0
Okay, now I believe it: Greninja's... stuff there is its tongue. I dunno why they replaced the cloud-thingy from its second evolution with its tongue, but it's a mistake, I think. Looks silly. Well, I guess that solidifies my leaning towards Chesnaught.
 

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
6,242
0
0
Well, what do you know. I actually think the last evolutions a pretty decent. The others don't do anything for me.

I wish they gave Greninja the same eyes as Kisame from Naruto, then I would of instantly picked him.
 

AdamG3691

New member
Nov 18, 2009
313
0
0
niktzv said:
Dragonbums said:
niktzv said:
Why is a stick coming out from Braixons' butt?

That's it's tail. Not it's butt.
Why is there a stick coming out of Braixons' tail?
it's pokedex entry says that pulling it out of it's tail causes it to ignite the stick, so it uses it's tail pretty much as a match box (the stick is used as a wand and method of long distance communication, like semaphore, but on fire)

as for the other designs, I picked fennekin and was not disappointed, delphox looks so much better animated (it also uses a wand, it's kept up it's sleeve)

fun fact: this is the first gen that has all bipedial final evolutions of starters
 

piinyouri

New member
Mar 18, 2012
2,708
0
0
Haven't played Pokemon since the card game in high school.
Saw my friend playing X today and happened a glance and was actually pleasantly surprised.

They got rid of the awful boring battles, FINALLY gave it a full graphical upgrade and overall it looks like what I wish Pokemon Stadium would have looked like. Really not too shabby and if I owned a 3DS, I'd probably considering getting one of the games some point down the line.

As far as the final evolutions, I actually really like the fire one's final form.
Also kind of like the tank-adillo thing. Hell I'm fairly fond of all three final forms. (But the fire mage is still my favorite)

However, the early forms for the tank one are...pretty terrible. They exemplify everything that gen one'ers complain about. (And they are mostly right, depending)

The other two's first forms are pretty good though.
 

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
3,307
0
0
Arawn said:
I don't know if anyone mentioned it; Is that Greninja's tongue wrapped around it's neck like a scarf? The first picture you couldn't tell, but the second one makes it more seem more likely the case. I do want to say some part of me is disappointed to see the characters so quickly revealed. Part of my excitement of playing Pokemon in the past was finding things out for myself. I was one of those people that spent days in the tall grass making sure I got one of each creature before moving to the next area. And making sure those I caught were strong enough to take on whatever awaited in the next zone. Times change, can't be stuck in my ways. I'm sure this new Pokemon will have something for everyone.
Yeah. It's tongue now makes up it's "scarf" so to speak.

Hopefully retailers will think twice before breaking the street date on a Nintendo game. According to a phamplet they released in Brazil, all retailers that purposefully leaked WILL be punished in the form of having horribly delyaed shipments.

Which for many mom and pop types of game stores can spell doom to the business.
 

Truniron

New member
Nov 9, 2010
292
0
0
After seeing the design choices, I like to think that the three starters as a rouge (greninja), mage (delphox) and warrior (chesnagut).

Greninja has ,in my oppinion, the best design of the three. He looks like a ninja, which cooperates with his type (water-dark), and I like that. Like a ninja.
Chesnagut has another good design. He looks like a warrior, capabile of taking a lot of damage, while at the same time being able to knock the enemies down. Also, that "shield" on his back, is really cool.
Delphox has, in my oppinion, the worst design of the three starters. The use of collors are dull and boring and the look of it...nothing special. I know it wants to resemble a mage-like creature, but I think they should have gone for a more creative design choice.