UPDATED - Bioshock 2 Rumors Debunked

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
[quote/] UPDATE: 2K community manager Elizabeth has debunked said rumors in a post on the forums. Guess we'll learn all about Sea of Dreams for real when the actual issue hits shelves. One can't help but wonder if the multiple-source reporting was a case of a coordinated hoax, or just the spread of memetic information across the gamersphere?[/quote]

Well, thank god. No Big Daddys? No thanks

Jul 9, 2008
Are you kidding me?

*sees update*Oh thank god. I was probably going to get Bioshock 2 no matter what, but if those rumors were true, I would have fully expected it to supplant F.E.A.R 2 as my most disappointing sequel ever.

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
in a way i was kinda hoping for a prequel. if you think about it we only saw only a fraction of Rapture and what it looked like in it's darkest hours. i was thinking we would see the golden age of Rapture and Ryan's power, but i guess not.

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
Why is it allways the soviets? i`d be more interested to see what the US would do should they stumble upon rapture ,or better yet both of them ,that would maintain the war-torn atmosphere of previous games

LoopyDood

Dec 13, 2008
Great news. Bioshock was an excellent game, so changing the formula is a bad thing.

Indigo_Dingo said:
Huh. This is weird.

According to reports, Bioshock 2 was originally listed as TBA, which many interpretted as 360 exclusive. However, 2K have fully confirmed that the game will be on tthe Ps3.
I have a question. How could "TBA" be interpreted as meaning it's a 360 exclusive?

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
Hah new details have emerged:

You Play as a Big Daddy (Allegedly the first ever Big Daddy)

Lots of Hype on the Forums many people upset and wishing it was Soviets and Dogs again XD

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57659

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Comeon, I've been screaming about mutated whale boss battles for months! That squid is a ripoff.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Wouldukindly said:
Hmmm...collectivists in an Objectivist underwater city, what could go wrong?
It seems 2K is examining both sides of the coin here. I like that.

Also, Rapture had a zoo?!

EDIT- Just learned it is fake. Oh well, at least the new rumour is that you get to play as the first Big Daddy ever made. [http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57659]

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
I don't trust that they're not going to totally stereotype Soviet themes, but on the other hand, it might go well with the ideological focus of Bioshock's Rapture.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Man, those boss battles with spliced up animals would have been pretty sweet, and I would love to see something like a water-breathing plasmid that lets you swim around outside of Rapture.