UPDATED - Bioshock 2 Rumors Debunked

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
So wait, if there is only going to be one little sister that means no adem!!! Which means no, well we all know what that means // I loved the art style of the first game so since it is set only 7 years later it wont have changed much // I just hope they wont get rid of the creepy statue splicers, they where always fun

-M

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
Damn, no more Big Daddy fights. I'm going to miss watching them duke it out.

Leathersoup

Feb 27, 2009
Bioshock drew you into the game with questions about Personal Freedom and Responsibility and now you're just going to gun down Soviet military? Way to rape Bioshock's corpse.

MindBullets

Apr 5, 2008
In Soviet Union, plasmid splices you! *shame* Sorry, someone had to.

Anyways, I don't particularly mind the absence of Big Daddies, as they weren't what I liked most about Bioshock. If they make #2 as thematically interesting as the first one, I'll be happy with it.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
Leathersoup said:
Bioshock drew you into the game with questions about Personal Freedom and Responsibility and now you're just going to gun down Soviet military? Way to rape Bioshock's corpse.

Don't be quick to judge it is still likely to pose such questions in Bioshock just from the Soviets point of View.

Murmur95

Sep 18, 2008
This sounds like they are taking the human element out of the game. Bioshock was good because you felt for the character and you can see how far Rapture fell. When you going to fight spliced animals its not going to be the same.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
No more Mr Bubbles? :'(

Still looking forward to the game more than any other though.

Pseudonym2

Mar 31, 2008
It makes sense. Now that they have critiqued free market capitalism, it makes sense the communism would be the next target.

Jingermanoo

Mar 7, 2009
What confuses me is how people are just 'discovering' Rapture.

Surely in it's construction a media buzz would have ensued what with construction companies building underwater and whatnot.
And also it looked, from splicer deaths alone, like Rapture used to be quite heavily populated. How could people get there if it was a secret at all?

Mr_spamamam

Mar 4, 2009
interesting. hope the story will be as good as the first game was. having no big daddies maks sense as you kill a hell of a lot of them in the first game and they isnt an indefinate supply i suppose

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
I've seen 2K games deny their own rumors. Seriously, I am just so confused that I'm gonna wait and see, and nothing more.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
The website has been updated, with mention of Andrew Ryan...which is good I think Bioshock 2 will probably explain more of Andrew Ryan's doings on the surface and the aftermath of his disppearence

Leathersoup

Feb 27, 2009
Svenparty said:
Leathersoup said:

Don't be quick to judge it is still likely to pose such questions in Bioshock just from the Soviets point of View.
The beautiful part about Bioshock was that it took a look at the issues I mentioned previously without vilifying any specific nation or ethnic group of any sort. It was an analysis of common human traits.
I don't see how making the enemy "Soviet", will provide anything "unique". It simply provides the writers an easy way out. No imagination required. To think that with such a colourful base to work from the dev's couldn't come up with anything other than Soviets are bad, shoot them.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
Leathersoup said:
To think that with such a colourful base to work from the dev's couldn't come up with anything other than Soviets are bad, shoot them.
The Splicers from the 1st game were the main enemies....but it's Andrew Ryan and Fontaine etc that give the main brain food to it

Perhaps the Soviets are just this games splicers? (Assuming there are even any in Bioshock 2 since Dev's seem to be denying it)