Updated: First PS4 Games Shown at PlayStation Meeting

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
all i got from this was PS4 is uber powerful and we all know better graphics = even better games. *sigh* shut up sony, your consoles sounds like its going to cost alot.....again. and Why do i get the feeling your games are also going to cost abit more. And all the things they braggin about being "innovative" just seem to be stuff PC gamers have been enjoying for years and years anyway. All Flash. Ill wait till E3 but.... still not that impressed.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Another inFamous game?

Aw... but those endings were really good. Pretty final and all.

IT'S LIKE THE 9TH SEASON OF SCRUBS ALL OVER AGAIN

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I got excited for Watch Dogs and then I saw the chase scene and thought "oh no, this is AC3 all over again". Still going to keep my eye on it, just saying.

Dead Seerius

Feb 4, 2012
karloss01 said:
Have to say it was interesting but nothing i'm really excited about. also, anyone else feel that Destiny looked and felt a bit too Halo?
An FPS developed by Bungie that takes place in space where humanity is facing certain extinction and you, a super soldier, must fight aliens to survive?
Naaaaawwwww. (I guess Bungie is sticking to what they know best, eh?)
omicron1 said:
The Witness now a (even temporary) PS4 exclusive?

SONY! I've been waiting for that game for YEARS now. This is not making me want to buy your goram console. This is making me furious at everyone involved.
Same. I was really intrigued by this game. I'm really hoping it ends up going multi-platform. I like to keep my options open.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
WOW!
Grey, Red and Grey, Yellow and Grey, and New York City!

I AM SO MOTHERFUCKING STOKED I AM GOING TO KILL MYSELF!!!!!!!!

we mastered grey this console generation Sony there are like 7 other colors. Give them a shot.

A new Infamous game... That fills me with apathy towards the human experience.
New Console generation, same colors, same IP's.

What am I going to do about it (rage about it on the internet! Ahem)

On the plus side every passing second brings me one step closer to the grave.
I mean... I'm still looking forward to Watch Dogs
And I guess I'll give that new Bungie title a try, I suppose. I don't know why though. The only reason I even liked Halo was because it was the only FPS that seemed to be immune from the Graynbow and if that screen shot is anything to go by... OH WHY GOD WHY! WHY DID YOU INVENT A COLOR AS DULL AS GREY!

I'm going to go fetal and cry now.

Sep 3, 2012
Sheo_Dagana said:
I don't think Square Enix has yet to realize that "we're working on a new Final Fantasy title" is a statement that has lost a good deal of weight in recent years. Show me, don't tell me. And also don't show me a trailer you've already shown before.
They are currently working on the Version 2.0 of Final Fantasy XIV

Sep 3, 2012
Another inFAMOUS tittle, thanks Sucker punch, although why didn't you do it for Ps3, dangit, also i have to say, ZP: inFamous: Second son, cant wait to see that, wich would mean that the 4 spot of the top5 zp games of 2011 goes to minecraft

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Ghonzor said:
Another inFamous game? What in the actual fuck?
And here I was thinking that Sucker Punch were pretty awesome for ending the series with such a phenomenal endings. Guess that goes out the window. Seriously, how are they going to explain this?
Well, I've seen the trailer and Cole isn't in this one and I'm pretty sure that they couldn't of set it after the second so... Same time period, different place is my guess. Or whatever. Who knows!?
As long as it's fun.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Sizzle Montyjing said:
Ghonzor said:
Another inFamous game? What in the actual fuck?
And here I was thinking that Sucker Punch were pretty awesome for ending the series with such a phenomenal endings. Guess that goes out the window. Seriously, how are they going to explain this?
Well, I've seen the trailer and Cole isn't in this one and I'm pretty sure that they couldn't of set it after the second so... Same time period, different place is my guess. Or whatever. Who knows!?
As long as it's fun.
This is probably a bit spoiler-ish so:

Since it'll probably be based around the good ending, I'm guessing this game will take place a few years after Cole's Death. He ended up killing conduit on the planet, but I don't think he necessarily killed the conduit gene itself. This leaves the potential for new conduits to be born and their power unleashed...somehow.

But still, the second game's good ending was fucking fantastic! It honestly don't feel it needs anything else.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Can't wait to get me a PS4. I'll also be getting the other consoles as well, so I'm not so much a console agnostic as much as I am a console whore collector.

Also, I can't wait to immediately not buy Diablo III for PS3 and PS4. This is going to sound like BS, but I knew D3 on PC was going to suck as soon as I heard you needed to be online in order to play. Blizzard had a hard enough time getting D2 to run smoothly on LAN--speaking of which, you can't even play D3 on LAN can you? Thought so. Suck it, Blizzard.

[sub]Granted, I may reconsider if the game goes to like ten bucks.[/sub]

EmperorSubcutaneous

Dec 22, 2010
Finally got around to watching the trailer for The Witness and was startled to hear a Mediaeval Baebes song playing in it. It's so weird when music I own plays in a trailer for anything, since I have odd tastes. (Not as weird as the time a Hedningarna remix played in that Witcher 2 trailer though, since even fewer people have heard of them.)

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
not going to comment on the choice of games or whatever - release whatever you want, but the last screenshot - purely beatiful. so far PS4 hasnt dissapointed. sure, it will in future, as leverything does, but even i got a bit exited that this may mean a massive graphics jump for the PC dcrowd as well, which means i need to get my new rig i been planing, since i got paid for unused days off which will consist of like 10% of rigs price.

EmperorSubcutaneous said:
Finally got around to watching the trailer for The Witness and was startled to hear a Mediaeval Baebes song playing in it. It's so weird when music I own plays in a trailer for anything, since I have odd tastes. (Not as weird as the time a Hedningarna remix played in that Witcher 2 trailer though, since even fewer people have heard of them.)
im a metalehad and whenever i hear a music i own in games i also feel wierd. i mean, this cant be right, it just feels... .out of place.

Flaery

Ghetto Trash
Dec 23, 2012
Infamous is getting a third game? Time for Yahtzee to retroactively take away Infamous 2's award and give it to Minecraft.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Meh sums it up for me. there was good stuff, some bad or boring stuff. Quite a bit of interesting uses of the PS4's focus on social gaming.

- The new Killzone looks like a generic first-person shooter with little to recommend.
- Driveclub looks great from a technical standpoint, but otherwise it seems like a standard driving game with a focus shift from the actual driving to the social aspect of being in a racing team (although given Sony's focus on social gaming in this show, that's not surprising).
- Infamous: Second Son had an average trailer with recycled themes and will most likely be, like the rest of the series, a bland action game.
- The Witness didn't look too bad - more than anything, I'm intrigued by the prospect of an open-world puzzle game.
- Knack looked kind of like a Pixar movie come to life, but it's being made by the guys behind Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank so I actually have faith in this one.
- deep down looked alright, I guess. I'm intrigued by the random shift to sci-fi right at the end of the trailer.
- Destiny looks like a standard first-person shooter in form, but I'm interested in how Bungie will use the PS4's social gaming aspects to create this promised dynamic open world of theirs. As long as
- If Blizzard iron out the issues with Diablo III, then I'm all up for this.
- Watch Dogs still looked awesome.