UPDATED GOG.com Has Put a Bunch of Games on Sale for Star Wars Day

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
UPDATED GOG.com Has Put a Bunch of Games on Sale for Star Wars Day

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1402/1402618.jpgUPDATE: GOG.com has changed the sale price on a number of these games. The 77 percent sale was an error, so the sale price for a number of these games has gone up.

Star Wars Battlefront II, Star Wars Empire at War: Gold Pack, Star Wars: Dark Forces, Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, Star Wars Republic Commando, and Star Wars Starfighter are all still 77 percent off.

Star Wars Shadows of the Empire is now 33 percent off, and the remaining eight games are now 60 percent off. We've removed the erroneous pricing below to avoid confusion. You can still find the sale over on GOG.com [https://www.gog.com/promo/20170502_special_promo_star_wars] for the next 10 days.

ORIGINAL STORY: GOG.com is making celebrating Star Wars Day with PC games a much cheaper endeavor with a sale on almost 20 games.

The fourth of May has become a day to celebrate for Star Wars fans. This year, digital storefront GOG.com [https://www.gog.com/promo/20170502_special_promo_star_wars] is getting in on the fun with a sale on almost 20 Star Wars titles. Each of them is on sale for 77 percent off, a nod to the release year of the original Star Wars.

Here are the games included in the sale:

Star Wars Battlefront II
Star Wars: X-Wing Special Edition
Star Wars: TIE Fighter Special Edition
Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
Star Wars Empire at War: Gold Pack
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
Star Wars: Rebel Assault 1 + 2
Star Wars Rebellion
Star Wars Shadows of the Empire
Star Wars Republic Commando
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy
Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast
Star Wars Starfighter
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D

If you need to pick up any of those Star Wars games, now is the time to grab them, especially since they are all DRM-free. You can find the sale over on GOG.com [https://www.gog.com/promo/20170502_special_promo_star_wars] for the next 10 days.

MonsterCrit

Feb 17, 2015
ima420r said:
Good deals, too bad I think I already own them all on Steam.
Well that and Stem has their own May the 4th deal as well. LKikely part of their weekend deal.

UPDATE:

Scratch that Steam is having the exact sam event right now and the prices are more or less the same, give or take a dime.

JCAll

Oct 12, 2011
I must buy the Jedi Knight games to protest Kyle Katarn being wiped from continuity.

TelosSupreme

Dec 8, 2015
JCAll said:
I must buy the Jedi Knight games to protest Kyle Katarn being wiped from continuity.
This guy gets it.

As for the sale, it's cool but I basically own most of these games already. Really though, who doesn't at this point? Though I still would like to know why the first Battlefront was never digitally re-released, even though I have it on CD. Will they take down the real Battlefront 2 when EA's (inevitably mediocre) sequel comes out?