snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
Doom972 said:
knight4light said:
Mr.Tea said:
vrbtny said:
This.... this dude is utterly bizzare.

Are you sure this is all legit?.... because this sounds like some future HBO story about some computer nerd going rouge and fighting the drug war in his own unique way....

seriously, this guy's tale is just bizarre.
Rogue.
[HEADING=3]Rogue.[/HEADING]
[HEADING=2]Rogue.[/HEADING]
[HEADING=1]Rogue.[/HEADING]

Why can't no one spell this word right??
dont you mean.

"why can no one spell this word right?" or "why cant anyone spell this word right?"

double negatives. bad. very bad.

OT: He really is crazy isn't he. I wonder how McAfee will hold up in the next few months. *McAfee goes bankrupt. service no longer viable*
I think you meant "why can't anyone spell this word right?"
No.... It's "Why can't anyone use the right word?"

While I found it amusing that he went all solid snake on use with the cardboard box, is anyone else worried that this will get blame on videogames too?

Honestly, I am not surprised at all, I mean his company has gotten away with charging people outrageous sums of money for a program that is as destructive as any virus I've gotten rid of, and I run tech support for old people so I've dealt with alot of them. It only makes sense that its founder would be a psychotic murderer.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Buried himself in sand and placed a cardboard box over his head? Holy shit, this guy is a cross between Solid Snake and that one guy from Commando.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
inclined to beleave the cops are out to get him as it is a Central american country and theyre known for haveing currupt cops in high places.

Milanezi

Mar 2, 2009
Do you guys know how some TV Shows get their own reality show versions? Well, Breaking Bad just got it's reality show version :)

Milanezi

Mar 2, 2009
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Buried himself in sand and placed a cardboard box over his head? Holy shit, this guy is a cross between Solid Snake and that one guy from Commando.
Lol!!! The Green Beret I didn't remember that guy ahahah, that was a nice franchise.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
Paradoxrifts said:
According to one news article he bought a million dollar patrol boat for the Belizean coast guard out of what he initially claimed to be philanthropy, but which he later admitted was a bribe to keep them from hassling his ferry business.

Sounds like the local constabulary has it in for him.
I was just about to say the same thing. I was a bit incredulous after hearing the story about him hiding in a box and the Belize police force poisoning his dogs, however after reading the previous article; He was arrested without just cause, they didn't execute a search warrant (though Belize law is surely different from my own), and they have a history of killing his dogs. They forced him into a donation "bribe" for a boat and they seem to be a bit over zealous. I could see him legitimately fearing for his life.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
What is this? 66 replies and not a single pun about McAfee security holes? This forums really gets worse and worse!

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
barbzilla said:
Paradoxrifts said:
According to one news article he bought a million dollar patrol boat for the Belizean coast guard out of what he initially claimed to be philanthropy, but which he later admitted was a bribe to keep them from hassling his ferry business.

Sounds like the local constabulary has it in for him.
I was just about to say the same thing. I was a bit incredulous after hearing the story about him hiding in a box and the Belize police force poisoning his dogs, however after reading the previous article; He was arrested without just cause, they didn't execute a search warrant (though Belize law is surely different from my own), and they have a history of killing his dogs. They forced him into a donation "bribe" for a boat and they seem to be a bit over zealous. I could see him legitimately fearing for his life.
Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't watching you

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Mr.Tea said:
vrbtny said:

Are you sure this is all legit?.... because this sounds like some future HBO story about some computer nerd going rouge and fighting the drug war in his own unique way....

Rogue.

Why can no one spell this word right??
Aoccdrnig to rseerach at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Stop benig a spelling/tpyo Nzai.

As for McAfee, ate one to many Jungle flowers.

Jack Rascal

May 16, 2011
McAfee saw the police approaching his property, he quickly buried himself in sand, placing a cardboard box over his head so he could breathe.
What? I mean... what? How is that even possible? How do you quickly bury yourself in sand and then place a box over your head? No, I don't suppose a cardboard box next to a shovel (assuming he used one) on the beach is suspicious at all.

I just cannot shake the feeling he looked something like this:

... while the imaginary thugs came and poisoned his dogs.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Mr.Tea said:
vrbtny said:

Rogue.

Why can no one spell this word right??
Do you mean Rouge?

OT: Don't know about the guy, but McAfee is shit.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
He buried himself in sand to elude the police? Is this guy a freaking secret agent or something?

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I was reserving judgement until I saw the update.
Upon seeing the update; that dude is crazy.

flaming_squirrel

Jun 28, 2008
Baldr said:
Aoccdrnig to rseerach at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Stop benig a spelling/tpyo Nzai.

Go on, honestly how long did it take you to write that?

elilupe

Jun 1, 2009
Fanghawk said:
UPDATE: According to Wired, McAfee is hiding from the authorities while proclaiming his innocence. The article explains that when McAfee saw the police approaching his property, he quickly buried himself in sand, placing a cardboard box over his head so he could breathe. "It was extraordinarily uncomfortable," he said, "But they will kill me if they find me."

McAfee claims that he knows nothing about the shooting, and that his position as prime suspect is due to a government vendetta against him. McAfee also claims that the authorities poisoned his guard dogs. "The coast guard dropped off a contingent of black-suited thugs at 10:30 tonight at the dock next door," McAfee said, "They dispersed on the beach. A half hour later all of my dogs had been poisoned. Mellow, Lucky, Dipsy, and Guerrero have already died."

Belize's Gang Suppression Unit denies any attempt to poison McAfee's guard dogs. "This guy amazes me every day," unit head Marco Vidal said. "We don't have anything personal against Mr. McAfee. There is no need for us to poison dogs."
What the fuck? I honestly can't tell if this is written as a joke or if McAfee is just completely insane.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
flaming_squirrel said:
Baldr said:

Dunno but just about every piece of information in that jibberish is a lie.

There was no study, and it isn't because we read words as a whole. It's because they are using sentences with strong contextual cues and common words.

You can easily generate sentences of jibberish like above that few if anyone could translate quickly.

D-Soul

Sep 5, 2012
I'm sorry but I have to do it

Looks like this virus

*puts on sunglasses*

...is on quarantine
http://cow.org/csi/

Captcha: plugged nickel

NOW YOU ARE MAKING JUST AS MUCH SENSE AS THIS GUY!

DonJavo

Sep 22, 2009
He sounds like a paranoid schizophrenic, but I am not no doctor. I also feel more sorry for Greg Faull for, you know, getting shot in the head, killed and robbed.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
theultimateend said:
flaming_squirrel said:
Baldr said:

Dunno but just about every piece of information in that jibberish is a lie.

There was no study, and it isn't because we read words as a whole. It's because they are using sentences with strong contextual cues and common words.

You can easily generate sentences of jibberish like above that few if anyone could translate quickly.
I read through it with no issues, I'd say there's more to it then you think.

OT: while Mc Afee sounds like he's nuts, the authorities in the area are known to be corrupt and the story is plausable, abiet doubtful/unlikely. We probably will never know the true story.