Urobuchi Godzilla Film info

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
So we have some new info on that Godzilla anime movie being written by Gen Urobuchi here [https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-24/godzilla-anime-film-reveals-full-title-story-new-visual-november-premiere/.113863]

It looks interesting and I want to see what Urobuchi does with Godzilla thematically. The future setting might be nice as well to see some mechagodzilla stuff

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
Urobuchi involved with Godzilla with a new(ish) concept? Sounds like a treat honestly. Especially with the rest of the people connected to it at the moment. Wish it seemed a bit more like the anti-hero Godzilla, but neat all the same.

Death Carr

Less Than 3D
Mar 30, 2011
The Butcher is doing a Godzilla movie?!

HYYYYYYPE

I love that guys work so much holy shit

The premise of the movie sounds cool too I guess
mechagodzilla and stuff
hopefully they do a montage of this war against kaiju and use that to show off some old school godzilla enemies
I do love me some Gamera

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
Death Carr said:
The Butcher is doing a Godzilla movie?!

HYYYYYYPE

I love that guys work so much holy shit

The premise of the movie sounds cool too I guess
mechagodzilla and stuff
hopefully they do a montage of this war against kaiju and use that to show off some old school godzilla enemies
I do love me some Gamera
Um, Gamera isn't Toho, it's Daiei, they don't have that license.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Urobuchi? The guy behind Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero and Psycho-Pass? Quite the change of pace there.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
A Godzilla movie written by Gen Urobuchi? Color me interested. I'm especially interested in seeing how he handles the story of a giant lizard laying waste to Tokyo... it'll probably end up with the whole city in ruins or something.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
CrazyGirl17 said:
A Godzilla movie written by Gen Urobuchi? Color me interested. I'm especially interested in seeing how he handles the story of a giant lizard laying waste to Tokyo... it'll probably end up with the whole city in ruins or something.
Based on the link in the OP?

The last summer of the 20th Century. That day, the human beings learn that they are not the only ruler of the planet Earth.
The appearance of the giant living creatures ?Kaiju's? and the ultimate existence that destroys all monsters: Godzilla. Through the battle against kaiju's that lasted for half a century, human beings has experienced continuous defeat, and finally plans to escape from the Earth. And in 2048, only those who were selected by the A.I. managed under the central government boarded the inter-sidereal emigrant spaceship ?Aratrum? to head for ?Tau Cetus e?, the planet beyond the distance of 11.9 light-year. However, the environmental condition differences between that of the Earth and Tau e, which they finally arrived after 20 years were far beyond the predicted numbers, and was not an environment considered to be habitable by human beings.

The young man on the emigrant ship: Haruo, who saw his parents killed by Godzilla in front of his eyes when he was 4 years old, had only one thing in his mind for 20 years: to return to the Earth and defeat Godzilla. Shut out from the possibility of emigration, as the living environment in the ship deteriorates, the group of ?Earth Returnists? led by Haruo became the majority, and determines to head back to Earth through a dangerous long-distance hyperspace navigation. However, the Earth they have returned has already passed the time of 20,000 years, and has become an unknown world with the ecosystem reigned by Godzilla.

At the end, will human beings win back the Earth? And what will Haruo see beyond his fate?