US Army Tests Super Strong Exoskeleton

TOGSolid

Jul 15, 2008
johnman said:
TOGSolid said:
Slap some torso enhancers on there and you get:

I want one. :D
Stalker exo in Fallout 3? What mod is that from?
I dunno for that screenshot. Someone has been porting Stalker models to Fallout 3 though.

I've got a buddy modding Fallout 3 and he's using those models as replacements for the super mutants and apparently they work great. He didn't make them though, he's just using them.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Dectilon said:
Sounds like it'd be more useful in other professions really.
Bow Chicka Wow Wow.

Anytime a person doesn't name a profession I assume they are discussing the oldest profession. It's a habit.

Kuhkren

Apr 22, 2009
Personally don't like this very much, especially if it leads to soldiers in full armor. I want a soldier I can shoot and kill.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
Thedutchjelle said:
Cody211282 said:
Thedutchjelle said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one here who dislikes the use of these things for the military.

The guys in the video don't even mention anything civilians might use these things for.
Why don't you like the idea of these being used in the military?
Because instead of using money and scientists to help humanity and make the world a better place, it's being invested in the military. If the people who made this thing would team up with the scientist who are working on prosthetic limbs and neural interfaces, you can make disabled people walk and move again.

The technology of these suits will probably be within grasp of civilians at one point, but until then, meh.
I think this will be very useful to a solider in the field, hell it will most likely save quite a few live out there.

RufusMcLaser

Mar 27, 2008
jonnosferatu said:
It's a nice step, but I can't help but feel as though just taking some time to revamp the army physical fitness programs to the point that soldiers are able to carry the loads themselves would be the first step here.
The emergency approach march load for a U.S. infantryman is currently 132 pounds and the Army is continually trying to keep it from growing- which it has shown an alarming tendency to do. They're basically at a point where they're running into the inherent limitations of what the platform (the human body) can support. No amount of PT is going to change that.

TL,DR: You, sir, must be trolling.

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
dathwampeer said:
I saw this when it was in its initial prototype stages on some late night gadget show. It is a step in a big direction in my opinion. A few years of solid tweaking and field tests. We could be looking at real life

No I'm being serious. If you could get this hydrolic skeleton to carry completely bulletproof armour then why wouldn't you? You would be insain not to try it. Give it 50-70 years and special forces might be looking at more realistic version of this kind of tech.
o_O shit I am gonna need to start eating healthy if I want to live that long.
Edit: I accidently reported Noelveiga so if you are reading this mods please ignore that :p