US Military Spawns Stealthy Robotic Hummingbirds

jumjalalabash

Jan 25, 2010
So are terrorists going to see small strange looking birds fly into their bases and think "business as usual"?

The Moehlinator

Mar 25, 2011
so....how long before we strap C4 to them and use them as a sort of mobile mine? that sounds kind of useful....to me, at least....but then, a rocket is probably cheaper.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Too bad it sounds like a large Bug, I suspect many of the robots are going to meet a grisly end at the hands of fly-swatters.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Why not just use a mini chopper, it's not like this is quiet.

So I got a better idea, robo-spider, you never know what creepy crawlies are watching you :)

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
This will be incredibly hilarious when your miniature stealth spy drones get eaten by local predatory birds.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
So... staring at woodland creatures, telling the difference between things that are and are not birds may become a significant factor in national security?

My dream job!

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
so terrorist will now think they are in a Hitchcock movie?

ot: this is cool... loud but still cool

Dusk17

Jul 30, 2010
It looks like a toy...I could see one of those as a x-mas present

actually i am kind of disappointed that they would spend money making something like that....

GamerPhate

Aug 22, 2008
The government has been militarizing the police force for years, thanks to the war on drugs and now the war on terrorism. Sure it sounds great to let the government spy on everyone all the time, without cause. But I assure you, it isn't all it is knocked up to be. Ultimately, the Constitution protects us from unreasonable searches and such, but if you don't even know the robot hummingbird was there, how could you know your rights were being violated?