US military to allow women in direct combat

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Women outnumber men in the world and I'm fairly certain in the US. So they're not in decline or danger of disappearing, so I dont see a problem. Women want the same rights as men so they should havve to do the same duties, even if that means getting drafted to potentially fight and die for their country. and if they volunteeer even better, thats twice the number you cna recruit and make your military twice the size.

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
All I can say is, good for them. As long as they can stand up to the same physical tests, they should be allowed in. Anyone capable of the job should get it.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
On the one hand i'm all for equal rights and think a woman with a gun is just as dangerous as a man with a gun. Go let her play soldier if she wants.

On the other hand the last thing I want is more soldiers who will go off to fight a war I don't care about and do it using bullets and bombs that are bought on credit. I was kind of hoping with recruitment going down they would have no choice but to give up, but now they'll just take the women. I wonder what happens when that stream dries up. Will there be a draft or will they just start taking children?

Fuzzed

Dec 27, 2012
Man, really bummed about this, now more women are going to join the military instead of joining me in my apartment.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Kalezian said:
still not sure what your saying there...aside from there is anomosity towards women withinon those groups...well ok then..logically the women in your squad arent the same ones at home...and by that logic theres just as much change of their boyfreinds cheating...but whatever, I supose logic never plays a part in thease things

[quote/]also, yea, most people have an idea what they are getting into, and then you have your first shark attack, and people start shitting bricks.[/quote]
which applys to ANYONE joining the army regardless of gender..and yes before you mention it I know the amount of women passing the tests is going to be less (much like women in IT and the like) but that doesnt mean they should be denied based to STUPID preconceptions

[quote/]as I said in my other post too, women can already go to ranger school, which was an insult to people with ranger school in their contract, even current rangers got shat on.[/quote]
what is a ranger? and what do you mean by that? the fact that women were aloud made them look bad?

[quote/]Sexism exists primarily in Combat arms because it is currently male dominated, a he-man women haters club, if you will. hell, even gay soldiers dont get as much hate as you would think.

things are going to have to drastically change to make a non-hostile work place environment.[/quote]
it always WILL be male dominated....a "boys club" is one thing, and while annoying hits more or less harmless...a "I hate women and I'm gonna rape them" environemnt is disturbing and I hate to think solders who start out as normal people would be like that

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
the clockmaker said:
My real concern is that fifteen years from now, when women make up about five to ten percent of the infantry and one percent of special forces, we will have demands for those communities to open up and become more 'inclusive' toward female personnel. The army will then turn the core training/selection process for those trades into a dog and pony show to ensure that they are seen to be including female personnel even if it means taking soldiers who cannot perform their duties.
war is not a (I forgot the word for it) "positive descrimination" or poltically correct type thing, they wouldnt do that at the cost of the standards

and mabye by then we'll have drones/bio/tech enhancments to even the playing feild XD

the clockmaker

Jun 11, 2010
Vault101 said:
the clockmaker said:
My real concern is that fifteen years from now, when women make up about five to ten percent of the infantry and one percent of special forces, we will have demands for those communities to open up and become more 'inclusive' toward female personnel. The army will then turn the core training/selection process for those trades into a dog and pony show to ensure that they are seen to be including female personnel even if it means taking soldiers who cannot perform their duties.
war is not a (I forgot the word for it) "positive descrimination" or poltically correct type thing, they wouldnt do that at the cost of the standards

and mabye by then we'll have drones/bio/tech enhancments to even the playing feild XD
You say that, but I have seen female soldiers allowed to pass even though they can not physically perform their duties due to a lack of physical strength and endurance. THis is done because the government, not the military is paranoid about seeming sexist.

RufusMcLaser

Mar 27, 2008
I suppose it's worth trying on a limited basis, provided the relevant standards for eligibility are not lowered, nor their duties. If a woman wants into the world of 20 mile ruck marches and hauling mortar base plates and M2 tripods up Afghan foothills, let her- so long as she can pull her weight without putting her teammates at risk.
This being the case, I want the proportion of female and male recruits who are non-voluntarily selected for the authorized "combat" specialties to be equal. I also want mandatory Selective Service registration to extend to women, who've been getting a free ride in this area since the ratification of the 19th Amendment.
More than anything else, I don't want to see relevant standards lowered so that the admission of women into combat specialties meets some arbitrary (or, more likely, politically determined) goal.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
sounds pretty good.

I mean when you think of it, a woman, a certain time in the month and a gun.

Them enemies don't stand a chance.

On a side note, i thought this already was he case, even in the US military forces.

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
RufusMcLaser said:
I also want mandatory Selective Service registration to extend to women, who've been getting a free ride in this area since the ratification of the 19th Amendment.
They've also been getting 70 cents on the dollar. Women don't get any kind of "free ride" in this country.

nexus

May 30, 2012
This is just kind of sad really...

What does this have to do with liberty or rights again? So women and gays can be murder-slaves on the frontline now? Oh, thats cool.

TaboriHK said:
RufusMcLaser said:
I also want mandatory Selective Service registration to extend to women, who've been getting a free ride in this area since the ratification of the 19th Amendment.
They've also been getting 70 cents on the dollar. Women don't get any kind of "free ride" in this country.
When the boat is sinking, and the men are allowed to go first with the children to safety, followed by the women, THEN women can get paid a whole dollar.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
WaitWHAT said:
I approve of this. The most capable person should get the job, regardless of their genitalia. Simple, really.
And with that ladies and gents we are done. :)
It's right, concise and spot on.

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
SadakoMoose said:
This is going to sound awful, but I'm kind of hoping this leads to a "Beauty and The Beast" Unit scenario.
Not because I thought those scenes were awesome, I just like the idea of exploiting women in an unconventional fashion. Like, why put women in the kitchen, when you could turn them into science experiments and set them upon poor people.

That said, I've always (seriously) supported the idea, but at the same time can't help but worry that maybe there's too much combat to go around in the first place.
Seriously? You going to reference them instead of The Boss [http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/The_Boss]? The one who trained Big Boss, the "Mother of Special Forces"?

On-Topic: Honestly, it took them long enough.

Darren Carrigan

Mar 6, 2012
What else can you say except about time?
Gender equality encompasses every profession that women serve in.
Military included.