USA - Police State here we come!

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Lionsfan said:
Is this the bill Anon has been going on about? My guess is that it's not as bad as people are making it,[bold] otherwise it never would have passed with such flying colors.[/bold]

And plus, if the government wants to imprison/interrogate you, well they'll do it anyways regardless of whatever bill is out there
*cough* PATRIOT Act *cough.*

Congress can do whatever the hell they want. They've got an approval rating percentage that is frequently in the single digits, but no one has the balls to do anything because they constantly blame the OTHER congressmen rather than the one that they voted for.

DannyJBeckett

Jun 29, 2011
Varanfan9 said:
Actually Obama said he is going to Veto it. So theres that.
He said he would, but he didn't. I'm rapidly losing my respect for him. Between this and SOPA, America's title as the "land of the free" is a sick joke.

Edible Avatar

Oct 26, 2011
Macgyvercas said:
Didn't the White House already say they would veto this into the dirt? And besides, it'd never hold up against the Supreme Court.
Unfortunately, the Supreme court has a Republican majority, and the Chief Justice (Roberts) will dilly dally (Think fingers in ears) with anything that goes against the GOP House of Representatives. UNLESS of course, theres a major public outcry...

Wait, did'nt Obama say he'd veto this?

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Technically it's unconstitutional to detain an U.S. Citizen indefinitely without trial, but that only helps so far. Currently they can just claim 'National Security', and suddenly all rights are waved anyway. But, the white house has said they'll veto it, so it'll just end up circling back around in this atrocious stalemate of a government we've got.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Lionsfan said:
Is this the bill Anon has been going on about? My guess is that it's not as bad as people are making it, otherwise it never would have passed with such flying colors.

And plus, if the government wants to imprison/interrogate you, well they'll do it anyways regardless of whatever bill is out there
The reason it passed, is because its political suicide to vote against the defense bill.

But this bill and the SOPA bill are 2 of the most aggravated assaults against freedom in general. Its the first steps Dictatorships take to establish a stranglehold on a country

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Edible Avatar said:
Macgyvercas said:
Didn't the White House already say they would veto this into the dirt? And besides, it'd never hold up against the Supreme Court.
Unfortunately, the Supreme court has a Republican majority, and the Chief Justice (Roberts) will dilly dally (Think fingers in ears) with anything that goes against the GOP House of Representatives. UNLESS of course, theres a major public outcry...

Dont make this a partisan debate, because its not, It passed the senate 93 against 7, Both Reps and Dems Senators voted for this bill to pass.

Dec 27, 2010
All hail the land of the free! Another fantastic testament to the true freedom that the US government provides it's people, and is bringing into the Middle East!

boag

Sep 13, 2010
BehattedWanderer said:
Technically it's unconstitutional to detain an U.S. Citizen indefinitely without trial, but that only helps so far. Currently they can just claim 'National Security', and suddenly all rights are waved anyway. But, the white house has said they'll veto it, so it'll just end up circling back around in this atrocious stalemate of a government we've got.
What this bill does is essentially kill the bill of rights.

If someone alludes to you being a terrorist, the military can detain you without a trial.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
chadachada123 said:
Lionsfan said:
Is this the bill Anon has been going on about? My guess is that it's not as bad as people are making it,[bold] otherwise it never would have passed with such flying colors.[/bold]

*cough* PATRIOT Act *cough.*

Congress can do whatever the hell they want. They've got an approval rating percentage that is frequently in the single digits, but no one has the balls to do anything because they constantly blame the OTHER congressmen rather than the one that they voted for.
The Patriot Act didnt give the military the right to invade your home and take you into custody.

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
BehattedWanderer said:
Edible Avatar said:
Macgyvercas said:

He did, then the White House made a statement saying that they would support it instead.

Fleischer

Jan 8, 2011
It is difficult to type this comment, amid all of my headdesking, but I am done with Obama.

Ron Paul is the only hope for my country.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
McNinja said:
BehattedWanderer said:
...so it'll just end up circling back around in this atrocious stalemate of a government we've got.
He did, then the White House made a statement saying that they would support it instead.
Hey, look at that! My post is now a solid representation for our government! Yay! Wait...well...shit.

boag said:
What this bill does is essentially kill the bill of rights.

If someone alludes to you being a terrorist, the military can detain you without a trial.
Just what I've always wanted! It's McCarthyism all over again! Hoorah!
VIOLATE ALL THE RIGHTS!!!

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
It's funny cuz most Americans whine about this and that yet they don't vote these assholes out of office, so quite frankly the idiots are not just the politicians, but the dummies are the people who keep re-electing these no good pos politicians. Those who whine about it but do nothing are part of the problem.

Tetranitrophenol

Apr 4, 2010
Sadly it is not as easy, all of these politicians talk pretty while they are campaigning (look up Obama's campaign ads and whatnot) but once they get into office they begin to serve the highest bidder, A.K.A lobbyist.
the only politician that I believe can do things different is Ron Paul, I certainly hope he wins this time.

Mediteral

Apr 15, 2009
Terminate421 said:
The bill of rights stops this dead in its tracks
The Bill of Rights doesn't mean anything now; the military and Government in general has the power to Veto it anytime they want...They already are in fact. The US is done for...

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
As George Carlin stated in his final special It's Bad For Ya, "just look up Japanese Americans 1942, and you'll find out all about your precious fuckin' rights."

A right isn't a right if someone can take it away. It's a privilege. You have a Bill of Privileges. And Canada has the Canadian Charter of Privileges. And some people have no privileges at all. Sad, but that's the world we live in. So we either rise up and overthrow the governments of the world with what Lenin would call useful idiots, or we occupy 'till we can't occupy no more and little changes.

Timedraven 117

Jan 5, 2011
Checks and balances form teh supreme court will immediatly say taht this is unconstitutional becasue A:Denys the first amendments Life, libertym adn prsuit of happiness. And B: Well fuck americans are already angry with the dipshits we put in congress wait till they get death threats!

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
Ham_authority95 said:
They don't need a bill for this. The U.S. government can and has imprisoned U.S. citizens without trial in the past.
Yes, but now its totally legal for them to do this. Thats bloody scary.