Use The Vita As A PS3 Controller For Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Use The Vita As A PS3 Controller For Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

Not only will Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 be available for the Vita when the system launches, but you'll be able to use the Vita to play the game's PS3 counterpart.

Capcom's Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is going to contain a ton of interesting features when it comes out for the PlayStation Vita. Aside from the expected local and online multiplayer, "everything you would find in the PS3 version," and touchscreen controls, it turns out that you'll actually be able to use your Vita as a controller to play the PS3 version of the game.

According to Capcom, "as an integrated option, gamers can use the PS Vita as the 'Ultimate Controller' to play the PS3 version of the game." Further details about how the Vita will serve as an "ultimate controller" aren't really detailed, but it'll be interesting to see if there are any bonuses to using the device with the PS3 version of the game.

Additionally, the Vita version of the game will include a Spectator Mode that allows players to watch/share matches over a wi-fi connection. Also, Capcom has stated that the game will contain PS Vita "exclusive Gold Herald color options" for characters.

Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 will be available for the Vita when Sony's new handheld system launches. Capcom has revealed that the game will be released on February 15th, 2012, when the "First Edition" bundle is set to come out a week before the system's regular launch on February 22nd.

Source: Joystiq

Dec 14, 2009
I'd never get a fighter like UMvC3 on a handheld.

I'm pretty heavy handed when it comes to fighting games, I have a 360 pad that I bought a week before the vanilla MvC3 and it looks worse for wear than the other two controllers that I've had for 3 years.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
What would be the point of this??? Just a stupid way to use an overpriced handheld? I hate gimmicky shit. And this rates up there. I can't wait till we are greeted with a more modern version of 4 swords adventure but with another property.

"This is an awesome team game guys, but we all need to buy a Vita for it to work."

Charmi the ninja

May 28, 2011
It would help if you're at your friends house, and he doesn't have a second controller but you own a Vita. Other than that - a bit of a gimmicky option.

I like the "Spectator mode" idea. Hope it isn't limited to one device though.
I can see uses for that at meetups and comps. Vita owners can just tune in on the action on their vita's while walking around. Also good if you're in a crowd and can't see the main TV screen.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Baresark said:
What would be the point of this??? Just a stupid way to use an overpriced handheld? I hate gimmicky shit. And this rates up there. I can't wait till we are greeted with a more modern version of 4 swords adventure but with another property.

"This is an awesome team game guys, but we all need to buy a Vita for it to work."
It's been confirmed that the Vita will enable touch screen controls for things like instant special moves and supers. So, little point at all for people who actually know how to play the game unless they want to troll.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
StriderShinryu said:
Baresark said:

It's been confirmed that the Vita will enable touch screen controls for things like instant special moves and supers. So, little point at all for people who actually know how to play the game unless they want to troll.
Haha. I remember when Tatsunoko vs. Capcom came out for the Wii. I was at my buddies house playing and he walked away to answer the phone. His 3 year old daughter started messing with the controller and she finished me off with a massive combo. They had this fidgety option where a shake of the nunchuk would do your super combos. It was really annoying considering I was playing with a Classic controller. And MvC3 had the easy control option where the combos did themselves. What a troll maneuver. Yet another way to undermine us folks who enjoy learning the combo system in a game such as that.