Using your nostalgia glasses, what is your favorite game?

not-sid

Mar 18, 2009
Nostalgia plays a huge part in our outlook on our games. So using your nostalgia glasses, what is your favorite game?

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
With or without my nostalgia glasses, my favourite game is the infamously broken cult classic Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, from the sadly unsuccessful Troika Games.

Although... A 7-year old B-game from a defunct publisher, based on a discontinued RPG franchise? Maybe my nostalgia glasses are just always on.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Parasite eve I.

The first Jrgp I played and it blew my mind.
Also I like bloody hard final bosses.
[small][sub]Strike me pink that guy was a bugger[/sub][/small]

kannibus

Sep 21, 2009
Wing Commander. No this is not with any sense of nostalgia whatsoever. Name any other game that allowed me to blow up alien lolcats with souped up fighters, had friendly AI and also let me joystick jockey. I DARE YOU! I DOUBLE DARE YOU!

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is my all time favorite game. With or without nostalgia glasses.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear. In a time dominated by Quake and UT it suddenly introduced a solid, unforgiving, tactical multiplayer.

For everyone who hasn't played it: Counter Strike pretty much took the idea, and injected some adrenaline.

Valate_v1legacy

Sep 16, 2009
Either KotOR or Morrowind. Really, hard call. Stuff like Halo though makes me sad. 12666 players at peak times is quite a fall.

LordOmnit

Oct 8, 2007
A toss-up between Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Kirby Super Star with the nostalgia glasses on- that isn't to say that they aren't great games, however I do have games that I know I like more. Those two just have a special place in me shriveled, cinnamon-encrusted core I call a heart.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Forget the glasses, it would be Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

Harmondale2

Nov 18, 2009
Its a mix of Tank Racer, Might and Magic 7, or Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2

Wow I feel old...

nintendoeats

Jan 27, 2010
plugav said:
With or without my nostalgia glasses, my favourite game is the infamously broken cult classic Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, from the sadly unsuccessful Troika Games.

Although... A 7-year old B-game from a defunct publisher, based on a discontinued RPG franchise? Maybe my nostalgia glasses are just always on.
I'm playing that right now. I mean yes, your glasses are most likely on 24/7 (The goddamn roof doesn't even stay rendered duder)...but it's still not horrible pick.

With or without glasses however, Super Mario 64. I feel totally comfortable defending this pick on intellectual grounds, and it was the first game that I remembered playing. That first play in a store many years prior has had an incredible effect on me, even though I didn't start gaming until 5 or 6 years later.

BlackLurker

Jul 27, 2011
I don't even think it is nostalgia glasses. My favorite game is based on the one that gives me the most pleasure. Left 4 Dead 2 takes that title. Probably followed by Smash Bros. And then Marvel vs Capcom 2/3 when offline.

RipRoaringWaterfowl

Jun 20, 2011
*dons nostalgia glasses* Civilization III. *takes off glasses* Hmmm. Weird. Well, now with these shades off, I'd say my favorite is Fallout: New Vegas. *redons glasses* I'm off to play Civ III.

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast.

Hell, without the glasses it's still a good game.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker.

That was the first Zelda game I played (Never had a N64, and I always thought Ocarina of Time looked scary). I still play that game. Even without nostalgia glasses, it's still awesome.

EricKei

Aug 30, 2010
X-COM: UFO Defense (aka UFO: Enemy Unknown)

Even with the nostalgia filter turned off, it still holds up quite well in terms of gameplay and "one...more...turn/battle" syndrome. The graphics? Not so much, but it still looks better than many 20-something year old games.