Using your nostalgia glasses, what is your favorite game?

Arbi Trax

Jul 13, 2011
Always the same answer, regardless of the glasses situation. Planescape: Torment.

I've replayed it a dozen times, and I still can't bring myself to play as an evil character.

Turigamot

Feb 13, 2011
Morrowind.

No wait, Perfect Dark.

Wait, no... Starcraft.

I guess all three, since I can't really just choose one. Different genres, and all that.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
There a good few games that invoke a good feeling of nostalgia but if there was to be just one, it would be NiGHTS into Dreams. I spent endless hours playing that, sometimes to chase the elusive A ratings for each stage but mostly just for the sheer joy of playing it. Though even without nostalgia glasses, I still class it as my favourite game of all time. It's the one game I kept when I sold my Saturn on and I ended up buying said console once again more or less just to play it.

Olorune

Jan 16, 2009
Kinda young, so mine isn't really in there with the "great classics", but I'd say Vigilante 8: Second Offense on the PS1. That game blew me away with it's funky ass soundtrack and the crazy, yet enjoyable story.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
With, easily Lylat Wars. Played the crap out of that game for YEARS.

Without? I'd probably say Oblivion as its the game I've put the most time into, but my favorite changes all the time depending on my mood and the latest games to come out.

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Xenogears.

I miss Squaresoft.

im-white

Mar 24, 2010
road rash, vectorman, streets of rage and teenage mutant ninja turtles (dood who made this must of been higher than a kite) i can't decide between these so many hrs spent as a child

Vicarious Vangaurd

Jun 7, 2010
Sniper Elite. It was a great stealth game with pretty realistic sniper-ing mechanics. I loved it and actually was playing it again last year.

ajofflight

Jun 5, 2010
*Nostalgia'd* Well, I'd have to say The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX. Incidentally, it's also my favorite Zelda game (yes, that's right, even over Ocarina of Time!)

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
FFVII for me and still play it quite regularly so dont really have nostalgia glasses on other favourite games that I remember as awesome were bubble bobble on C64 and Gunstar Heroes on megadrive but now without the glasses I find bubble bobble almost unplayable and Gunstar Heroes no where near as much fun still I have my memories.

Instinct Blues

Jun 8, 2008
Using my nostalgia glasses the choice is very easy for me and it is Sonic 2. Easily one of the greatest games to ever grace the Sega Genesis.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
I destroyed my nostalgia glasses, any game I thought was good as a child, I played again at the latest last year to see if it measures up. Spyro 2, 3, and Ratchet and Clank 2, 3, and gladiator, all have continued to be awesome, both in my childhood, and as an adult. Oh, and wind waker. Pokémon, despite being my first game, I have great disdain for now.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I'll put 'em on and look back as far as I can...
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destiny_of_an_Emperor]
that's what I came up with. I'd say it's what got me into both strategy and RPGs.
...I wonder if my cartridge still works...

Sjakie

Feb 17, 2010
Morrowind

or

Freespace 2

cant really decide, on hours alone Morrowind ofc wins

coolkirb

Jan 28, 2011
Kirby 64, come on you can combine powers
Pokemon Yellow also but thats is because it was part of the best christmas ever

Nulmas

Jul 16, 2010
I think I have to say it would be Illusion of Gaia/Illusion of Time, an action RPG for the SNES from 1994.

It completely blew my mind back then :)