Using your nostalgia glasses, what is your favorite game?

TastySurvivor

Vault-Tec Beat Writer
Jun 14, 2010
Super Mario Land 2: The Six Golden Coins. A classic in my book. I have the rom for my dreamcast and play it all the time

Veekter

Aug 4, 2008
Kingdom Hearts pretty much defined my childhood, though having replayed it recently I find that the game is still amazing without the need for nostalgia.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Jak and Daxter was and still is a breath of life for me when I'm sick of playing super dark games.

Then Jak gotten an Dark side and you know what? IT KICKED ASS.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Yoshi's Island, c'mon give me a break it was the 1st game I owned and I was 5

SmellyBoy88

May 16, 2010
Starfox: Adventures. That was my first game on Gamecube, and my Gamecube was the earliest Christmas gift I remember, so that.

Other than that, Super Smash Bros. The original one. First console game I played. <333

GraveeKing

Nov 15, 2009
Suikoden 2.... that game was just.... amazing, the storyline, the characters - even the gameplay is more than playable today. What ever happened to the good ol' RPGs of old?

Nulmas

Jul 16, 2010
Dr. wonderful said:
Jak and Daxter was and still is a breath of life for me when I'm sick of playing super dark games.

Then Jak gotten an Dark side and you know what? IT KICKED ASS.
Agreed :)

We need more games with the sense of humor that Jak & Daxter had.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Final Fantasy VIII, hands down.
I spent most of my early childhood playing it, and even though I couldn't understand most of the storyline or the vocabulary as a kid, somehow I still loved it like hell, and it was my favourite game. Still is, but that's mainly for the nostalgia. But I'd still love it without the nostalgia.
Just hearing BGMs from FFVIII makes me squeal with happiness inside. :') If only my friggin' disks still worked...

evo455

Mar 15, 2011
Valate said:
Either KotOR or Morrowind. Really, hard call. Stuff like Halo though makes me sad. 12666 players at peak times is quite a fall.
if you're talking about reach i can assure you that the player count doesn't go below around 80,000 or so at any time, usually its over 100,000 and at peak times 130-140,000. if not, then my apologies. OT: eh. MM ,OOT and the original halo probably fall under the nostalgia range.

Redford Blade

Mar 5, 2011
Morrowind (I've still never completed the main quest, I just get sidetracked on added mod content), and Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (Every Civ game can suck it compared to Alpha Centauri).

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
Gosh! My nostalgia glasses are really wide.

1. Arcanum: Steamworks and Magic Obscura
2. Final Fantasy IX
3. Heroes III
4. Baldurs Gate 2: The Shadows of Amn

tycho0042

Jan 27, 2010
With my glasses on my favorite Is FF4(US 2)the characters appealed to me more than most ff games had. plus it was my first snes game not counting super mario world

RagnarokHybrid

Aug 6, 2011
Final Fantasy IX was great but I was engaged to Threads of Fate (Dewprism). It still depresses me to see how little people care about the game. :*(