Using your nostalgia glasses, what is your favorite game?

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Final fantasy 1 ( first JRPG i ever played )
Final fantasy 4 ( the sequel [ not really] to the first JRPG i ever played )
Final fatasy 6 ( well this one is truly awsome with or without glasses )

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
Tough call.

I'd really have to go with the old Cinemaware classics; Defender of the Crown, and Lords of the Rising Sun.

If I had the time and patience I'd love to mod Mount & Blade: Warband into a Defender of the Crown or Lords of the Rising Sun remake. It wouldn't be too hard to involve all the elements: you've got the tournaments, sieges, battles, night time raids, and the rescue of the damsel in distress! In LotRS, you've got frickin' ninja attacks, there's the hot Princess to rescue, and there's the awesome minigames after battles where you ride down and massacre the fleeing general. WooT!! Damnit ... where's my Amiga Emulator ... *disappears*

Breywood

Jun 22, 2011
Although Diablo 2 claims the most hours played, it's not my favorite. And I've got so many fond memories, I'll try to keep them to 3/generation.

C-64:
1) Elite
2) Wasteland
3) Ultima IV

DOS:
1) Fallout
2) Lemmings 2
3) Master of Orion 2/Master of Magic

Windows:
1) Baldur's Gate
2) Mechwarrior II
3) Warcraft 2

(EDIT: Formatting)

EcoHulk

Aug 3, 2011
Donkey Kong 64, first 3d game I ever played (people were playing ps2 while I had the N64 but I didn't care a bit.)

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
Hmm lets see. I think it would definitely have to say Twisted Metal 2. I played the hell out of that game. I beat it with every vehicle at least 3 times. I loved it. Tied for a close second is Yoshi's Island and Super Metroid. They rule.

Xeraxis

Aug 7, 2011
Super Smash Brothers Melee. With or without glasses, I had a blast with that game with friends for hours.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Doom, because it is still the greatest FPS of all time.

However if I was wearing my nostalgia glasses they would blind me to the glaring flaws of games I otherwise loved, in which case I'd probably pick Deathtrap Dungeon, because I loved the concept even through the gameplay was far from perfect and the graphics have not aged at all well.

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
C&C: Red Alert 1.

I played it recently and it is really frustrating now. Every time you send a unit somewhere it makes an arbitrary turn every time you click. But back then, ohh boy. I was actually quite good at it as well.

BangSmashBoom

Jul 28, 2011
Ico for bloody sure, no question.

I still have my ps2 because of that game, and can't wait for the HD rerelease with Shadow of the colusses.

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
Vagrant Story.

A rare gem....a solo dungeoncrawler JRPG with a dark setting and a mature, non-standard story. Seriously, this game is better than several Final Fantasies put together (especially if you're gonna put together FF VIII and X-2 lol).

If this game would be remade with a Kingdom Hearts style battle system...it would be bliss.

Natasha_LB

Jan 2, 2011
Ocarina of time, no contest. I have so many memories of playing that game when I was 7, and have replayed it so many time!! And it really does seem to still hold up today, I finally talked my Girlfriend in to playing it on the virtual console and she's loving it!! She started this morning to play for "a little bit" and has now been playing for about 4 hours, she can't put it down.

Normally I hate to watch other people play games, but I've been sat beside her the whole time (Not helping - that would ruin it) watching her play, and it's fascinating watching her figure things out for the first time. And it brings back so many memories for me.

Other possible contenders include...

Mario 64
Super Mario Bros 3
Tie fighter!!
Pokemon blue
Rouge Squadron
Timesplitters 2
Super Metroid

You can't go wrong with any of those games!!

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Gurl, my nostalgia goggles are never off. My three favourite games of all time are Tombi, MediEvil and Abe's Exoddus. Got to say, though, FFVII moves way up the classification if I purely view it through nostalgia.