Using your nostalgia glasses, what is your favorite game?

Hamish Durie

Apr 30, 2011
now that i look back at it the gameplay was kind of cra *puts on nostalgia glasses*
was a brilliant masterpeice that built on the original two games and is such an amazing game that I want.....will give it the BEST GAME EVAR seal of approval
sly 3 honour among theives

Evil Top Hat

May 21, 2011
I know it wasn't too long ago, but Oblivion was my introduction to RPGs. So many days I spent playing that game, despite it's flaws, I'd go as far as to say Oblivion was the most fun I've ever had in a game.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
Dr.Susse said:
Parasite eve I.

The first Jrgp I played and it blew my mind.
Also I like bloody hard final bosses.
[small][sub]Strike me pink that guy was a bugger[/sub][/small]
I love that game, and I've never even played it!(I really want to, but it's not available in Europe)
My own favourite game is Shenmue, with its easygoing pace, memorable characters, and subtle but gripping story.

Oct 30, 2010
With nostalgia glasses, Baldur's Gate 2.

Without nostalgia glasses, Baldur's Gate 2.

or maybe Diablo 2 with nostalgia glasses, but it is really hard to compare a ~20 hour game with hundreds of hours of game.

shadeira

May 2, 2011
always was and will always be... legend of zelda: Ocarina of time

ahhh...sunrise over hylia lake ...i will never forget

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Spyro the Dragon
Played that game so damn much and it most probably holds my record of re-plays. I want to play it again, but at the same time I don't want to ruin my nostalgia for the game, so I don't know what to do. ;_;

FolkLikePanda

Apr 15, 2009
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped is my favourite game but Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time is the best game I have played.

tabriaswolfe

Jan 25, 2010
Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy 6 for the SNES are quite visible from my nostalgia glasses, with Lufia 1 & 2, and Secret of Mana not that far away.

ediblemitten

Mar 20, 2011
Glasses on or off: AOE II (Easily one of the best strategy games of all times, the one game that got me hooked on RTS's) Super Smash Bros Melee (You will never have more party based fun than with this game.) FF7 (I recently replayed it to see if my nostalgia goggles were telling me it was more awesome that it actually is; no way, one of my favorite games of all time, with a cool storyline, a fantastic battle system, memorable characters and I would argue one of the best musical scores ever composed for a game.)

Honorable mentions:

Medieval Total War I: Unfortunately, this game doesn't really stand up to the newer installments, but it will always have a place in heart thanks to the menacing atmosphere, excellent score and hard as nails difficulty.

Call of Duty 1 (and united offensive): The singleplayer is a touch bland, but the multiplayer is fast paced and measured, while at the same time tough and requiring good aim and timing. My second favorite COD.

MrGseff

Jun 10, 2009
Euhan01 said:
Banjo Tooie, got to love that game.
I was about to go the reply box and type this very game, but as I see you share the same opinion as I....
This!

deehadley

Jul 4, 2011
Hunter on the Amiga, or Megatraveller 2, maybe Sensible Soccer, Syndicate? I just can't pick.

Jan 29, 2009
MECHWARRIOR 2!!! Omigosh, I LOVED that game! Hours were wasted stomping around in my custom-mech, blasting away baddies with impunity! It was the most fun game of my childhood, and I still play it occasionally today! There is something inherently exciting about driving a huge

You know how most kids wanted a pony or something? I wanted this.​
Also, it had the single most badass intro movie ever made
Best. Game. EVER.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
For old games, without goggles: Mario bros 3 and Mario World. I mean, I actually never played those games until around 5 or 6 years ago, but they're still peerless in their genre. They're also some of the only games that don't feel like they're limited by their technology, nothing would really be added to World by adding more pixels. You could add more to 3, but that's already been done, on the Mario all stars cart, there you go.

Nostalgia glasses on: Majora's mask. I still play it fairly often actually, it has a wonderful atmosphere.

HazelrahFiver

Oct 12, 2009
With my Nostalgia Glasses adorned, my favorite game is King's Field (2 in Japan). Exploration, medieval, monsters, treasure, leveling, weapons, armor, story, ahhhh. Plus, it's a stepping stone for my beloved Demon's Souls.

AceTrilby

Dec 24, 2008
With rose tinted specs, I'd say Mortal Kombat. But those are some blood red shades.

Without, I'd say BLACK on the PS2 - also known as 'Action Movie: The Game' - even if every gun had exactly the same power (shooting a wall always looked like someone had taken a jackhammer to it), and you just picked your favourites based on how cool they sounded and their rate of fire!

luvva

Mar 28, 2011
Instinct Blues said:
Using my nostalgia glasses the choice is very easy for me and it is Sonic 2. Easily one of the greatest games to ever grace the Sega Genesis.
AMEN.

RabbidKuriboh

Sep 19, 2010
pah nostalgia? final fantasy IX is the only flawless game i've ever played, been a couple of close contenders but there can be only one!

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
With Nostalgia glasses I'd probably say Timesplitters: Future Perfect. A great game with a fun story. I had many a fun hour in multiplayer too. I hear rumours of TS4. I don't know whether to be excited or afraid.