Uwe Boll Announces Rampage 2

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Rampage was great, as was Tunnel Rats. Uwe Boll can sometimes make good movies, just seems that his game based movies suck.

Should there be a Rampage 2? No, the first was its own one off movie. Nothing more needs to be said about it. It told its story and i dont see how a sequel could add anything else to it.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
If it ain't about Ralph, George, and Lizzie, I don't wanna hear about it.

Admit it. You'd watch this as a full-budget movie.

Vzzdak

May 7, 2010
We watched Rampage back-to-back with Taxi Driver (1976, Robert De Niro), sort of following a theme with characters having a breakdown that culminates in extreme violence. There was much better build up and establishing of motivation in Taxi Driver, whereas Rampage had a shallow, "these are the events that transpired on the day" feel. Rampage was fairly mechanical in how elements were put together. Somewhat surprising about the plot of Rampage,...

...the motivation wasn't about mental breakdown, but rather it was all a rather elaborate ruse to perform a bank robbery and convince people that the money had been burnt as a protest against capitalism amidst the killing spree.

Bug MuIdoon

Mar 28, 2013
Rampage was alright, but it was basically a copy of Falling Down. Only no where near as good.

Doubt I'll see the 2nd one and, bar the cash-cow, I can't see why it needs a sequel.

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
Im thinking the first movie, was accidentally good.

Secondly, He is going to hold up a tv station for "political views?!" he didn't have political views in the first movie, he did it for money, and to get revenge on the people in town, the guy that he framed had "political views" and that is what made him a good patsy.

I think they should use someone new, or have this be later on in his life, maybe he went back to collage, and is an outcast, so he kills all of the cliche collage people.

Shuu

Apr 23, 2013
Boll? I thought he had stopped making movies.
Wait, that didn't sound right. Let me try again.
I HOPEDhe had stopped making movies.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I'm still skeptical, but apparently even Spoony liked Rampage, and he's one of the biggest critics against Ewe Boll.

On that fence, while I can't stand Ewe Boll as a director, I've listened to an interview that shows he's actually a pretty okay guy, and some (only some) of his disasters weren't entirely his fault.

Having said that, his Tyler Perry style of shooting a full-length film in three days is a huge red flag.

Neta

Aug 22, 2013
FalloutJack said:
If it ain't about Ralph, George, and Lizzie, I don't wanna hear about it.

Admit it. You'd watch this as a full-budget movie.
I was going to say the exact same thing when I heard he'd made a film called "Rampage".

I remember Rampage from my old Atari ST, it was part of a box set of games including Wizball (one of my all-time favourite games ever) and a couple of other games I don't even remember now.

I miss my Atari ST.