Uwe Boll Nominated For Awards

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Uwe Boll Nominated For Awards

Controversial and outspoken German director Uwe Boll, famed for his relentless dedication to making awful videogame movies, has been nominated for no less than three awards. Don't worry though, it's not the harbinger of the end of days, as the awards he's been nominated for are the Razzies.

The Razzies, more properly know as the Golden Raspberry Awards, are a tongue-in-cheek counterpoint to the Oscars and are awarded to the worst actors, directors and movies of the year. Previous winners have included M. Night Shyamalan, Eddie Murphy, Lindsey Lohan and Halle Berry, who famously accepted her award for her performance in Catwoman at the 2004 ceremony.

Boll's adaptation of Gas Powered Games Dungeon Siege has been nominated in the 'Worst Picture' category and Boll himself has been nominated for 'Worst Director' and the special 'Worst Career Achievement' award.

But Boll faces stiff opposition from such luminaries, or whatever the opposite of luminaries is, as Keanu Reeves, Sylvester Stallone and M.Night Shyamalan...again.

Personally, I wish Boll the very best of luck.

Source: MTV [http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/01/06/2008-razzies-nominees-include-indy-4-paris-hilton-and-tom-cruise-how-would-you-vote/] via G4 [http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/692261/Uwe_Boll_Nominated_For_Multiple_Razzies.html]

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
There's a price for worst director now? Well, finally a prize worthy of mr. Bolls dedication. I salute thee!

I3uster

Nov 16, 2008
Kill him.
PLEASE.
Well, i hope the Halo Movie by peter jackson will be the first good game based movie.
Sure the story isnt GREAT, but its peter jackson...

Lanowar

Oct 10, 2007
Good luck to the guy he really does deserve it, I like the Razzies but its frustrating when every year the news networks think it's funny to do another story trying to explain what they are. The guy in charge must get so fed up in having to explain what his award ceremony is to the same media outlets every year.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
I think it's great that the industry is recognising those hard working awful directors. Anyone can make a bad movie, but it takes talent and dedication to make an awful film. Congratulations!

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Maybe now he will take the hint to make a game/movie that is actually decent.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
*wipes away tears* He deserves every single one of those awards. I can already imagine him on stage: I would like to thank... myself, I dedicated many years of my life for this "work"

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
JimmyBassatti said:
SomeBritishDude said:
I love the Razzies! Uwe Boll really deserves this award for his hard work.
Since when did Hard work become letting your 3 year old nephew use MS Paint and let A deaf person do the voice acting?
There arn't many deaf voice actors out their. Must have taken some searching.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
I3uster said:
Kill him.
PLEASE.
Well, i hope the Halo Movie by peter jackson will be the first good game based movie.
Sure the story isnt GREAT, but its peter jackson...
Not gonna happen. Halo's been in production hell for too long. The Warcraft movie, on the other hand, is possibly being directed by Christopher Nolan... THAT will be the first good video game movie.

More on topic, Uwe Boll deserves every award in there. A clean sweep... seriously. Who agrees?

Floodclaw

Dec 24, 2008
The very best of luck to Mr. Boll. It's about time he got publically called on his crap ;D

Jul 9, 2008
It's funny, I was at a friend's house, and we were watching some movie called "In the name of the king" because nothing else was on. Besides the fact that they cast Jason Statham to be the hero in a LotR knockoff, I noticed something was very wrong. I couldn't put my finger on it, but something was very awry. When the credits rolled (we only watched the last half-hour or so), the first thing to come up was "An Uwe Boll Film". My first thought literally was "Oh...that explains it", followed by mental laughing.