Uwe Boll Sickens With Auschwitz Movie

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Uwe Boll Sickens With Auschwitz Movie

Uwe Boll, known for terrible videogame movies, is now tackling the serious subject of Nazi concentration camps.

If Uwe Boll's movie adaptations of Schindler's List [http://www.amazon.com/Far-Cry-2-Xbox-360/dp/B001ASJIRM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1283955136&sr=8-2].

As evidenced by a new trailer available to the public, Uwe Boll has decided to change his focus from videogames to Auschwitz, a network of World War II Nazi concentration camps. All that's known of the movie is what's shown in the trailer, which looks to have a serious tone with the message of "Never Forget," though I don't think it's really pulling it off.

Boll even gave himself a part in the movie as a guard. In the trailer, he's shown standing outside of one of Auschwitz's holding rooms, as captives bang on the door. It's really disturbing and gruesome, showing the types of things that went on at Auschwitz, but if you really want to see it (NSFW, or kids, or anyone with a gentle stomach), it's viewable here [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS8E71RUOLU].

I know that quite a few people got upset when Boll took on the subject of Bloodrayne [http://www.amazon.com/BloodRayne-2-Xbox/dp/B0001ZDLE6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1283955236&sr=8-3], so I can imagine the kind of ire he'll raise with a movie about Auschwitz. It's almost insane for a man to go from directing a movie about a videogame series where a cat's anus is used as a gun silencer to one of the most horrifying atrocities of human history. Is there any chance of this movie not being terribly disrespectful, coming from Boll?

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
I...um...well...
At least he's not trying to ruin another video game movie.
This...still have me very terrified. I dislike someone who's skilled at one type of holocaust trying to cover a completely different type.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Oh goodness, say it isn't so... I mean, I'm sure Boll's a decent guy, and I've nothing against him, but didn't much like his previous works. As you can imagine, I'm a bit nervous at how he's going to tackle this delicate subject that is the Holocaust. I'll try and keep an open mind, but... I fear this may be cringe-worthy... =/

Icecoldcynic

Oct 5, 2009
Burning a baby? He's making a film where at one scene you see FLAMES on a BABY? This must be the biggest bollocked director in history.

Raziel Star

Dec 6, 2008
I for one am eager to see how Uwe portrays the Jewish Ninja resistance as they battle the otherworldly terrors that the evil Nazis have summoned.....................yea

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
He might be a terrible director, but, you know, he isn't a horrible person. And his last movie actually didn't suck.

I'm pretty sure Doctor Boll is out of his mind, but I hope he's not crazy enough to turn this subject into a platform for a horrendous torture movie.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Looks to be hoping to achieve success through shock value, as opposed to treating its subject matter respectfully. At least with Postal he attempted (and succeeded at points) to make it a parody.

Quid Plura

Apr 27, 2010
It sure is... a different movie about the Holocaust. Ah well, maybe it's the biggest wonder in the history of film... or not.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Eleima said:
I'm sure Boll's a decent guy
No. He is really not. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uwe_Boll#Critic_boxing_matches_.28Raging_Boll.29]

Do me a favour, people of the Escapist. Do not go see this movie. Do not give this prick money to continue making movies.
He's not just ruining games anymore. He is insulting the memories of everyone who suffered in concentration camps.

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
The part of this I find most intriguing in the part about the cat's anus. Does that really happen in Bloodrayne? I might have to actually play it now.

Anyway, I don't see what the fuss is about. He wants to make a gorey, gruesome film and is going to use subject matter that people are going to get riled up about for publicity. If he made a film about 11/9 would everyone be as pissed at him?

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Tom Goldman said:
Is there any chance of this movie not being terribly disrespectful, coming from Boll?
Auschwitz is fair game. He wouldn't be the first to make a B-movie about Nazi atrocities. "Ilsa, She-Wolf Of The SS" went there as did dozens of other such films from the late 60s onward, some serious, some not... in worst-case scenario this film won't be any more or less remarkable than any of those films were...

People are just anti-Boll and that's all there is to it. As a B-movie fan I think Uwe Boll's films are mostly pretty entertaining and I'm really interested to see him try his hand at something more serious. I also love the irony of him as an SS guard standing outside the showers, it's metaphorically what he's doing to all his haters just by having the audacity to release a serious film like this, and you can bet the always media-savvy Uwe is acutely aware of this, hence that scene's inclusion in the promo...

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Icecoldcynic said:
Burning a baby? He's making a film where at one scene you see FLAMES on a BABY? This must be the biggest bollocked director in history.
At school I do believe he was know as Jupiter balls and had to walked like John Wayne.

This is............ I don't know what this is. I feel like I'm looking at the devil helping a old lady across the street. Is he going to see her to the other side or is he going to bum rape her over the front bonnet of a car.

Avayu

Apr 15, 2009
I fear the worst. Up until now, Uwe Boll has just made bad movies about games. As much as most of us hate hi for this, it has at least done no real damage. But making a film about the Holocaust some kind of sick torture movie based on its shock value, and this is sadly what I expect it to be, is really just disrespectful.
Why would any half sane man do this?

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Boll's been improving as a director. I think he can tackle this.

This is also looking more like Passion of the Christ than Shindler's List if you ask me.