Valve Announces First L4D2 DLC Featuring Original Survivors

maddog015

Sep 12, 2008
shadowgaunt said:
BehattedWanderer said:
If it's a broom just to be ironic, I think I'll shit a brick.
Please let it be a broom, Valve!
Also, I was hoping to play as the original survivors in L4D2, just to hear Francis's reaction to picking up a chainsaw.
"I hate chainsaws"

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Chaossebba said:
Wiiiiiiiiie!

Any word on what/if it costs something on the PC? (maybe a stupid question)
It's valve so it's most likely free. Thanks to M$, console users get to pay.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Kollega said:
L4D survivors moved from Philadelphia to Georgia? Good, if a bit too contrived.

sirdanrhodes said:
What are the odds that the first survivors are either mutating or die in the act so Valve don't have to work on L4D1 anymore.
Considering that L4D2 is said to be set one week after the first infection, and first part is set two weeks after - or so i heard - it would create a PIME TARADOX!
Pretty sure L4D is two weeks, L4D2 is three.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Wait, so the old characters are going to be in the new L4D... Doesn't that mean that L4D2 has basically become 1 but with extra levels and weapons?

Drakulla

May 19, 2009
The L4D DCL seems to be a little lack luster in my opinion. They seem to be doing everything but creating new campaigns. Crash Course was great but too short.

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
AceDiamond said:
Random argument man said:
Francis: "I hate Ellis".
"I hate suits"
"I hate chocolate"
"I hate laser sights"
"I hate swamps"
"I hate the army, and CEDA, and riot cops..."

and of course

"I hate clowns"

Or actually knowing Valve they'd invert it so that clowns are one of the few things Francis doesn't hate.
You also forgot the most obvious one:

"I hate crossovers."

For shame, Ace. For shame...

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
AWESOME!!! I kind of thought valve was going to do this from the beginning buy w/e.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
sgtshock said:
Awww, I totally thought of this before, but never posted it. I wish I had, for the bragging rights.
Still, this is awesome. I wonder if it'll come out for L4D1 and L4D2, keeping their promise of L4D2 post-release content for L4D1, or maybe even letting players with one game play with players in the other. (although I wonder how they'll handle new special infected in L4D1).
Oooo, like a tv series crossover! Do a followup for L4D where like Rochelle is in a campaign with the original 4. Pre-No Mercy even. (Since she is originally from Ohio, which isn't far from Pennsylvania)
MR T3D said:
ANNNDD i bet it'll still just be 8 players, as two TEAMS of survivors co-competing to finish a level congruently, occasionally working together for common obsticles
Actually coop competition sounds fun. I've tried a number of times to get players together to partner up and then each team goes leroy jenkins. Last pair to the saferoom is hunter-chow, or tank-pancake, or witch-slaw, or smok...no, I won't go there.
And yes, my vote for The Reaper!

Gingerman

Aug 20, 2009
Meh I'll probably just get this for the extra campaign, as long as I get to play as Uncle Phil then I'm a happy survivor

Mantonio

Apr 15, 2009
As long as they include more dialogue, and make the story (or what L4D2 has of it) as interesting as possible, then it should be okay.

Kelethor

Jun 24, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Dommyboy said:
Valve realized that barely anybody likes the new characters as much as the originals.
Speak for yourself.
"I ever tell you about that time I met up with these four guys from the North? now they wasn't zombies, they were normal people, like us. one of them had a vest, A REAL VEST! and this one girl, she was real purty, but she was a college girl so I knew she wouldn't like me. then there was one really old guy, carrying around brooms and Shit...I don't think he really knew what he was doing, and this other guy!-

"We ain't got time for this Ellis"

"okay..."

Best, crossover, ever.

MissShortosity

Dec 11, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Kollega said:
L4D survivors moved from Philadelphia to Georgia? Good, if a bit too contrived.

sirdanrhodes said:
What are the odds that the first survivors are either mutating or die in the act so Valve don't have to work on L4D1 anymore.
Considering that L4D2 is said to be set one week after the first infection, and first part is set two weeks after - or so i heard - it would create a PIME TARADOX!
Pretty sure L4D is two weeks, L4D2 is three.
Regardless of any 'pime taradox', the original 4 were immune to the zombie virus - hence why they could be bitten and scratched by the undead and still remain human. Unfortunately, medpacs do NOT prevent zombification