Valve Becomes the New March Mayhem: Developer's Showdown Champion

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
Great news! Valve is the perfect example of a game developer embracing what it means to still be successful in 2010 - they respect and provide for their community in a way few other companies do. This, more than any DRM, is what makes me regard their products as actually worth my money, because I know that I'll be regarded as something slightly more than an ADD-afflicted wallet.

R4di4ti0n.

Sep 11, 2009
brodie21 said:
R4di4ti0n. said:
brodie21 said:
bioware should have won. valve only released one game last year and bioware released two great games.
But valve released an entire games worth of content as DLC for free in their games. Best community support out there.
better than the entire game of mass effect 2? for that matter, why are they futzing around with DLC when they could be working on the next half life? what's with that?
Because they want to continue to make their great games even better while they work on all of their other projects. Valve is not a company who needs to overflow the market and rape our wallets with sequel after sequel. HL:Ep3 will get here soon enough, and HL3 sometime after that, but until then ill continue to sink hundreds of hours into TF2 and L4D.

And as far as ME2... other than the dumbed down RPG mechanics, the tedious and fruitless planet scanning, and the constant crashes and clipping bugs it was a great game.

R4di4ti0n.

Sep 11, 2009
MaxChaos said:
Great news! Valve is the perfect example of a game developer embracing what it means to still be successful in 2010 - they respect and provide for their community in a way few other companies do. This, more than any DRM, is what makes me regard their products as actually worth my money, because I know that I'll be regarded as something slightly more than an ADD-afflicted wallet.
Steam is DRM. Dont let them fool you.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Oh nice.
Personally I voted for Bioware, but Valve are a great dev, so I'm happy to see them get the win.

Either way,
Anyone But Zynga

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
brodie21 said:
bioware should have won. valve only released one game last year and bioware released two great games.
How does the number of games they released last year affect the quality of their games overall?

OT: I didn't vote as I couldn't choose, but given that Valve have some of the best games on the market, Steam (those fucking sales!) and the Source engine - as well as having the balls to back the PC community at every corner - they were worthy winners.

dekkarax

Apr 3, 2008
Whelp, my final bracket score was a measly 53, mostly because I picked companies I wanted to win, and also because of Zynga.

Alpha Centauri

Sep 7, 2009
wewt! Valve! But serriously I coun't decid on who to vote for, so I fliped a coin, and so i voted for vavle.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
If you listen carefully.. you can hear Shanks screaming in orgasm.

Im happy Valve won, they deserved it!

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Hmm... I think the format of this thread is messed up...

But that's good. They've been deserving of a win three years straight and they almost lost it twice this year. Honestly, this was a good run and I wouldn't have been disappointed if BioWare one. They're both good companies. Congratulations to Valve.

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
That was a ridiculously close matchup, although I'm glad VALVe won.

Congrats are in order to both though.

Chechosaurus

Jul 20, 2008
Two of my favourite developers in the final and I spent ages deciding who to vote for. I'm glad it was close. Both are really deserving.

Rathy

Aug 21, 2008
Voted for Bioware, but I could care less who came out on top. Both are awesome developers, so there are no problems on my end. Heres hoping for a Steam sale.

Cap'n Haddock

Jul 28, 2009
derp.

I would feel more friendly towards Bioware if they decided to do more cool stuff with DLC like Valve does, and ditch EA.

TheRealGoochman

Apr 7, 2010
Although Valve won (my Bioware fanboyness sheds a lone tear) it greatly deserved its victory. It is a fine company (though Steam can still suck it) and HL2 and Day of Defeat are 2 of my favorite FPS' ever.

HUGE GRATS Valve.......keep on crowbarin

PS
Good fight fellow Biowarers next year....next year

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
I was going for Bioware all the way but at least Zynga was shot down...

Good job Valve...