Valve Greenlights 100 New Titles

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
RaikuFA said:
Legend of Iya

One of the only games I backed through Kickstarter. It reached it's goal by a nose. Now it's being released on Steam? Oh happy days. It's a Metroidvania with Secret of Mana esque art style.

Yes, that is a elephant with gatling guns for tusks at 1:50.
... How have I not heard of this before? Barring something extreme, this is a day one purchase for me.

Filiecs

May 24, 2011
Sweet, Escape Goat got Greenlit!
Still no Full Bore or Assault Android Cactus, though.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
major_chaos said:
RaikuFA said:
Legend of Iya

One of the only games I backed through Kickstarter. It reached it's goal by a nose. Now it's being released on Steam? Oh happy days. It's a Metroidvania with Secret of Mana esque art style.

Yes, that is a elephant with gatling guns for tusks at 1:50.
... How have I not heard of this before? Barring something extreme, this is a day one purchase for me.
Makes it even more awesome that it's all from one guy. There's also a demo out.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Some very nice looking titles on that list. My personal favourite from what I've seen so far has to be Delver's Drop. Ir's going to be a happy day when that actually gets released. :)

I do find it sad that getting on Steam is pretty much a requirement for success as a PC developer, and the GreenLight system is broken garbage, but that doesn't mean no good comes out of it.

SSJBlastoise

Dec 20, 2012
Vie said:
Andy Chalk said:
Valve Greenlights 100 New Titles
Automation: The Car Company Tycoon Game
Hell yes, those guys have been sticking this out since the beginning of Greenlight!

What? I'm a car nerd with a penchant for designing my own cars and running a car company, sue me.
Seems like I'm not the only fan of the game on here :p

It is a pretty fun game to mess around with and it's good to see it finally greenlighted (greenlit? i dunno lol). If you're a fan of cars I suggest you check it out.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Oh, hey, Flightless. Glad to see that one.

Otherwise, can't say I've heard of a lot of these, but it might be worth checking out.

And always remember children: Nothing can be as bad as Xbox Live Indie Games

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
Sam Lowry said:
What a mess.
How so?
Maybe due to the fact that the majority of games of each Greenlight batch have yet to be on Steam even though most of them are done.

This is good news but Steam and the developers still have major issue with releasing the games after they've been Greenlit/

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
ScrabbitRabbit said:
I'm really looking forward to Freedom Planet. It's like a cross between old-school Sonic and Rocket Knight Adventures. THe demo suggests it might possibly my favourite indie platformer ever, when it comes out.
Yeah, I'm glad that one got the go ahead. The demo was pretty fun, though I hope they'll be able to fix some of the more sticky control issues.

That and Shantae are the only ones I recognized that I cared about, though. Sad that Cloudbuilt didn't show up, I saw that the other day and it looks gorram glorious.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Paranautical Activity
Megabyte Punch
Toribash
Teslagrad

Awesome.

Shadow of the Immortals?
Why Greenlight a game that's failed its Kickstarter twice?

Ah well, guess you can't get it right all of the time.

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
shrekfan246 said:
That and Shantae are the only ones I recognized that I cared about, though. Sad that Cloudbuilt didn't show up, I saw that the other day and it looks gorram glorious.

How have I not heard of this? It looks amazing!

ZakCanard

Anas Charisma
Oct 17, 2007
Glad to see there's good news at last for Renegade Kid, Mutant Mudds should've been in the first batch Greenlit last year.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Filiecs said:
Sweet, Escape Goat got Greenlit!
Still no Full Bore or Assault Android Cactus, though.
Assault Android Cactus is on Steam through Early Access.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250110/

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Glad to see Toribash got greenlit, don't really care for any of the others.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
AzrealMaximillion said:
Andy Chalk said:
Sam Lowry said:
What a mess.
How so?
Maybe due to the fact that the majority of games of each Greenlight batch have yet to be on Steam even though most of them are done.

This is good news but Steam and the developers still have major issue with releasing the games after they've been Greenlit/
The ratio of unreleased greenlights against actual releases to was less than 2 to 1 before the 100 dropped.

Part of the reason for all those unreleased games is due to Kickstarter. I know of at least 6 games that received enough votes to pass Greenlight despite the Kickstarter in question still running. And there is one game (Death Inc) whose kickstarter failed but was greenlit anyway.

Yes Greenlight is a pretty crap way of choosing games, but don't blame Devs who want a confirmed slot on Steam before taking the plunge.

porous_shield

Jan 25, 2012
I just noticed that Gray Matter's publisher DTP Entertainment filed for bankruptcy a while ago and another of their games (Venetica) has been greenlit for months now and still isn't on Steam.

So they manage to get two games Greenlit and the games may never be on Steam when there must be people tearing their hair out hoping to get their beloved creations greenlit.

Leftnt Sharpe

Nick Furry
Apr 2, 2009
Good that Warmachine: Tactics got Greenlight, really looking forward to that one having backed the Kickstarter.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Ed130 said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
Andy Chalk said:
Sam Lowry said:
What a mess.
How so?

The ratio of unreleased greenlights against actual releases to was less than 2 to 1 before the 100 dropped.

Part of the reason for all those unreleased games is due to Kickstarter. I know of at least 6 games that received enough votes to pass Greenlight despite the Kickstarter in question still running. And there is one game (Death Inc) whose kickstarter failed but was greenlit anyway.

Yes Greenlight is a pretty crap way of choosing games, but don't blame Devs who want a confirmed slot on Steam before taking the plunge.
That's why I said Valve and the developers have issues. Most times its Valve choosing to Greenlight games that have already failed their Kickstarter (Project Awakened, Shadows of the Immortals), Valve choosing to Greenlight games that are done and then dragging their feet with an actual release, or very few times its the developers taking a stupidly long time to fix up their game after they've told people that it was finished.