Valve Greenlights 21 More Titles

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Valve Greenlights 21 More Titles

The latest Greenlight picks include some indie darlings, retail re-releases and the sequel to a notorious Mario knock-off.

Valve has announced the next batch of Greenlight titles that'll be making their way to Steam in the coming months. Originally, only 10 games were going to be given the go-ahead, but due to the high number of submissions and the ship dates of many of the top-ranking titles, Valve has elected to up the number to 21.

They are as follows:

Afterfall InSanity Extended Edition
AirBuccaneers
Blockscape
Contrast
Fly'n
Folk Tale
Forge
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (Project Giana)
Gnomoria
Interstellar Marines
Lost Story: The Last Days of Earth
Miasmata
Miner Wars 2081
NEOTOKYO
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Perpetuum
POSTAL 2 COMPLETE
Secrets of Grindea
The Intruder
The Stanley Parable: HD Remix
Yogventures!

So, kind of a mixed bag. The public has decided that Postal 2 and Afterfall deserve another shot despite their previous critical drubbings. First-person survival sim, Miasmata [http://www.ionfx.com/product_pc_Miasmata.php], seems like exactly the kind of thing gamers have been clamoring for since the release of DayZ. Miner Wars 2081 is described as a "single player story game and MMO" and appears to play like a modern-day Descent. The Stanley Parable is pretty much Dear Esther with a sense of humor. Most interesting, however, is Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams. The successfully Kickstarted platformer is a sequel to The Great Giana Sisters [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Giana_Sisters], a notorious Mario knock-off from the Amstrad era.

Source: Steam [http://steamcommunity.com/games/765/announcements/detail/1320937763755446194]

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I've only played "Giana Sisters" on the DS, and it was a fun little game, so I'm kind of interested in seeing this new/old/whatever version.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Fuck Yeah! Octodad!

That game is awesome... I remember playing the beta I think a while back... it was pretty fun...<.<

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
Describing the Stanley Parable as "Dear Esther with a sense of humor" is selling it criminally short. I found it to be a very clever satire of choice in video games, as well as games in general, and I am very excited for the expansion/remake.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Sirisaxman said:
I'm glad to see Postal 2 got the go ahead.
For the love of god tell me that was sarcasm.

OT: a VERY mixed bag this one, Secrets of Grindea looks interesting the rest range from being nothing I care about personally to making me think "what the fuck is wrong with you people?" I'm also kinda pissed that Salvation Prophecy, Inquisitor, and Shantae: Risky's Revenge have gotten in yet. (seriously go vote for Salvation Prophecy its amazing)

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
YES!
Contrast is on the list :D
This has made my day...

Also, isn't Postal 2 supposed to be absolutely terrible in every way?
Obviously some people like it I guess.

mariofan1000

Sep 25, 2009
Postal 2 is horrible yet awesome.

And the world needs more 2D sidescrollers, so I'm down with Project Giana

JSoup

Jun 14, 2012
Awesome, I was hoping Secrets of Grindea would get greenlit.

mariofan1000 said:
The trailer I just watched suggested that Giana Sisters isn't 2D, but is a sidescroller.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Yay for Interstellar Marines. Following that Project ever since I heard of it. Looks awesome.
For the new Giana Sisters, well I might have gotten it anyway, it just makes it more convinient that it's on Steam (Also, it was kinda obvious it would end up there)

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
... Isn't Dear Esther the Stanley Parable without the sense of humor? Because the Stanley Parable came first.

Sirisaxman

Jun 8, 2008
major_chaos said:
Sirisaxman said:
I'm glad to see Postal 2 got the go ahead.
For the love of god tell me that was sarcasm.

OT: a VERY mixed bag this one, Secrets of Grindea looks interesting the rest range from being nothing I care about personally to making me think "what the fuck is wrong with you people?" I'm also kinda pissed that Salvation Prophecy, Inquisitor, and Shantae: Risky's Revenge have gotten in yet. (seriously go vote for Salvation Prophecy its amazing)
Nope. I guess I'm one of those weirdos that enjoyed it. I totally understand why many people don't like it though.

Differing opinions, I suppose. *Shrugs*

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Tanis said:
I've only played "Giana Sisters" on the DS, and it was a fun little game, so I'm kind of interested in seeing this new/old/whatever version.
It's very different than the DS version, which was basically the C64 version with a graphical upgrade and a difficulty downgrade. Still, a two-level demo of the new one is available.

http://project-giana.com/download/

Torrent should work, a few of us are still seeding it. Also, get the patch. It's called the XP patch but it's got fixes for all versions of Windows.

Being an early demo, it's a bit buggy (it's possible to pass through the world geometry in a few places or if you get up enough speed). But it's pretty stable.

(Us backers will be getting a far newer preview today, hehe.:)

mariofan1000

Sep 25, 2009
JSoup said:
Awesome, I was hoping Secrets of Grindea would get greenlit.

mariofan1000 said:
The trailer I just watched suggested that Giana Sisters isn't 2D, but is a sidescroller.
2.5D/3.2D or such.

piclemaniscool

Dec 19, 2008
Nobody is going to complain about Minecraft clones? Well, because I'm so generous, I'll pitch in. Blockscape is a straight up Minecraft clone, and Yogventures isn't too far from it. I am however looking forward to Octodad and Miner Wars 2081. I do love mining games, but only when they're not riding the wave of another's game.