Valve Offers Steamy Left 4 Dead Pre-order

Nathan Meunier

Nov 19, 2007
Valve Offers Steamy Left 4 Dead Pre-order

Pre-order this zombie-killer on Steam and get brain-eating goodness at a discount.

Who doesn't like sweet, delicious bbbbrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnsss? PC gamers planning to pick up Valve's forthcoming zombie infested bloodbath next month can exercise their gray matter now, by pre-ordering the cooperative survival shooter on Steam to save a few bucks. Yesterday, Valve announced anyone pre-purchasing Left 4 Dead on Steam [http://store.steampowered.com/] will receive a 10 percent discount. Similar deals are already being offered for pre-ordering the retail PC and Xbox 360 versions of the game.

Despite the current state of economic unrest and concern across the industry for game sales this holiday season, Valve's marketing VP Doug Lombardi paints a rosy picture of pre-orders among gamers looking forward to the next level in interactive co-op zombie slaying.

"With just over four weeks until launch, Left 4 Dead is showing every sign of topping The Orange Box on both the PC and Xbox 360, at retail as well as on Steam," Lombardi said in a press statement. "Our pre-sell numbers at retail have jumped to over 65% greater than Orange Box at the same proximity to launch, and we're seeing tremendous enthusiasm for the product in what promises to be another great year for gaming on both platforms."

Valve's new franchise aims to satiate zombie survival horror enthusiasts itching for a robust singe player, multiplayer and co-op experience. The zombie infestation spreads onto Steam, PC, and the Xbox 360 on Nov. 18. Will you count yourself among the living, the dead, or the undead?

axia777

Oct 10, 2008
PS3 Gabe!!!

Valve are so dumb. Millions of people own PS3's and many of those would buy Left 4 Dead. Just do not leave it up to EA after the embarrassing Orange Box. It was good, but not great. Valve makes it great, not good.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Wow... I think this is one of the first times I've seen a pre-order deal include a discount instead of some useless poster or something.

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
Already nabbed it off of Steam yesterday. Now I just need to wait until November...

Oh, and xitel, Steam regularly offers games on pre-order at a discount. That's how I bought Audiosurf, actually. I'm pretty sure that one of the main reasons is that you can't send someone a useless poster through a broadband connection, or at least not easily.

BishopOfBattle

Jul 14, 2008
xitel post=7.74181.824947 said:
I think this is one of the first times I've seen a pre-order deal include a discount...
A lot of games offerred for sale on Steam include a discount during pre-order, though its nice to see they're extending this same offer to boxed/console copies as well.

The real question is, honestly, who didn't already have it pre-ordered one way or another? ^_~

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
BishopOfBattle post=7.74181.824987 said:
xitel post=7.74181.824947 said:
I think this is one of the first times I've seen a pre-order deal include a discount...
A lot of games offerred for sale on Steam include a discount during pre-order, though its nice to see they're extending this same offer to boxed/console copies as well.

The real question is, honestly, who didn't already have it pre-ordered one way or another? ^_~
I don't have it pre-ordered, because a) I'm not a big fan of zombie games, and b) I don't normally pre-order games because I'm not a fan of useless swag.

Rooster Cogburn

May 24, 2008
I haven't pre-ordered yet, because I'm not sure which platform I'm going with. It's funny, but I can't shake the feeling that I'm cheating Valve by not pre-ordering... Its as if I've failed to return a favor...

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Melaisis post=7.74181.825828 said:
Alas, I'd better start playing ZPS more whilst other people are still on it!
Don't be in denial - you know you want it. Assuming the brainwashing worked that is.

Volucer

Sep 4, 2008
I just pre-ordered it over steam. Where I live it means that I can get it 3 days sooner and for £5 cheaper than if I got it in the shops or online.