Valve Says "Hang In There" For Half-Life 2: Episode 3

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
I want. So bad. But will wait until Portal 2's release. Wanna see if any key characters from Half Life turn up, but I am seriously doubting it. Might be a reference to Half Life on a test chamber's walls or something, but I'm not holding out for any references.

The three big announcements by Valve, though...one could easily be Half Life 2 Episode 3's trailer, screenshots, or even release date. It wouldn't surprise me if Valve turned around and said 'It's out next week'.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
still not done with that ? i'd kinda forgotten about it, but then, with ok-ing side crap like this

http://vindictus.nexon.net/News/Content.aspx?boardNo=200&contentNo=00BmP&pageIndex=1
seirusly, if i wanted TF2 or portal in my MMO i'd play TF2, and yes, they did 'the cake is a lie' bit -.- *grouns*

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
How funny would it be if at E3 they just showed the words Episode 3 to taunt us, then 3-4 months later release a full length game just called Half-Life: Episode 3(not HL2: ep3), revealing that we actually got two prologues into the very final full length chapter?

EagleShard

Mar 15, 2010
Gxas said:
I'll bet they're making a new engine for it.

Speaking of which, I (finally) just finished Portal the other day. I must be one of the only people ever who finds the Source engine extremely clunky and nearly unplayable...
Yes, you are the only person :p. For me, source is the only truly seamless engine I've ever played on.
I think it would be awesome if Valve had kept Episode 3 production under wraps the whole time, and then one day BAM, huge full Steam store page spread and internet explosion..
Completley not happening, but awesome.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
The only reason they would even bother with Episode 3 at this point is because they know about the demand for the game. I still haven't even played all the way through Ep 2.

Falsename

Oct 28, 2010
Well... it's now a year on and we're sick of 'hanging in there'.

We've been hanging for a year for news... didn't something happen where we tried to play the game for more information... or something?

My arms are getting really freaking tired but you know... whatever. Hanging in there, still.

nyttyn

Sep 9, 2008
Falsename said:
Well... it's now a year on and we're sick of 'hanging in there'.

We've been hanging for a year for news... didn't something happen where we tried to play the game for more information... or something?

My arms are getting really freaking tired but you know... whatever. Hanging in there, still.

BEGONE FROM THIS HOST, FOUL NECROMANCER!

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
They just said they're planning on continuing Gordon's adventures, so obviously they're making a dating sim where you play as Gordon and try to get the heart of either Alix, Chell, Glados, or Barry.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
The entirety of the internet cried out in unison for this game... I dread the day when the game finally comes out and it doesn't live up to everyone's expectations... x.x;

edit: Wait a minute, why did this show up on my front page? I just now noticed that the original posts were from 2011... o.0;

Darknacht

May 13, 2009
snowfox said:
The entirety of the internet cried out in unison for this game... I dread the day when the game finally comes out and it doesn't live up to everyone's expectations... x.x;
Half-Life Forever, followed by Half-Life Forever ep 1 and ep 2. We will never get to 3, damn gully dwarves.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Yet another "Valve employee says Half-Life will continue" story: this is news?