Valve Squeeze More Juice From The Orange Box

Feb 13, 2008
Valve Squeeze More Juice From The Orange Box

Still haven't got the Orange Box? Well, no more excuses: Over the weekend it's down to a measly $9.99.

What is there to say about the Orange Box that hasn't already been said [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/10-The-Orange-Box]? Not a great deal actually, but just in case you have been under house arrest in City 17 [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locations_of_Half-Life#City_17] for the last 18 months, here's a brief run down.

Half Life 2: The further adventures of everyone's favorite mute nerd taking on the might of the Combine army with his trusty crowbar.
Half Life 2 Episode 1: The escape from the Combine army with the delectable Alyx.
Half Life 2 Episode 2: The Combine army catch up again and leave you with one of the more shocking endings you'll ever get to see.
Team Fortress 2: One of the most well balanced, team based, frag-'em-ups ever released.
Portal: A first person puzzler that is simply sublime, with one of the most monstrous opponents you will ever face.

Each of these games are worth double the asking price, and you get all five for ten dollars.

Go on, treat yourself. Celebrate the 48th anniversary of the patent of the integrated circuit. More information at www.steamgames.com, PC owners.

HeartAttackBob

Sep 11, 2008
I suspect that Valve is doing it because they're gearing up for an Episode 3 Box of some sort. Maybe it will be the Green Box, and include Left 4 Dead. Naturally, they'll have to include all the previous episodes and HL2.

While the "money=food" voice in my brain is telling me to wait for that upcoming package, pricing the orange box at ten dollars is practically giving those games away, and I would be a fool to pass up such a golden opportunity... right?

Well played Valve, well played.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I would get it if my FUCKING PC WASN'T A PILE OF CRAP!!

*sigh* at times like these I wish I didn't have a Dell computer that has an intergrated graphics card that I cannot switch out...

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
It actually makes me kinda sad.....I bought it for $20 so I got a nice deal, but I feel like Valve is not getting enough money for their hard work.

*rereads post*

O_O

Damn you Valve.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Jumplion said:

*sigh* at times like these I wish I didn't have a Dell computer that has an intergrated graphics card that I cannot switch out...
You can still just add it to your account and get one of those $500 gaming rigs when you can. A friend of mine is planning to do just that soon enough.

Wilcroft

Oct 31, 2008
This is great. I just finished HL1 after a buddy of mine convinced me to try it after digging it up from my basement. I was looking into Orange Box for HL2 and Portal, and here they are for pennies!

Thank You Valve!

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
"Still haven't got the Orange Box? Well, no more excuses: Over the weekend it's down to a measly $9.99."

Hang on one second! Are you telling me that I spent $30.00 on the Orange Box just a few days ago, just to have the Price reduce to $9.99? That's so unlucky for me....

/facepalm

Flukey

Feb 17, 2009
Technically, I already have the orange box... but that's for my 360, which i don't have at uni, and so now I'm a bit deprived of my gaming needs. I'm definitely getting this now while it's cheaper than a decent meal... plus will provide many many more hours of enjoyment

Plus I can play team fortress without renewing xbox live gold!

It's too good to be true...

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
Is it bad that I only really want this so I can have access to things for Gmod that require models and materiel form Ep1 and 2? I already have the orange box for 360, and although I meet minimum system requirements for the game I don't know how well it will run.

Feb 13, 2008
Jumplion said:

Buy it now, upgrade your PC and then play it ;)

wasalp

Dec 22, 2008
HeartAttackBob said:
I suspect that Valve is doing it because they're gearing up for an Episode 3 Box of some sort. Maybe it will be the Green Box, and include Left 4 Dead. Naturally, they'll have to include all the previous episodes and HL2.

While the "money=food" voice in my brain is telling me to wait for that upcoming package, pricing the orange box at ten dollars is practically giving those games away, and I would be a fool to pass up such a golden opportunity... right?

Well played Valve, well played.

Actually a large tf2 patch is coming up and they often have these specials right before it is released

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
Jumplion said:

Buy it, then when you upgrade you can just play it then. Dude I'm playing it on an 08 Macbook (with integrated graphics) and it runs ok on lowest settings.
EDIT:Damn ninja'd

Daye.04

Proud Escaperino
Feb 9, 2009
I remember a time. A while back. A time where I was confronted with this box. And I thought "Allright. What we got here? We've got half-life. Sure. Sounds good. And some odd-looking sign-game. Meh. That can't be any fun. And a cartoon-looking big guy. Probably boring. I won't buy this box, that's for sure."

I am very happy that I bought "Valve Complete Pack" instead. And so later on, I decided to try this "portal". I don't know where I'd been if I had'nt tried it. And just lately I lookied into this "TF2". Why oh why didn't I download it and play it while I was home? Now I have to wait 2 aggonizing months before I can even try it -.-

And the L4D survival pack? Damn it. It would be just my luck if they released episode 3 right after I leave for the vessel. Or Max Payne 3 right after I enter the vessel -.-

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
ARGH!

At that price, I have to get it. No excuses.

Problem is, I won't have my new computer for a few more weeks after that.

ARGH!

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
Contun said:
"Still haven't got the Orange Box? Well, no more excuses: Over the weekend it's down to a measly $9.99."

Hang on one second! Are you telling me that I spent $30.00 on the Orange Box just a few days ago, just to have the Price reduce to $9.99? That's so unlucky for me....

/facepalm
I bought it for $50 when it first came out for the PC.
Then again for $20 for the 360.
I'm contemplating whether or not I should make a new steam account and buy it for a third time.

It's that good of a deal...