Valve Teases TF2 Demoman and Soldier Updates

Over_Krill

Nov 16, 2009
The Kangaroo said:
Over_Krill said:
Microsoft makes you pay to play on line they would not lose any money thats for sure and valve release them for free and you do not have to pay for steam its just greed and nothing else why are you trying to defend Microsoft.
All I am trying to do is to try and prevent everyone painting Microsoft with the greed brush and may I remind everyone that Valve has released paid DLC to Portal and L4D so why not TF2?
Becauese the updates are large and the 360 has a small hard drive and the over all weapon up dates. The updates have not finished they are more like mirco updates content wise not large ones.

I think Microsoft do a good enough effort to paint them selves with the greed brush they do not need much help in that area.

What elvor0 said is the main reason

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
My stupid theory:

Engineer gets updated instead of Soldier and Demoman. The competition is to see who can blow up the most engineer buildings during the first few days of the update. Whoever blows up the most will be updated next. This will encourage players to keep playing as Soldier and Demoman to counter the large number of Engineers this update will create.

Pielikey

Jul 31, 2009
DeadlyYellow said:
I'm more interested in another "Meet the" movie.
I made a bet that if the Next Meet The Team movie is The Pyro that I would buy Modern Warfare 2 for the full 60 dollars (Instead of waiting for a sale like planned), So I'm hoping for the Medic.

Although it's probably going to be medic, because meet the pyro would be infeasible...

Right?...RIGHT?...I may have made the wrong bet.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
I just got my 'fro ready and groomed for this.

+ My airblast is going to be happy to throw all the nades and rockets back at you achievement whores.

data_not_found

Nov 12, 2008
BOOO! Valve hates college students because they keep making this awesome game updates but my dorm's internet is too slow (30k, if you can believe it) to play online games!

(sulks)

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Pielikey said:
DeadlyYellow said:
I'm more interested in another "Meet the" movie.
I made a bet that if the Next Meet The Team movie is The Pyro that I would buy Modern Warfare 2 for the full 60 dollars (Instead of waiting for a sale like planned), So I'm hoping for the Medic.

Although it's probably going to be medic, because meet the pyro would be infeasible...

Right?...RIGHT?...I may have made the wrong bet.
It would be a fairly safe presumption that they would save the pyro for last. Why else would they keep playing the mystery out?

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
I can't really see how they are going to replace the rocket launcher and both of the demoman's weapons with something that is fair and not broken. Everything else I can see getting updated.

whyarecarrots

Nov 19, 2008
On the subject of the possible new game-mode suggested by the voice clips, I'm thinking that they may try and do something similar to the UT3 gametype betrayal. Betrayal is basically an instagib free for all, with players randomly teamed with another player: the secondary fire on their gun kills their team-mate. Each kill a member of the team makes gets added to a pot, and this pot will keep growing as long as the team keeps working together. If you kill your team-mate you get all the points in the pot. However, if your team-mate then kills you again within the next 30 seconds he gets a large number of points. The trick therefore is to wait long enough to get a good number of kills in the pot, because if you kill your team-mate too early there;s a chance you'll gift him a lot more points than you made by allowing him to get revenge.

The summary of this is basically that I think Valve may be introducing a free-for-all game in which you are randomly teamed with another player, can rack up points together, but can also betray your team-mate to gain the points you've gained together. Of course, I could be completely wrong.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Rusty Bucket said:
Over_Krill said:
cball11 said:
Well, son of a *****. This is gonna be sweeeeeet.

Oh wait, no it won't, because XLIVE DOESN'T GET THE FUCKING UPDATES.

God DAMMIT, I hate that.
Blame Microsoft not valve. Valve want to release them for free but Microsoft does not.
Shame on you Microsoft you should give the people on xbox live the updates.
No, for the love of god no. This is not Microsoft's fault. Valve are well aware (or should be) about MS's policies about DLC and updates. No other developer had problems with it, just Valve. The fact is that Valve released a half finished and thoroughly broken game that frankly shouldn't have made it through certification, and now they want to finish it for free. It doesn't work like that, it never has. And to be honest, the game is pretty much dead thanks to Valve totally ignoring it, so there's no way to realease the updates without splitting the already tiny player base and ruining the game even more.
Wait a minute... wait a minute... just... just wait.

Are you actually saying that you would RATHER pay for updates (be they fixes, or extra content)? You're actually berating Valve for wanting to give people content for free? And defending Microsoft because they insist on finding a way to make a profit on something that Valve would rather be a free service?

Honestly, I have never seen such an asinine butt-kissing before. You may as well just lay yourself at Bill Gates' front door so he can wipe his feet on your face when he gets home.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
WhiteTigerShiro said:
Rusty Bucket said:
Over_Krill said:
cball11 said:

God DAMMIT, I hate that.
Blame Microsoft not valve. Valve want to release them for free but Microsoft does not.
No, for the love of god no. This is not Microsoft's fault. Valve are well aware (or should be) about MS's policies about DLC and updates. No other developer had problems with it, just Valve. The fact is that Valve released a half finished and thoroughly broken game that frankly shouldn't have made it through certification, and now they want to finish it for free. It doesn't work like that, it never has. And to be honest, the game is pretty much dead thanks to Valve totally ignoring it, so there's no way to realease the updates without splitting the already tiny player base and ruining the game even more.

Are you actually saying that you would RATHER pay for updates (be they fixes, or extra content)? You're actually berating Valve for wanting to give people content for free? And defending Microsoft because they insist on finding a way to make a profit on something that Valve would rather be a free service?

Honestly, I have never seen such an asinine butt-kissing before. You may as well just lay yourself at Bill Gates' front door so he can wipe his feet on your face when he gets home.
Jesus christ, do you have any idea what's happening? I don't entirely agree with Microsoft's business model, but that's tough, that's how it is. Valve have said they don't want to charge, which is great, but they have to, again, that's the way the world works. Instead, they've decided not to give them to us at all. They've lied to us more than once and have now just decided to ignore s completely. Maybe I was a bit harsh, but I'm frustrated at the entire thing, and it annoys me when people dump the entire thing at Microsoft's feet, as though they're purposefully denying us the updates, just out of spite. If the updates aren't here, it's because Valve haven't released them, not because MS are being dicks.

And fucking hell, will people stop attacking me for this? I say one negative thing about Valve and I get fucking crucified by half this damn community. This has happened before, apparently Valve are the second fucking coming of christ or something. They are not perfect. At all. But apparently you're not allowed to suggest that about this site's lord and master.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Rusty Bucket said:
WhiteTigerShiro said:
Rusty Bucket said:
Over_Krill said:
cball11 said:

God DAMMIT, I hate that.

Jesus christ, do you have any idea what's happening? I don't entirely agree with Microsoft's business model, but that's tough, that's how it is. Valve have said they don't want to charge, which is great, but they have to, again, that's the way the world works. Instead, they've decided not to give them to us at all. They've lied to us more than once and have now just decided to ignore s completely. Maybe I was a bit harsh, but I'm frustrated at the entire thing, and it annoys me when people dump the entire thing at Microsoft's feet, as though they're purposefully denying us the updates, just out of spite. If the updates aren't here, it's because Valve haven't released them, not because MS are being dicks.

And fucking hell, will people stop attacking me for this? I say one negative thing about Valve and I get fucking crucified by half this damn community. This has happened before, apparently Valve are the second fucking coming of christ or something. They are not perfect. At all. But apparently you're not allowed to suggest that about this site's lord and master.

I can understand where this guy is coming from. It's frustrating to see PC gamers getting all of these updates while they get none. You can blame the whole thing on Microsoft, but are they really at fault? They are a business trying to make money, and providing these updates for free would result in them losing money. It's nice that Valve wants to give 360 players free content, but at this point it's clear that Microsoft won't budge. Meanwhile Valve continues to keep their 360 fans in the dark by withholding the content. I say both companies are screwing over the consumer in this situation.

WinkyTheGreat said:
I'd rather they tease Half Life 2 Episode 3...
Just because it's a topic about a Valve game doesn't mean you should bring up Episode 3. It's completely unnecessary.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
Rusty Bucket said:
WhiteTigerShiro said:
Rusty Bucket said:
Over_Krill said:
cball11 said:

God DAMMIT, I hate that.

I can understand where this guy is coming from. It's frustrating to see PC gamers getting all of these updates while they get none. You can blame the whole thing on Microsoft, but are they really at fault? They are a business trying to make money, and providing these updates for free would result in them losing money. It's nice that Valve wants to give 360 players free content, but at this point it's clear that Microsoft won't budge. Meanwhile Valve continues to keep their 360 fans in the dark by withholding the content. I say both companies are screwing over the consumer in this situation.
Holy crap, thankyou. Wasn't expecting that, I'll admit. I know I could have phrased my original post a hell of a lot more clearly, but it's difficult to stay calm in the face of this. All I (and a lot of the 360 community) want is a blog post. Just one. Even if it's just a paragraph long. All it needs to say is 'Sorry the 360 updates are taking so long, we know it's annoying, but we are working on them'. That's it. Either that or tell us they aren't coming, but please, for the love of god stop making hats and acknowledge us!

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Rusty Bucket said:
Holy crap, thankyou. Wasn't expecting that, I'll admit. I know I could have phrased my original post a hell of a lot more clearly, but it's difficult to stay calm in the face of this. All I (and a lot of the 360 community) want is a blog post. Just one. Even if it's just a paragraph long. All it needs to say is 'Sorry the 360 updates are taking so long, we know it's annoying, but we are working on them'. That's it. Either that or tell us they aren't coming, but please, for the love of god stop making hats and acknowledge us!
They did acknowledge you [http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/54351]. I don't think they have to keep making an announcement saying "we're going to get this done as soon as we feel it's worth the cost", because really, if I were Valve, I would want to wait until all the class updates are finished or at the very least enough of them to justify it. Also the problem lies in TF2's main sales coming from the PC versions less-so than the console. I'm not saying they are right or wrong in what they're doing but I am saying that if they kept having to repeat "when we feel it's worth the cost", they'd probably just aggravate more 360 players. Sort of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

On the other hand that was over a year ago and they didn't have any update then, so maybe they do need to answer for that.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
I may just have TF2 for the Xbox, but Valve do these things so well, I am really interested.

Playbahnosh

Dec 12, 2007
SPY SAPPIN MAH UPDATE!!!

I want Engineer update, not lousy soldier and demoman, feh. Instead of the wrench I want a tazer, a dispenser that dishes out nuclear landmines, a laser turret that repairs itself, an invisible teleporter and a gun that shoots homing-sharks.

That'll be all.

Lukeydoodly

Sep 9, 2008
Whoa holy shit, and I thought their next update would be more hats!

And hey Tom, Valve did update the 360 version recently! They added the incredible class limits and the 2 week long fix to modding! Hooray! Don't forget they left in all the glitches just for funsies!