Valve's Devs Run Quad-Cores, 12 GB of RAM

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
Yeah their rigs are impressive, but how good is their security?

This is what we should be asking, and by the way, I need the following:
3 naive people, prefferably ones who can drive, shoot and carry PCs.

That'll be all.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
I bet that when Valve releases HL2:EP3 they will send one of these computers to their fans...Right Valve? RIGHT?

nova18 said:
Yeah their rigs are impressive, but how good is their security?

This is what we should be asking, and by the way, I need the following:
3 naive people, prefferably ones who can drive, shoot and carry PCs.

That'll be all.
I can carry PC's! And shoot!

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
Soulreaverm said:
NezumiiroKitsune said:
While impressive I feel I over did my build. See Im building a gaming PC with the budget of £1000, I'm a little over and heres what Im planning on building.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 LGA775 'Yorkfield' 3.0GHz 12MB-cache (1333FSB)
OcUK Value JW-X48D2 Extreme-P Intel X48 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
Kingston HyperX 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 PC2-8500C6 1066MHz Dual Channel Kit
XFX GeForce GTX 295 1792MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express)
Samsung SpinPoint F1 750GB SATA-II 32MB Cache - OEM
Samsung TS-H353B 16x DVD-ROM SATA (Black) - OEM
Antec Signature Premium 850W Power Supply

I have all the rest (Moniter etc...) Running on Linux, 22" 1080p 2ms 50,000:1 Screen.

Though if they dont mind throwing some of that RAM this way? No? Awwh...

Costing me 10 months of wages ¬_¬
Gaming on Linux? Even with all that, it's gonna run pretty slow, if at all. Mine (admittedly pretty crap, but good enough on Windows for medium-high settings) only runs source games at absolute lowest settings, thats a 640x480 window with everything turned to low, and even then it gets about 10 fps. Like I said, thats if you can get the game running, since half the time you can't even get through the installation. Once you start the game, theres bound to be bugs, problems with textures, etc. I can't even bear to play anything, I'm desperate to get my (runs Crysis on highest settings) Windows pc back. So yeah, gaming on Linux? Really?
Okay okay point well made, I'll shell out for an operating system, but I'll be bedding a 6 headed zebra in a floral print dress before I go back to vista for another few years worth of lessons in ravenous incoherent rage and admin issues. Windows XP it is. Or 7 if they dont get distracted by something like making word even more useless with shiney fucking buttons everywhere.