Valve's Portal 2 Mod Crashes Down on Skyrim

Saxnot

Mar 1, 2010
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
A fanboy doesn't criticize a game as much as i do. If a group of bethesda fanboys saw me walk into a dark alley they would not hesitate to jump me. I also don't parrot memes into oblivion and beyond. I downloaded a mod to remove "arrow to the knee" and VALVE made one that inserts another meme.
The bethesda fanboys.... would 'jump' you.... in a dark alley....

you have a very strange view of the world

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
That was unexpected. But it's nice to see companies working together just for fun.

I will download it some time.

draythefingerless

Jul 10, 2010
rembrandtqeinstein said:
The best part was the "10 minutes later" on the inventory scrolling screen. /sigh, hopefully with the release of the creation it the interface will finally get fixed, and just maybe they will let me map hotkeys to menus with a list of items rather than specific items
Theres been a mod, many actually, to fix the menus, for a long time.

Detective Prince

Feb 6, 2011
I would comment about how cool this is but...

I'm immediately leaving to install it.

Plus. I am a total Nolan North fan. XD

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Raj thinks Space Core is only thing that nags more then Wife Mjoll.

Was funny when first found it. Held about her head while she slept. When Mjoll woke, she lept through the roof!

No literally, shoulder checked wall, and broke through it, brought entire roof down. Didnt stop running till friend M'aiq caught up with her and told her was joke.

Then she beat me with Core!
And Spoiler Alert! Far more sturdy then Raj is. Still walk with limp. Maybe box of chocolate fall from sky next so i can apologize to Wife Mjoll.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
draythefingerless said:
rembrandtqeinstein said:
The best part was the "10 minutes later" on the inventory scrolling screen. /sigh, hopefully with the release of the creation it the interface will finally get fixed, and just maybe they will let me map hotkeys to menus with a list of items rather than specific items
Linkylink?

I played for a month after release and there was 1 mod to add icons to some items and one mod that sort of helped menus a bit, but not all of them, and only sometimes. I figured when the creation kit was released there would be more.

draythefingerless

Jul 10, 2010
rembrandtqeinstein said:
draythefingerless said:
rembrandtqeinstein said:
Linkylink?

I played for a month after release and there was 1 mod to add icons to some items and one mod that sort of helped menus a bit, but not all of them, and only sometimes. I figured when the creation kit was released there would be more.
search for SkyUI on the steam workshop.

let me see...

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=3863

and for better sorting in the menus(because if you noticed, for example, when you have many types of health potion, theyd get scattered all over the potion menu because of their names like Ultimate, Vigorous, Extreme) heres this one

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=2730

Jul 9, 2008
"Since Skyrim was the only major release of 2011 without Nolan North in it, you should consider this mod a patch to fix that problem. You can now feel free to include Skyrim in the "Nolan North" section of your video game library, which is to say, your video game library."
This was honestly my favorite part. Space Core is great and all, but I always love this sort of joke.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
So it's official. Not only is Elder Scrolls in the same universe as Half Life and Portal, BUT after being tossed away into space the space core landed on the planet of Nirn.

MIND BLOWN :p

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
So it's official. Not only is Elder Scrolls in the same universe as Half Life an Portal, BUT after being tossed into space the space core landed on the planet of Nirn :p
So what you're saying is, when we finally hear Gordon Freeman speak, his first words are going to be:

Dear God, I'm sorry. Couldn't help myself.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Well this looks interesting. I'll have to look into it. Did anyone else notice he had two of Mehrunes' Razor?
STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM. YOU'VE VIOLATED THE LAW. ;D
Also, think of the implications of this. Portal is set on Earth. If the core crash landed on Nirn, we could get to Tamriel! Come on people! Let's go!

ranger19

Nov 19, 2008
Wow, what a fun little bit of personality they've added to the game. As much as I enjoy my console gaming, this is one of those instances in which I feel like I'm missing out on something. I'd hope that maybe they'd release this as some sort of free little DLC on XBL or something, but I get the sense this is going to be a PC-gamers only treat.

Enjoy, friends, enjoy this for me. It looks fun.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
Monsterfurby said:
Rednog said:
I was once a cynical gamer just like you...until my house took a space core to the roof.

But seriously people, just to let you know. You are not FORCED to install mods. Getting all worked up about something you don't have to bloody install is really, really silly and does not really speak for a healthy mind.
Yes and while i agree(i think i remember saying "no one forces you to download the child mortality mod") when everyone keeps telling you about it at every turn it makes the hate justifiable. I know apples and oranges in a way. With the child death mod it was knee jerk reactions and spouting "psychopaths" this one is fanboy wanking and "OMG BEST MOD EVER I WONT SHUT UP UNTIL YOU ADMIT PORTAL 2 IS THE BEST THING EVER OR ADMIT THAT X IS 10% BETTER BECAUSE OP THE REFERENCE OR YOU BLUDGEON ME TO DEATH WITH A DUMBELL!" Yes i know there are dozens of grammatical errors in that (run on) sentence that was the point. And while neither mod is required to be downloaded one of these is not claiming them mod is official TES cannon.
You know what's fine to hate?

Nazis. Communists. Religious fanatics. People who do anything to try and affect your life and lifestyle by any means necessary.

You know what's not fine to hate? A mod for a game nobody forces you to buy, or to download.

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
Clearly the next volume needs to contain the Adventure Core, aka Rick, he'd love it there. Lots of ADVENTURE to be had.