Vanilla Ice Dislikes Rap Song for New TMNT Movie

Esmeralda Portillo

Jun 16, 2014
Vanilla Ice Dislikes Rap Song for New TMNT Movie

Vanilla Ice isn't feeling the new ninja rap for Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

While Megan Fox is busy telling fans to "f*c k off" over her role as April O'Neil in the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/136604-Megan-Fox-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Haters-Can-F-ck-Off], Vanilla Ice is expressing his own disappointment with the rap song that accompanies the debut of the movie.

"Shell Shocked" is a new song by Juicy J, Wiz Khalifa, and Ty Dolla $ign. The song features clever rhymes such as cheddar with Shredder, and clips from the movie of the newly-rendered Michael Bay turtles. Vanilla Ice, who is responsible for his own ninja rap back in 1991 for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_K6971WmAs], told GQ Magazine he wasn't much of a fan of the new song.

"With respect to all of the artists, the song doesn't really do it for me. It feels a little artificial-what I mean by that is that it sounds like a bunch of executives in the corporate world put it together. It really does not fit the theme of the Ninja Turtles legend. I think you have to understand, and be a true Ninja, to possess the Magic to really pull off the secret sound."

That said, TMNT fans will also remember that before Vanilla Sky made "Go Ninja Go!," Partners in Kryme made "Turtle Power," [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YceSXH9kRrE] which begs the question which song truly is closer to the "theme of the Ninja Turtles legend."

Source: ScreenRant [http://screenrant.com/ninja-turtles-movie-rap-song-shell-shocked-vanilla-ice/]

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Out of the two "ninja" songs, I definitely go with Vanilla Ice song always!

So is Mega is going to tell Vanilla to fuck off too?

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Esmeralda Portillo said:
"It feels a little artificial-what I mean by that is that it sounds like a bunch of executives in the corporate world put it together."

.....I really have nothing else too add.

With that in mind, here is some SNES music if anyone gets mad at/hates the afomentioned song:

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
It's a strange day when I must admit that Vinilla Ice made the better song. But he did. Because the new one is crap.

Twyce

Mostly a Lurker
Apr 1, 2009
For me this will always be the best TMNT song. Vanilla Ice and Juicy J. be damned.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Go ninja go ninja go... go go go go, Ninja, Ninja rap.

Now take that sample and the rest of the song and have it done by Shatner.
That would be... awesome.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
I already put this movie in my not for me list, but now that it's being promoted with rap music, I'm even less likely to see it. Sheesh....

nevarran

Apr 6, 2010
I like both old songs, they fit well with the Turtles, light and funny.
This new one seems way too darker for the TMNT. But I guess that's how the movie will be as well.

TheMemoman

Mar 11, 2013
Wow, He is not kidding... I seriously didn't make it in my first try past:

"You know I got your back. Like a turtle shell."

What a ninja turd! There's not even the minimum effort faked for these very, very sub par lyrics. It's all pseudo-party, pseudo-dubstep, disengaged rapping. Nobody in that song gave a single fuck other than the paycheck they were brought.

Though "Knock, knock you' about to get shell-shocked!" (ironically, the most corporate-designed sounding lyric in the history of mankind) might be a warning to discerning moviegoers. Although, of course, it's still going to be the number one hit of the summer and the TMNT are going to be the number one movie as well. Because I don't understand humans anymore.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Shell Shocked" is a new song by Juicy J, Wiz Khalifa, and Ty Dolla $ign.
Well there's your problem. You got one of those "musicians" who spent all of his creativity trying come up with a stage name by substituting a dollar sign for the letter "S" to do the song.

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
When Vanilla ice is telling you to step up your game...
Then again, one must have game in order to step it up...

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
If you want lyrics that make no sense but everyone will love it anyway?

Just hire RHCP. Check mate.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Well at least they used lyrics that are definitely TMNT references and not generic gangsta shit that could be "interpreted" as TMNT related.

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
Twyce said:
For me this will always be the best TMNT song. Vanilla Ice and Juicy J. be damned.

Congratulations, you one this one.

I was hoping Vanilla Ice was going to tell Megan Fox to f-off.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Esmeralda Portillo said:
"Shell Shocked" is a new song by Juicy J, Wiz Khalifa, and Ty Dolla $ign.

I'm not sure if I need a translator or a cryptographer.

Also, Vanilla Ice is still alive?

Jul 31, 2013
JenSeven said:
I already put this movie in my not for me list, but now that it's being promoted with rap music, I'm even less likely to see it. Sheesh....
And what exactly is wrong with promoting a movie with rap music? I mean, it's the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, not the Godfather.... Being 'hip' and 'urban' was always kind of their schtick.

Now, promoting a movie with bad rap music is something completely different....