Velociraptor attacks

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
The amount of velociraptor attacks have become increasingly common on the news lately. Bah, screw your zombies and molepeople, how would you survive against these fast critters.

Strengths:
-Smart
-Strong
-Can resemble chickens
-Hunt in packs
-Can open doors and possibly pick locks
-Jump and climb
-Don't attack the electric fence more then once in the same area
-Eat cows real well
-Very fast
-They don't try to bite the jugular like a lion, they slash here, here or maybe here across the belly
-You're alive when they start to eat you

Weaknessess:
-Can't handle a gun... yet.
-Nothing else

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
All they need an opposable thumb and they'll master guns too! BEWARE!

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
shatnershaman said:
How will they beat the tanks or fighter planes?
Duh, jump on them and open the hatch, or just wait until the people inside run out of food.

As for the plane... you'll never make it to the plane!

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
PurpleRain said:
shatnershaman said:
Duh, jump on them and open the hatch, or just wait until the people inside run out of food.

Open the closed steel hatch? Get near BOOM!

Never make it? Like all those airfields ready to scramble? Or how bout those aircraft carriers? You going to swim and jump extremely high?

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Hey, you won't see them when you're in a tank or a plane, they'll hide and wait until you come out, you'll have to come out eventually.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
shatnershaman said:
PurpleRain said:
shatnershaman said:

Open the closed steel hatch? Get near BOOM!

Never make it? Like all those airfields ready to scramble? Or how bout those aircraft carriers? You going to swim and jump extremely high?
They could sneak up on the tanks blind spots and sit on the hatch until the poor fool inside decides they're gone and opens it.

Hmm, true about the aircraft carriers, but I doubta F1-11 could pippoint target every single raptor. Eventually, they will learn how to dodge the planes sights. But good calls.

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
Hey they aren't smart.
"It is more probable that, while intelligent by dinosaur standards, they were less intelligent than modern big cats"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velociraptor#Predatory_behavior

My modern day cat always falls for the laser pointer trick. I don't have much hope for a dinosaur avoiding planes.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Surely the planes would be moving too fast to target a relatively small object.... still raptors would struggle against an Apache attack helicopter or any helicopter for that matter.

Still, if raptors could multiply as fast as zombies, they'd certainly provide a bigger threat than zombies. What about were-velociraptors?

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
Eagle Est1986 said:
Surely the planes would be moving too fast to target a relatively small object.... still raptors would struggle against an Apache attack helicopter or any helicopter for that matter.
Thats the beauty of long range missiles and computers.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
shatnershaman said:
Hey they aren't smart.
"It is more probable that, while intelligent by dinosaur standards, they were less intelligent than modern big cats"

My modern day cat always falls for the laser pointer trick. I don't have much hope for a dinosaur avoiding planes.
Scientific mumbo-jumbo. Obviously, they've never faced against the queen Velociraptor.

What you need to do is secure your house. Bourding the windows may provied only temporary defence. They can just as easily brake through wood and glass. Destroying the staircase is usless as they could climb or jump it depending on the size. And of course they can open door knobs...

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
PurpleRain said:
shatnershaman said:
Hey they aren't smart.

Scientific mumbo-jumbo. Obviously, they've never faced against the queen Velociraptor.
Other science mumbo jumbo is there are NO velociraptors alive. I'm mean this is just ridiculous (Yes I am like that. I'm the one pointing out every thing wrong in star wars while watching it)

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
PurpleRain clearly have seen the Jurassic Park films :p

I doubt they would manage to smash through walls, as they lack opposable thumbs required to operate sledgehammers.. We'll take'em out as long as we don't go hunting for them out in jungle or forest environments.

RetiarySword

Apr 27, 2008
A dinosaur attack... purplerain are you talking crap? Have you any evidence to these attacks? To me dinosaur attacks seem a little... far fetched.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Chapper said:
PurpleRain clearly have seen the Jurassic Park films :p

I doubt they would manage to smash through walls, as they lack opposable thumbs required to operate sledgehammers.. We'll take'em out as long as we don't go hunting for them out in jungle or forest environments.
Not so much walls, but boarded windows. They could budge or claw them down. The usual weapons are always good: guns and melee. Unarmed would do nothing, and melee has a high risk of them dodging you can then attacking.

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
We have the ultimate weapon against them (also works on space marines and talking mushrooms) realism. They don't exist.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
RetiarySword said:
A dinosaur attack... purplerain are you talking crap? Have you any evidence to these attacks? To me dinosaur attacks seem a little... far fetched.
Yeah, they were on the news last night. With the flying scorpions and the zombie attacks.

I love it how this thread has coped a massive debate over the realism of raptors but no peep from zombie threads. I must have hit a nerve. What's dead stays dead. There was a good reason they're all gone and we don't talk about it!

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
PurpleRain said:
What's dead stays dead. There was a good reason they're all gone and we don't talk about it!
Are you talking about dinosaurs? There are plenty of dino specials on discovery.

Saskwach

Nov 4, 2007
PurpleRain said:
RetiarySword said:
Yeah, they were on the news last night. With the flying scorpions and the zombie attacks.

I love it how this thread has coped a massive debate over the realism of raptors but no peep from zombie threads. I must have hit a nerve. What's dead stays dead. There was a good reason they're all gone and we don't talk about it!
It's much easier to debate the realism of something that truly existed, Purps. When you're talking about zombies you're already buying into Fantasyland. I think people are also a bit peeved- and thus crying foul- that any solution is automatically shot down because of reason X. Zombies had identifiable and agreed on weaknesses that could be exploited. Velociraptors are apparently super monsters that wait out tanks and planes without being blasted to itty-bitty pieces.
(Some people are missing the joke here, though.)